Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we buff the Queen?
Yes! She is now a fodder. 16 19.75%
No! What are you thinking! I Cant even facetank her! 50 61.73%
I dont care. 15 18.52%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Duck_King's Avatar
Duck_King Duck_King is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
The only thing dangerous about Aleks is his meteor and that doesn't stop him from being one of the most dangerous enemies in the game. Only thing dangerous with Grava is his null projectile. Only thing dangerous of Gargabol is his volcano. Enemies having one extremely dangerous skill and thus making it one of the most dangerous enemies in the game is pretty much the only requirement.
Only thing I disagree with is the Aleks Meteor bit. Tank builds can take the meteor no problem but Aleks can easily shotgun you with his "AoE PRM boomerang + teleport in your face attack".

I agree Mad Queen is stronger than Alkamos/Shar Zul lol, the comparison just isn't there.

I voted no because she has nothing "awesome" worth farming for.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-07-2018, 08:37 PM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,200
Default

Alkamos is trash, lmao, how can you even compare him to Mad Queen.
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
Only thing I disagree with is the Aleks Meteor bit. Tank builds can take the meteor no problem but Aleks can easily shotgun you with his "AoE PRM boomerang + teleport in your face attack".

I agree Mad Queen is stronger than Alkamos/Shar Zul lol, the comparison just isn't there.

I voted no because she has nothing "awesome" worth farming for.
My tanky FW Tact took 10k damage from Aleks's meteor and that's against 3,1k DA, 22% phys res, aura of censure, overcapped Aether res and 2,8k armor. Only character i have so far that can tank his meteor is my Blade Arc Witchblade and she has 50% physical res, 88% aether res with 50% over the cap, 2,8k armor and perma War Cry. Don't really agree tank builds in general can take his meteor very well.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Jaknet's Avatar
Jaknet Jaknet is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,859
Default

So, just how quick can you personally kill the Mad Queen?

It's all some other random person on youtube, but nothing about how YOUR chars do against her?

Or are you just posting deliberately provocative threads for no reason other than to get a response and argument going?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-07-2018, 09:22 PM
They Live They Live is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaknet View Post
So, just how quick can you personally kill the Mad Queen?





It's all some other random person on youtube, but nothing about how YOUR chars do against her?





Or are you just posting deliberately provocative threads for no reason other than to get a response and argument going?


Yeah pretty much this, i have lot of builds/chars and some of the find the queen not so easy, even if dressed in good gears.
__________________
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and i'm all out of bubblegum.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Avyctes's Avatar
Avyctes Avyctes is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,810
Default

The Queen is frankly more dangerous than most nemesis, she's fine.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Duck_King's Avatar
Duck_King Duck_King is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
My tanky FW Tact took 10k damage from Aleks's meteor and that's against 3,1k DA, 22% phys res, aura of censure, overcapped Aether res and 2,8k armor. Only character i have so far that can tank his meteor is my Blade Arc Witchblade and she has 50% physical res, 88% aether res with 50% over the cap, 2,8k armor and perma War Cry. Don't really agree tank builds in general can take his meteor very well.
My retaliation build has well over 4k armor with 100% absorption and I honestly feel 2.8K isn't enough for tanks.

Regardless. The meteor has inconsistent damage. Sometimes I take well over 7k damage and other times it looks like I'm only taking 3K damage though his boomerang PRM forces me to kite him. If I face tank him with this build he will shred 8K in an instant or one shot my character in some cases, it's equal to having the meteor drop. Long story short, with 14K health, 1 meteor will not 1 shot my toon.

Can post a vid if you'd like but in the same vid I got killed by the meteor when I only had 5K health and it's a long battle as I was using a retaliation build. You'll see me eat 3 meteor's without dropping after the first death.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
My retaliation build has well over 4k armor with 100% absorption and I honestly feel 2.8K isn't enough for tanks.

Regardless. The meteor has inconsistent damage. Sometimes I take well over 7k damage and other times it looks like I'm only taking 3K damage though his boomerang PRM forces me to kite him. If I face tank him with this build he will shred 8K in an instant or one shot my character in some cases, it's equal to having the meteor drop. Long story short, with 14K health, 1 meteor will not 1 shot my toon.

Can post a vid if you'd like but in the same vid I got killed by the meteor when I only had 5K health and it's a long battle as I was using a retaliation build. You'll see me eat 3 meteor's without dropping after the first death.
I can vouch for meteor's inconsistent damage, sometimes it deals like 2k damage to my FW Tact and others times the aformentioned 10k. Honestly never had major issue with his prm shotgun, had it remove a sizeable chunk of my health but nothing too major. I do add that i use Runeguard Greaves a lot and their proc helps mitigating a lot of Aleks's damage when it's up.

Retal builds are pretty much the only build archetype that can reach 4k+ armor because they go full defense. 2,8k armor is pretty much considered an high armor rating for offensive builds.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.

Last edited by Norzan; 10-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-07-2018, 10:32 PM
adoomgod's Avatar
adoomgod adoomgod is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,069
Default

Iím of the mind that all the non super bosses could use more hp lol.
__________________
Come check out mods I've worked on!
Cornucopia - - - "http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37644"

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
Iím of the mind that all the non super bosses could use more hp lol.
Go to your room, you're grounded.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletinģ 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.