Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we buff the Queen?
Yes! She is now a fodder. 16 19.75%
No! What are you thinking! I Cant even facetank her! 50 61.73%
I dont care. 15 18.52%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
The only thing dangerous about Aleks is his meteor and that doesn't stop him from being one of the most dangerous enemies in the game. Only thing dangerous with Grava is his null projectile. Only thing dangerous of Gargabol is his volcano. Enemies having one extremely dangerous skill and thus making it one of the most dangerous enemies in the game is pretty much the only requirement.
Only thing I disagree with is the Aleks Meteor bit. Tank builds can take the meteor no problem but Aleks can easily shotgun you with his "AoE PRM boomerang + teleport in your face attack".

I agree Mad Queen is stronger than Alkamos/Shar Zul lol, the comparison just isn't there.

I voted no because she has nothing "awesome" worth farming for.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Champion

Alkamos is trash, lmao, how can you even compare him to Mad Queen.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
Only thing I disagree with is the Aleks Meteor bit. Tank builds can take the meteor no problem but Aleks can easily shotgun you with his "AoE PRM boomerang + teleport in your face attack".

I agree Mad Queen is stronger than Alkamos/Shar Zul lol, the comparison just isn't there.

I voted no because she has nothing "awesome" worth farming for.
My tanky FW Tact took 10k damage from Aleks's meteor and that's against 3,1k DA, 22% phys res, aura of censure, overcapped Aether res and 2,8k armor. Only character i have so far that can tank his meteor is my Blade Arc Witchblade and she has 50% physical res, 88% aether res with 50% over the cap, 2,8k armor and perma War Cry. Don't really agree tank builds in general can take his meteor very well.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Praetorian

So, just how quick can you personally kill the Mad Queen?

It's all some other random person on youtube, but nothing about how YOUR chars do against her?

Or are you just posting deliberately provocative threads for no reason other than to get a response and argument going?
Old 10-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaknet View Post
So, just how quick can you personally kill the Mad Queen?

It's all some other random person on youtube, but nothing about how YOUR chars do against her?

Or are you just posting deliberately provocative threads for no reason other than to get a response and argument going?

Yeah pretty much this, i have lot of builds/chars and some of the find the queen not so easy, even if dressed in good gears.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Champion

The Queen is frankly more dangerous than most nemesis, she's fine.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
My tanky FW Tact took 10k damage from Aleks's meteor and that's against 3,1k DA, 22% phys res, aura of censure, overcapped Aether res and 2,8k armor. Only character i have so far that can tank his meteor is my Blade Arc Witchblade and she has 50% physical res, 88% aether res with 50% over the cap, 2,8k armor and perma War Cry. Don't really agree tank builds in general can take his meteor very well.
My retaliation build has well over 4k armor with 100% absorption and I honestly feel 2.8K isn't enough for tanks.

Regardless. The meteor has inconsistent damage. Sometimes I take well over 7k damage and other times it looks like I'm only taking 3K damage though his boomerang PRM forces me to kite him. If I face tank him with this build he will shred 8K in an instant or one shot my character in some cases, it's equal to having the meteor drop. Long story short, with 14K health, 1 meteor will not 1 shot my toon.

Can post a vid if you'd like but in the same vid I got killed by the meteor when I only had 5K health and it's a long battle as I was using a retaliation build. You'll see me eat 3 meteor's without dropping after the first death.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
My retaliation build has well over 4k armor with 100% absorption and I honestly feel 2.8K isn't enough for tanks.

Regardless. The meteor has inconsistent damage. Sometimes I take well over 7k damage and other times it looks like I'm only taking 3K damage though his boomerang PRM forces me to kite him. If I face tank him with this build he will shred 8K in an instant or one shot my character in some cases, it's equal to having the meteor drop. Long story short, with 14K health, 1 meteor will not 1 shot my toon.

Can post a vid if you'd like but in the same vid I got killed by the meteor when I only had 5K health and it's a long battle as I was using a retaliation build. You'll see me eat 3 meteor's without dropping after the first death.
I can vouch for meteor's inconsistent damage, sometimes it deals like 2k damage to my FW Tact and others times the aformentioned 10k. Honestly never had major issue with his prm shotgun, had it remove a sizeable chunk of my health but nothing too major. I do add that i use Runeguard Greaves a lot and their proc helps mitigating a lot of Aleks's damage when it's up.

Retal builds are pretty much the only build archetype that can reach 4k+ armor because they go full defense. 2,8k armor is pretty much considered an high armor rating for offensive builds.

Last edited by Norzan; 10-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Praetorian

Iím of the mind that all the non super bosses could use more hp lol.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73
Old 10-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
Iím of the mind that all the non super bosses could use more hp lol.
Go to your room, you're grounded.