Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqmWnvZ
This one clear under 30 min buffed =)
I have two attempts at a build:

Chaos Warlock

A quick and dirty aether/elemental sorcerer
EDIT: Replacing the medals with the Mythical Sanctus Crest and replacing one of the sorcerer 's wendigo powders with Coven Bloodied Ash is also very good.

Either of these viable?

Last edited by Areze; 12-07-2017 at 06:23 AM. Reason: build tweaking
Old 12-07-2017, 06:22 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areze View Post

Chaos Warlock

Either of these viable?
Nope they look more like troll-builds rather that something half-decent.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Hey Zhuugus. I never played crucible before the expansion but I always see in Drizzto's videos that he clears Gladiator in 24 mins or less with buffs and banners. With the expansion, I started playing crucible and most of my chars can't clear it before the buffs wear down (25 mins). And now in this list, the standard has become under 30 mins. Does this mean that these builds clear the last few waves (namely 149 and 150) without buffs or do you buy buffs again before starting wave 141?
Hey. Drizzto is an excellent player. If you haven't done at least 100 successful gladiator clears you'll clear considerably slower than him.
I usually write clear times for every build, about half of presented builds can clear in 25min in the hands of an experienced player. But if a player is not experinced, then it's 30 min and more. So yeah, some will have have to buy blessings again before wave 140, some don't. Depends on the build, on the player and sometimes on mutators.
You should not worry that you waste more tributes, because the optimal farming route in crucible is: clear 100-150, take loot, talk to Lokarr and start again from checkpoint at 130, clear 130-150, take loot, and start from checkpoint the second time. So it's 100-150, 130-150, 130-150. You don't loose the buffs when starting from chechpoint, so it doesn't matter that much if you can clear 100-150 in 25min.
I recommend you to read crucible guide from Drizzto (in my initial post), it will help you to learn the enemies, so you can figure out when you can rush and when to slow down.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areze View Post
Chaos Warlock
EDIT: Replacing the medals with the Mythical Sanctus Crest and replacing one of the sorcerer 's wendigo powders with Coven Bloodied Ash is also very good.
Either of these viable?
So I see you haven't tried crucible. Your builds have very weak defences. First, you don't max defensive skills like Mirror of ereoctes and Maiven's sphere. Second, you don't have any healing sources - health regen and healing pots will not be enough. Third, your crowd control resistances like stun res and freeze res are very low.
So, I'm afraid your builds are not viable in crucible and you'll probably even have big problems on high levels in campagn.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Speaker

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuugus View Post
Hey. Drizzto is an excellent player. If you haven't done at least 100 successful gladiator clears you'll clear considerably slower than him.
I usually write clear times for every build, about half of presented builds can clear in 25min in the hands of an experienced player. But if a player is not experinced, then it's 30 min and more. So yeah, some will have have to buy blessings again before wave 140, some don't. Depends on the build, on the player and sometimes on mutators.
You should not worry that you waste more tributes, because the optimal farming route in crucible is: clear 100-150, take loot, talk to Lokarr and start again from checkpoint at 130, clear 130-150, take loot, and start from checkpoint the second time. So it's 100-150, 130-150, 130-150. You don't loose the buffs when starting from chechpoint, so it doesn't matter that much if you can clear 100-150 in 25min.
I recommend you to read crucible guide from Drizzto (in my initial post), it will help you to learn the enemies, so you can figure out when you can rush and when to slow down.
Good luck!
Thanks! I really thought those 20 (sometimes even 17) min clears were standard and AoM mobs were so buffed durability-wise so that builds are doing it slower now even though a lot more builds are able to farm crucible comapred to pre-xpac (based on the conversations here).

I already know about the farming patterns and the guide from Drizzto but thanks anyway. The "not losing your buffs if you start a new run" thing is new to me though. I never bought buffs again at 140 because I thought I'd lose buffs when starting a new run (and because I used to afk a lot without pausing game after a clear) and now I'd just farm crucible with my most reliable char that can clear it without buffs. Buying buffs at 140 should help a lot. Waves 149 and 150 are really different without buffs.

CDR Stun Jacks Sorcerer -Build Thread: http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65552

Sorcerer - BWC/CT Burn procs - No Buff/Banner Clear
Witchblade - Physical S&B + Solael's Witchblade/Beronath Conversion - No Buff/Banner Clear
Infiltrator - Chillsurge/Nightfall Frostburn Build.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Acolyte

I posted my take on the old physical Cadence Witchblade build to farm Lokarr on the main game and changed a few things to do Gladiator Crucible.

