Old 10-14-2017, 07:09 AM
Advocate

The UI change to the stash is much better
Old 10-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Raise Skeleton: updated the way skeletons scale with their equipped weapons. Previously, their weapons represented a sizeable portion of their damage, which made the skill tooltip misleading for their actual damage and made their damage (particularly for archers) scale a bit too well in the early levels. We adjusted them so that the weapons now represent a negligible bonus and their damage is more predictable, their base damage has been scaled up with rank to compensate. In addition, Skeletons will no longer sometimes do partial Pierce damage due to having Pierce ratio sometimes appearing on their weapons. This has no impact on Skeletons benefiting from flat damage bonuses such as an auras. As this is a pretty dramatic change to the way their damage scales, we will continue to playtest and monitor this skill and may make further changes in the future to make sure their tuning is appropriate.
*prepares the Salve of Butthurt [Kymon's Chosen]*

The Fermi Paradox is God nerfing Civilization: Reality Edition.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:35 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Magic-quality Suffixes with % Damage bonuses now boost both the flat damage and the dot equivalent (ex. a Suffix that previously increased % Fire damage now also increases % Burn damage). Magic Suffixes that boost only % dot damage can no longer drop.
This is a very elegant but massive change! As someone who loves builds with DoTs: thank you! One of the best subtle itemization changes that I have seen.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:47 AM
Advocate

Thumbs Up

Had most of my unlocked torso armor models (lvl 1-25 range) become different, mostly much sexier models with that patch! Neeeeat!

EDIT: Oh, oh, and it's Rhis! Hey man, thanks A TON, for DX11 engine version! It's an eye-candy, and runs better! *bows*

Last edited by Malfet; 10-14-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:48 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
  • Asset Manager will now add additional build and source directories to Import Record, allowing modders to import expansion files. If using default paths, Additional Source Directories should be set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\gdx1\ and Additional Browse Directories to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\
Yay!!

Thank you

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 10-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Herald

Quote:
Siphon Souls: increased % Attack Damage Converted to Health to 24%
Sear Souls: increased % Damage Modifier penalty to -15%, added -10% Attack Damage Converted to Health penalty
So poor aether user are again penaltized twice >_>
Old 10-14-2017, 07:56 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
To prevent quest progress issues which have been occuring for some users with out of date translation files, this patch resets the in-game language for all users to English. As soon as updated language files are posted by the community translators they will once again be available for download via the in game menu.
Pardon my french, but wtf were you thinking when you've decided to do that? And more than that, introducing this change right before the weekend?

You do realize that you might've angered a big portion of non english speaking community? Maybe you've pleased chinese ppl, but don't you think that others who now can't play with translation can tank the rating on steam just as bad? Imagine a french/german/russian/japanese person who wakes up on a saturday morning hoping to play the expansion, then sees that weird popup that localization doesn't match game version (why is it shown multiple times?) and that language was changed back to english, and is unable to change the languge in game options? Yeah, I'd say I would be really pissed.

Why can't you just use existing translation and fallback to english text in case a tag isn't translated? Who decides that translation is complete? What if the person/team in charge of community translation isn't available right after a patch/hotfix release and you add just one more tag, does this mean that translation is incomplete and those who use it need to just wait until it's translated and pushed to your server?

Personally I don't need translation to play the game, but I'm really worried about other people's experience.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:06 AM
Initiate

Default New Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
Pardon my french, but wtf were you thinking when you've decided to do that? And more than that, introducing this change right before the weekend?

You do realize that you might've angered a big portion of non english speaking community? Maybe you've pleased chinese ppl, but don't you think that others who now can't play with translation can tank the rating on steam just as bad? Imagine a french/german/russian/japanese person who wakes up on a saturday morning hoping to play the expansion, then sees that weird popup that localization doesn't match game version (why is it shown multiple times?) and that language was changed back to english, and is unable to change the languge in game options? Yeah, I'd say I would be really pissed.

Why can't you just use existing translation and fallback to english text in case a tag isn't translated? Who decides that translation is complete? What if the person/team in charge of community translation isn't available right after a patch/hotfix release and you add just one more tag, does this mean that translation is incomplete and those who use it need to just wait until it's translated and pushed to your server?

Personally I don't need translation to play the game, but I'm really worried about other people's experience.
I completely agree with you, I have just bought the game and I'm Italian. I had a bad surprise this morning when I realized I can not play the game in my language. It's a really bad choice for programmers.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:08 AM
Supporter

Why are the crabs not fixed? They are literally stronger than the last boss of the expansion.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlDukez View Post
I completely agree with you, I have just bought the game and I'm Italian. I had a bad surprise this morning when I realized I can not play the game in my language. It's a really bad choice for programmers.
Out of curiosity, why is it important for people to play in their own language if you also understand English?
Closed Thread

Tags
itemization