Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1  
Old 09-14-2018, 11:41 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Default Forgotten Gods Development FAQ

If you haven't heard yet, Grim Dawn's second expansion is actively in development and is coming in Q1 2019!

You can catch up on all the news on our Development Updates (Expansion updates started with #133)

Grim Misadventure development updates are posted every two weeks (typically on Mondays).

[Expansion FAQ]

How much will the expansion cost?
It's shaping up to be another major addition to Grim Dawn, but you can be sure it will be priced very fairly, as with Ashes of Malmouth. Stay tuned closer to release for the price.

When is the expansion coming?
The expansion is slated to release in Q1 2019.

Will there be new masteries?
Ashes of Malmouth brought the total number of mastery combinations to an impressive 28. But here at Crate Entertainment, we always do MOAR. So Forgotten Gods will introduce Grim Dawn's 9th mastery, bringing the total number of combinations to a staggering 36!

Check out our preview of the zealous Oathkeeper!

Will there be a new chapter of the story?
Forgotten Gods will feature another huge chapter of Grim Dawn's story, one we've been very eager to tell for many years. You will traverse burning sands, lush oases and volcanic wastes to reach the sun beaten ruins of a city with secrets that should never have been disturbed. The flames of a forgotten god have been rekindled, sending ripples through the Eldritch realm and sowing terror even among the Witch Gods themselves.

Will there be an increased Level cap?
In Forgotten Gods, you will gain additional Skill and Attribute points through quests and the upcoming Shattered Realm game mode, but there will not be an increase to the level cap.

Will there be an increased Devotion cap?
While Forgotten Gods will feature new Devotion Shrines and 9 new Constellations, the Devotion Cap will remain at 55.

The beauty of the Devotion System comes in the intricate paths and Constellation combinations players have developed over the years, and we want to be very careful about disrupting that balance by trivializing how you spend your Devotion points.

What are some of the new features coming with the expansion?
Forgotten Gods has many exciting new features we are very eager to get into your hands!

Learn about the Shattered Realm game mode, an intense new way to push your characters to new limits and earn powerful rewards.

Some of the tech that went into the Shattered Realm is also going to make existing content more dynamic and rewarding through the introduction of Challenge Areas!

We are also introducing awesome new mobility skills, which will be available to all characters through Rune Augments.

If you've ever struggled to complete an item set, you should definitely read about the Set Transmutation feature!
Old 09-15-2018, 12:02 AM
Champion

I don't mind the delay because i know it is certainly for a good cause. And by that time I probably have a new pc running it silky smooth.

If you don't want to clutter this thread with chatter, than feel free to close the thread and remove my message.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:16 AM
Supporter

GD devs, I'm glad to see an estimated date for the expansion. Today's stream has surprised me because Oathkeeper seems to me a very versatile class and I think it will combine very well with the existing masteries. Good luck with the FG project, I hope you take all the necessary time to do your best. I hope you also have in mind if it is possible to unify at a single level of difficulty as something optional or something similar. Keep up the good work xD.

PD: The ninth master ?. How nice is the number ten. Maybe we will see the ten mastery in a the third expansion ?. jejejeje
Old 09-15-2018, 03:41 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade_305 View Post

PD: The ninth master ?. How nice is the number ten. Maybe we will see the ten mastery in a the third expansion ?. jejejeje
if you buy 10 copies of FG, the 10th mastery will be made.

now i forgot. All of us should
Old 09-15-2018, 06:01 AM
Champion

Somehow I had the false impression that it was being released in October/November, damn. When does the new patch hit (rough estimate)?
Old 09-15-2018, 06:56 AM
Speaker

Can't wait!
Quick question. Will the expansion add anything for GrimFashion, apart from new illusions of course?
Old 09-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Somehow I had the false impression that it was being released in October/November, damn. When does the new patch hit (rough estimate)?
It was originally due Q4 this year, but has been pushed back, as for the patch, iirc from the stream, it is due Q1 as well, best to double check to be sure though
Old 09-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Speaker

Sucks to hear that there's a delay, but like others have said it's worth the wait. Hell, I remember the Kickstarter all the way back in 2011, so what's another few months for Forgotten Gods? :P

I'm super stoked to experience more of the story. This game is a classic, hands down. And even though I personally can't buy 10 copies, I'm looking forward to whatever other projects you guys end up doing.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Herald

thank you for the summary, i'm disappointed too to have to wait next year to play it but yesterday's stream was truely awesome and i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

keep up the great work !
Fiddler - Explosive Marksman Commando 30 Kalam - Swift Blades Nightblade 25 Onos Toolan - Death Incarnate Shaman 15
Old 09-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Somehow I had the false impression that it was being released in October/November, damn.
Likewise. Does anyone know the reason of the "delay"?