Here's a link to the video with a 100-150 Gladiator Crucible clear in 31 minutes, without using any blessings, beacons or banners, and with extra spawn point active: https://youtu.be/-8iRcyCXvu8

And here's the Grim Tools for the build used in the video: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOQXBvV

And finally, here's a changed version after taking in consideration feedback from other players. It has more damage and more sustain in exchange for a little bit less OA/DA and HP: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p3eMeN

Last edited by Eddie_Alucard; 12-07-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Speaker

This is *exactly* the kind of thread I’ve been looking for. Thank you for making it. My only concern is about those green MIs. A lot of builds, or your changes to those builds, use very specific green MIs to function at peak capacity. After spending days trying to get a single double-rare green MI with no luck, I’ve come to the conclusion that finding one is essentially impossible for most players. I’m concerned, then, that these builds piloted by me will be lacking from their exclusion. So my question becomes are these MIs:
1) unnecessary for some of these builds to function properly? (They’ll still work, just slower.)
2) easier to farm than I’m making them out to be? (If so, good God someone please tell me how.)
Or
3) necessary and as difficult to find as I’ve noticed, meaning I should stay away from any build on this list that includes them?
Old 12-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingBiochemist View Post
After spending days trying to get a single double-rare green MI with no luck, I’ve come to the conclusion that finding one is essentially impossible for most players.
And you're absolutely right there! Even getting a double-rare non-MI item (with 2 mods you want) is damn tough challenge! Hell, even getting non-MI item with 1 desired rare and 1 desired magic affixes took more than 10 millions of iron bits from me (with 5k per craft try, so it's 2000+ craft tries, and craft yields FAR higher odds for rare affixes than normal drop).

But if build is really strong and uses balanced gear, it will work without that ultra-rare gear. Take my build for example (in my signature, also in that list of course), he doesnt need that godly gear to work well. All gear i've used for it, was self-found.
Some builds, indeed, struggle too much getting enough resistances and/or HP, so they have to stick with godly MI's for that.

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706

Last edited by MortalKombat; 12-07-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingBiochemist View Post
This is *exactly* the kind of thread Iíve been looking for. Thank you for making it. My only concern is about those green MIs. A lot of builds, or your changes to those builds, use very specific green MIs to function at peak capacity. After spending days trying to get a single double-rare green MI with no luck, Iíve come to the conclusion that finding one is essentially impossible for most players. Iím concerned, then, that these builds piloted by me will be lacking from their exclusion. So my question becomes are these MIs:
1) unnecessary for some of these builds to function properly? (Theyíll still work, just slower.)
2) easier to farm than Iím making them out to be? (If so, good God someone please tell me how.)
Or
3) necessary and as difficult to find as Iíve noticed, meaning I should stay away from any build on this list that includes them?
2) Perfect Double rare MIs are very hard to farm. You'll probably get 90% of all legendaries before you get a stonehide solael pants of kings. That said...

1) and 3) Most builds that use these MIs don't have the affixes set in stone. Maybe you'll need one with Kings suffix but the rest are just for capping resistances so you just adjust your components/augments to cover what's missing

CDR Stun Jacks Sorcerer -Build Thread: http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65552

Sorcerer - BWC/CT Burn procs - No Buff/Banner Clear
Witchblade - Physical S&B + Solael's Witchblade/Beronath Conversion - No Buff/Banner Clear
Infiltrator - Chillsurge/Nightfall Frostburn Build.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Counsel

Quote:
2) Perfect Double rare MIs are very hard to farm. You'll probably get 90% of all legendaries before you get a stonehide solael pants of kings. That said...

1) and 3) Most builds that use these MIs don't have the affixes set in stone. Maybe you'll need one with Kings suffix but the rest are just for capping resistances so you just adjust your components/augments to cover what's missing
1 - With the latest patch its a lot easier to craft and farm rares, you can't get an item with a single affix now from crafting and i observed even non crucible runs yield a lot more rares.
I have gotten a double affix MI from all the bosses in 3 out of 4 runs so far.

2 - Some builds use rares that have double resistance affixes which covers like 60-75% of their weakness from a single item alone and that alone is kind of bs.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Champion

Quote:
No, you'll get at least 90 copies of each legendary in the game before you get "Stonehide Solael Leggings of Kings". And even that might be a great luck !!!
That's how crazy RARE are double-rare MI's

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706