Old 02-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmljKaljich View Post
Excellent mod, really captures the feel of Diablo 2 in a Grim Dawn setting. Looking forward to the next update. Will there be LoD acts too?

Some bugs and suggestions/comments that you may consider for the next update:
1. Replace all the references of "iron bits" with "gold".
2. The mana bar is blue, but the mana potions are still green, maybe change them to blue as well? (Same goes for followers & enemies; their mana bars are still green)
3. When you want to teleport via a portal to the same portal a window pops up saying: "cannot use the same riftgate". Consider changing the word "riftgate" to "portal" in every instance.
4. Dark Spearwomen animation
5. Gambling system
6. Don't know if a bug or a feature, but some Gargantuan beasts heal way too fast.
7. Unidentified items.
8. Shaman's don't resurrect, they only heal & throw fire balls.
9. Stash slot extensions so cheap?
10. After finishing the Den of Evil, lighting the place like in the original D2.
11. Add map transparency like in the original.
12. Chaos resistance still refers to Chtonians.
13. Maybe implement the followers system a bit differently. Currently, a follower (e.g., a rogue in Act 1) is a component for boots.¸
14. Writ's leg in Tristram? Couldn't find it...

I will update this list as I am playing it. Once again thanks for this awesome mod
#13.You need to remember that Grim Dawn has no merc system so they have to implement it as best they can with Grim Dawn's sytems so that seems to be setting them as a component.
#14. If you would read the entire first post, the secret cow level has been changed. Instead of the leg allowing you to enter the cow level once per difficulty, now a goblin named ????? will randomly spawn and drop a 'Mysterious Key' that has a cow symbol on it.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:30 AM
Initiate

Thank you for the response. I understand there is no merc system in Grim dawn, but currently it is using up a boots slot for a component. Instead, it could be done in a way as with the wisp, just a sort of potion. Also, making it permanent is kind of a problem, e.g., once a follower dies, you can summon it again. They are also a bit over-powered, especially at the beginning.

About the cow level, I read the first post, and I know it is an encounter. However, it would still be nice to have the item (Wirt's leg); at lower levels it is a nice one.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Excellent mod, really captures the feel of Diablo 2 in a Grim Dawn setting. Looking forward to the next update. Will there be LoD acts too?

I will update this list as I am playing it. Once again thanks for this awesome mod
0.4.0 update (release later this month) is going to bring complete Act 4.

First half of Act 5 is coming in 0.5.0 update. Release in summer 2019.

1. Fixed
2. Fixed
3. Fixed
4. Can you be more specific? I guess you are referring to attack animation. Current animation is the best one I could find and I dont have time to make a brand new one.
5. Most likely not happening, too much work.
6. Feature
7. Not happening, too much work.
8. Ressurect is not possible, only pet summon skill with cooldown.
9. I like more space.
10. Too much work for such a small feature.
11. Minimap serves that purpose.
12. Fixed
13. Current way of implementing mercenaries is the best one I could come up with since I cannot use a potion usable skill due to player being able to summon multiple mercenaries at once that way.
14. Original method of opening cow level will be implemented later.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Initiate

Got it. Thanks for the detailed info.

A gambling system would be quite nice. I missed that in the original Grim Dawn. I guess, the random crafting is OK, but not the same.

For 4) I mean the animation of dying, they "expire" into some ghost form. Never mind, probably also too much work.

9) Me too, but this is too cheap. 1 gold piece for the first expansion only as opposed to 20k? in vanilla GD.

13) Understandable then. However, it seems to be scaling with player lvl? A bit overpowered, my first Rogue follower in Act 1 is pretty indestructible throughout.

Looking forward to your next update. Will post here if I have anything else to suggest.

Also, will the characters from 0.31 be compatible with 0.4 or we will need to start a new game?

Last edited by KmljKaljich; 02-11-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Counsel

Quote:
A gambling system would be quite nice. I missed that in the original Grim Dawn. I guess, the random crafting is OK, but not the same.
Crates attitude that Random crafting is equivalent of Gambling.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:48 AM
Initiate

Okay then. That settles it.

Anyway, there is another bug. I am playing a Sorceress as main class, but have added a second class too. Now there is a bug on the title screen:
"Level 12: Tag not found: tagSkillClassName"
Old 02-12-2019, 05:17 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Okay then. That settles it.

Anyway, there is another bug. I am playing a Sorceress as main class, but have added a second class too. Now there is a bug on the title screen:
"Level 12: Tag not found: tagSkillClassName"
This is Grim Dawn "feature". Happens will all modded games that have custom class names. The only way to fix it is to:

a) Load modded game and go back to the main menu
b) Add custom tags into your main game files
Old 02-13-2019, 11:17 AM
Initiate

Got it. I did A), just start the mod new game and go back to the main menu. The proper name is there.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:32 AM
Initiate

Am I missing something?

Currently a lv. 18 Sorceress/Necro, and I've spendt a few points into Glacial spike and Ice Blast, but I cannot pick either or the skills?

Appreciate all feedback, thank you
Old 02-15-2019, 04:35 AM
Campaigner

That's because those skills are modifiers to Ice Bolt (round skill icon).

Tags
awesome, diablo 2, map, mod