Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2563 View Post
Hey everyone,
i need your opinions choosing between two Sparkthrowers.
The first one has more lightning damage, the second one has more attack speed. I am leaning towards the AS one, but can you please share your opinions?

Pics are without any buffs and without HBAmmo.

https://imgur.com/a/XCxitxf

Thanks,
steve
Superior of Alacrity and it's not even close
Old 04-28-2018, 04:49 PM
Praetorian

Yeah, definitely the Alacrity one. The tooltip is inaccurate because it doesn't take in account things like WPS or Crit damage.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:26 PM
Initiate

Weyu,

I like this build and want to try out, but I'm not the best at figuring out devotions. I tried to deduce the devotion path from your leveling guide, but I'm still missing something. Can you or someone else post a detailed devotion leveling guide?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Monster View Post
Weyu,

I like this build and want to try out, but I'm not the best at figuring out devotions. I tried to deduce the devotion path from your leveling guide, but I'm still missing something. Can you or someone else post a detailed devotion leveling guide?

Thanks
I hope my experience will help you, I had exactly the same problem with devotions at first. So, look at the build, at first look just at the two or three devotion constellations, the closest to the crossroad. For instance ghoul or eel etc, see what crossroad color you need, click that, go that road, and once you finish first two, three, you will ineitably unlock other constellations. Then, see what other devotions are in the guide/build, and pick those, and so you unlock others. Towards the end, you will be also able to go the spirit guide or what's her name, and refund at least 2 or 3 points, usually just from the crossroads, then you can add them wherever.

Another way is to look at the most advanced, top tier devotions and go from there, bottom to top, just by seeing what colors you need, but picking the ones that are the most useful for your char. If you need more defense, that will be a bit different route generally than if you go offensive (I usually do for sc, but I did go a different route for hc, or for crucible (not that much though, just changed the medal for divinity's mark, so it's all kinda related and flexible).

I hope that was useful to you.

Last edited by shelion; 05-20-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Praetorian

^that's a good explanation.

In the 1-20 part for example, there are 2 nodes taken in Crossroads and various clusters. I would start by getting one purple in Crossroads -> Toad -> Hawk.

This nets you 6 green and 4 purple, which allows you to get the first 3 nodes in Rhowan's Crown. Bind the Elemental Storm skill from that to Savagery, and you're in easy town.

Then you take 1 blue in Crossroads, which allows you to get Wraith completed.
The 20-40 part is similar: completing the above allows you to get Widow, which in turn lets you get Kraken.
Having 2 resist reduction abilities + Kraken in the early game makes it very easy to level.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Initiate

Weyu and Shelion,

Thanks for the explanations, they really helped.

Now I have a question about Weyu's choice of devotions. Why pick Hydra over Tempest? Is Hydra really that good for rifle builds?

Thanks,
Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Praetorian

I never really was a fan of Tempest since it's a 7 node cluster that only gives 1/1 completion, and the middle nodes are kind of meh.
The proc doesn't have that much of an impact either when you're already critting for a quarter million damage or more.

Hydra is not great but for this build the OA bonuses are comparable to Ulzuin's Torch, a highest tier devotion, while Hydra is only tier 2.
The reason I took it is because it gives the right completion bonuses and it gives a good amount of OA, which is important with the 100%+ crit damage in the build.
The slow resist doesn't hurt either if you play Crucible.
Plus, this build gets the first 2 nodes in Tempest, which are the most important for it.

There are not that many alternatives for this setup, unless you completely change it and go for a blue setup instead with Spear of the Heavens and Dying God.
For example, in this build you could remove Hydra entirely and put 3 of the 6 points you regained into Behemoth, to get the same 3 green 2 red completion bonuses.
That leaves you with 3 more points to play with. Then you could remove the 2 points in Jackal so you can complete Tempest or something like Solemn Watcher.

Or you could get Fiend, but for every option you gain something and lose something, I don't think anything is a clear win.
The main setup is a good all-round one that has both high offense but also good defense.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Initiate

just wondering why you are not using Primal Stike as LMB ?
I manange to get a Green two-handed Gun that gave +3 to primal strike and +40% Crit damage to Primal Strike.
Only wondering since i was looking at some similar builds and one went for Primal Strike
Old 09-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSingularity View Post
just wondering why you are not using Primal Stike as LMB ?
I manange to get a Green two-handed Gun that gave +3 to primal strike and +40% Crit damage to Primal Strike.
Only wondering since i was looking at some similar builds and one went for Primal Strike
because it's a savagery build that is using a weapon tailored for Savagery. It's very possible and very effective to use transmuted Primal Strike as LMB attack, but it's gonna be a different build altogether (and there is a guide for that.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:57 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
because it's a savagery build that is using a weapon tailored for Savagery. It's very possible and very effective to use transmuted Primal Strike as LMB attack, but it's gonna be a different build altogether (and there is a guide for that.
aah okay.
Would i be able to still use this build even if i went for Primal Strike ? og would that mess up the hole build. ?
Only asking getting back into Grim Dawn again this is the first time i am trying to use a build or even a guide, and hopefully one day be able to come up with a fun build myself.

Tags
vindicator