Old 12-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Supporter

I posted my take on the old physical Cadence Witchblade build to farm Lokarr on the main game and changed a few things to do Gladiator Crucible.

Here's a link to the video with a 100-150 Gladiator Crucible clear in 31 minutes, without using any blessings, beacons or banners, and with extra spawn point active: https://youtu.be/-8iRcyCXvu8

And here's the Grim Tools for the build used in the video: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOQXBvV

And finally, here's a changed version after taking in consideration feedback from other players. It has more damage and more sustain in exchange for a little bit less OA/DA and HP: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p3eMeN

Last edited by Eddie_Alucard; 12-07-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Speaker

This is *exactly* the kind of thread I’ve been looking for. Thank you for making it. My only concern is about those green MIs. A lot of builds, or your changes to those builds, use very specific green MIs to function at peak capacity. After spending days trying to get a single double-rare green MI with no luck, I’ve come to the conclusion that finding one is essentially impossible for most players. I’m concerned, then, that these builds piloted by me will be lacking from their exclusion. So my question becomes are these MIs:
1) unnecessary for some of these builds to function properly? (They’ll still work, just slower.)
2) easier to farm than I’m making them out to be? (If so, good God someone please tell me how.)
Or
3) necessary and as difficult to find as I’ve noticed, meaning I should stay away from any build on this list that includes them?
Old 12-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingBiochemist View Post
After spending days trying to get a single double-rare green MI with no luck, I’ve come to the conclusion that finding one is essentially impossible for most players.
And you're absolutely right there! Even getting a double-rare non-MI item (with 2 mods you want) is damn tough challenge! Hell, even getting non-MI item with 1 desired rare and 1 desired magic affixes took more than 10 millions of iron bits from me (with 5k per craft try, so it's 2000+ craft tries, and craft yields FAR higher odds for rare affixes than normal drop).

But if build is really strong and uses balanced gear, it will work without that ultra-rare gear. Take my build for example (in my signature, also in that list of course), he doesnt need that godly gear to work well. All gear i've used for it, was self-found.
Some builds, indeed, struggle too much getting enough resistances and/or HP, so they have to stick with godly MI's for that.

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706

Last edited by MortalKombat; 12-07-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Herald

Quote:
This is *exactly* the kind of thread Iíve been looking for. Thank you for making it. My only concern is about those green MIs. A lot of builds, or your changes to those builds, use very specific green MIs to function at peak capacity. After spending days trying to get a single double-rare green MI with no luck, Iíve come to the conclusion that finding one is essentially impossible for most players. Iím concerned, then, that these builds piloted by me will be lacking from their exclusion. So my question becomes are these MIs:
1) unnecessary for some of these builds to function properly? (Theyíll still work, just slower.)
2) easier to farm than Iím making them out to be? (If so, good God someone please tell me how.)
Or
3) necessary and as difficult to find as Iíve noticed, meaning I should stay away from any build on this list that includes them?
2) Perfect Double rare MIs are very hard to farm. You'll probably get 90% of all legendaries before you get a stonehide solael pants of kings. That said...

1) and 3) Most builds that use these MIs don't have the affixes set in stone. Maybe you'll need one with Kings suffix but the rest are just for capping resistances so you just adjust your components/augments to cover what's missing
Old 12-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
2) Perfect Double rare MIs are very hard to farm. You'll probably get 90% of all legendaries before you get a stonehide solael pants of kings. That said...

1) and 3) Most builds that use these MIs don't have the affixes set in stone. Maybe you'll need one with Kings suffix but the rest are just for capping resistances so you just adjust your components/augments to cover what's missing
1 - With the latest patch its a lot easier to craft and farm rares, you can't get an item with a single affix now from crafting and i observed even non crucible runs yield a lot more rares.
I have gotten a double affix MI from all the bosses in 3 out of 4 runs so far.

2 - Some builds use rares that have double resistance affixes which covers like 60-75% of their weakness from a single item alone and that alone is kind of bs.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
No, you'll get at least 90 copies of each legendary in the game before you get "Stonehide Solael Leggings of Kings". And even that might be a great luck !!!
That's how crazy RARE are double-rare MI's

My build/guide:
Old 12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Speaker

So what I think I'm hearing is "It depends on the build, but most you can replace the greens with more obtainable options. The times will suffer, but almost none of them rely on double rare MIs enough to make them nonviable."
Am I hearing right?
Old 12-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroscar View Post
1 - With the latest patch its a lot easier to craft and farm rares, you can't get an item with a single affix now from crafting and i observed even non crucible runs yield a lot more rares.
I have gotten a double affix MI from all the bosses in 3 out of 4 runs so far.

2 - Some builds use rares that have double resistance affixes which covers like 60-75% of their weakness from a single item alone and that alone is kind of bs.
It is impossible to get double rare weapon with right affixes legitimately. Most notable Ugdenbog/Loxmere daggers, Krilian mace`s etc.
Armor slots are different, with heavy crucible action you will get a bunch of good shoulders/pants in 300-400 hours. By the time you find all blueprints you should have a lot of good greens to gear even spellbreacker.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Champion

Quote:
So what I think I'm hearing is "It depends on the build, but most you can replace the greens with more obtainable options. The times will suffer, but almost none of them rely on double rare MIs enough to make them nonviable."
Am I hearing right?
You can always replace amy/medal sloth with res-heavy placeholders.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
It is impossible to get double rare weapon with right affixes legitimately. Most notable Ugdenbog/Loxmere daggers, Krilian mace`s etc.
Well, if you aim for rare+magic affix, it's very possible. I got 2 Ugdenbog daggers with 2x cold-themed prefix+suffix on both (and prefix on both is rare). Too bad they seem to have low item level (~50 base damage, and ~260 cold damage increase), even despite i got them with lvl100 character and in Gladiator difficulty... If they had 90+ Ilvl, they would be very close to BiS...
But double-rare is just a "no way".

Quote:
Am I hearing right?
Not sure about ALL those builds, but for most, it's true. In my own build, i dont even try to propagate double-rare items. They arent even needed in my build, to be honest. The only rare item i use is ring, and for it, magic suffix "of Attack" is BiS anyway.

My build/guide:

Last edited by MortalKombat; 12-07-2017 at 05:36 PM.