Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

View Poll Results: Which difficulty level looks like more fun to play?
Standard Grim Dawn. 227 46.14%
More difficult Grimmer Grim Dawn. 175 35.57%
Neither, i would like to see something in between. 77 15.65%
Neither, they both look too hard for me. 13 2.64%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Acolyte

i like to see the game get harder... so i chose the grimmer option... BUT!!!!...

we havent seen whats behind ''act 1''... i dont want to increase the difficulty to a level where it takes to long to level your toon...

if you increase the difficulty, it shouldn't be just adding more hp and dmg to the mobs... it should be adding some late game mobs that actually had abilities you had to dodge or alike...

in other words.. more intelligent ai
Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
I disagree, in TQ the first difficulty was the hardest, epic was easier and legendary was about on par with epic.
it sounds like you forget the time before you stacked all those legendary's in your inventory ;p
Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Champion

Voted standard after watching the grimmest video carefully.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love extra difficulty and all, but I think at this stage it is premature. The video does well to make you feel the extra difficulty, but it is not spectacular. The tempo is slow and it doesn't really seem fitting to struggle against thrash mobs. Maybe if the footage was elite difficulty and the build mowed everything down in msecs, then it would be more interesting to compare the extra toughness. But then again, who knows how hard Elite would be? Or if the spawns become thicker?

Grimmest is a very worthy endeavor, that should by all means happen. But comparing and drawing gameplay conclusions about difficulty now, it seems a little hasty.

Standard game difficulty scales in a very logical fashion, and the shortage of skill points combined with the easiness of reaching levels that allow mid tree skilling makes replayability a breeze, a given and a natural thought. I liked having 4 characters (leveled 67,42,30,22) than having just one grinding his xmax way to 75. By increasing difficulty too much you sort of achieve this indirectly. You stick to less characters because you train yourself to be extra effective against the brutal difficulty.

Matter of taste really, it is all good.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Praetorian

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far and especially those who are leaving comments and opinions about their choices. I refrain from entering into discussion about difficulty levels here, though i would like to, because I am trying to remain objective without pushing my own personal views.

The purpose here is not to promote the the difficulty mod, it is merely a tool so people see different points in the spectrum. If i had just said do you think GD should be harder the whole exersice is too vague and speculative.

Once again thank you for the feedback.

"You have served the Black Legion well. We do not forget our allies."
- Deathmark Vallar
Old 12-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Counsel

I would almost like to see 5 choices, or even more. If your 2 vids could be called difficulty 1 and 5 I'd like to play on 4. The more choices the better especially for those of us who play games with the GF(or any 2 players with different skill levels). Needs to be easy enough so player 1 doesn't get frustrated too much, and hard enough so player 2 isn't bored.

What I'd like to know is how the balancing changes with the mod. I watched both vids, but it's still hard to tell.
-Are the monsters just spawning at higher levels?
if so, does xp scale with them, and what about loot?

I was hoping for at least a "/players x" mod long before alpha.
The worst thing for me about D3 was that I never died on normal difficulty, even when I played like an idiot.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt3pz View Post
it sounds like you forget the time before you stacked all those legendary's in your inventory ;p
No, I remember just fine and it is true even with twinked chars

Your gear and skills get better faster than the enemies do. Typhon was never harder to defeat than on normal etc.

Last edited by mamba; 12-08-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
No, I remember just fine and it is true even with twinked chars

Your gear and skills get better faster than the enemies do. Typhon was never harder to defeat than on normal etc.
OMG I actually had 100 potions with me for a full olympus run +typhon on normal. But doing such runs gave tons of XP and loot though. Went from lvl 35ish all the way to 48-50. By then was overpowered till halfway act 2 epic. But yah...I do remember running through it more easily then on normal. Except for those legendary dragons. Those were a pain. Hades was annoying. In fact I found level design from a part of that act horrible. With those odd floors and opponents about two thirds in.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Old 12-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Initiate

Post probably more difficult GD

I would like to play more difficult GD, but we didn't see other act's so...
Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Initiate

I've NEVER died in this game. I remember I died one time but was because I changed the potion hotkey, apart of that, NEVER. The game is very easy. For example, the last boss of beta, the one that is on an "office" laboratory or something, dont remember the name, was hard enough, but I can just run in circles to auto recharge my HP in combat! this feels like cheating.

Off topic: Never died on Path of Exile, not even one time. I hope it get harder in the next playthrough.

Last edited by NeHoMaR; 12-08-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Initiate

More difficult Grimmer Grim Dawn !

I would like to see Grim Dawn more difficult ! Titan Quest difficulty levels were just fine

Imho, games with high difficulty level / gameplay are the best to play and have fun with it !
Closed Thread

Tags
difficulty