Old 08-07-2017, 12:21 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgardian View Post
You could've just asked, you know Do you still have the pre-AE version? Because both the Fanpatch and my patchfix aren't needed anymore for the AE!
I have both versions. My old characters I will keep playing in the old version and new characters in AE. Since they made balance changes, including changes that break one of my older builds, I wont mix older characters with the Anniversary Edition.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:33 AM
Praetorian

Croc are you able to run both versions and which AE version do you have? I tried to run both when I got the GOG AE, but it just didn't want to know. It was really annoying because I had a lot of toons in TQIT LoC challenges that I had to start again as they weren't compatible in the AE version.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Speaker

I see. Do you have two separate copies of the save game folder then?
-------
~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
- Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett
Old 08-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Praetorian

Malgardian, they should be accessing the same save file. At least that's what my two copies of GD do. Would having the Steam AE version set for cloud save make a difference since the TQIT disc copy would be a local save?
Old 08-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Supporter

medea, I have Titan Quest, Titan Quest Immortal Throne and Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for Steam (I don't have Titan Quest Gold).

It works fine because the installation directories for IT and AE are different. IT is at version 1.17 and AE at v1.44. I just tried the same character on both and it works.

One thing you should consider, though. The save files and mods folder for both games is the same: "Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne", so all mods and characters will show for both games, but some IT mods may not be compatible with the AE version. Xmax works fine, but maybe League of Champions don’t (there is a version of LoC for AE on kirmiziperfect and steam workshop).
Old 08-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Praetorian

Yeah, LoC wasn't at the time I got the AE version (Bumbleguppy's now corrected that with his AE version of the mod), but having the disc version installed meant GOG's just got stuck trying to open the game and never went anywhere.

I think I had around a dozen or more toons in LoC at the time. I actually delayed deleting the disc version for a little while because I had a very high level Avenger in the mod and I wanted to finish Legendary with him.

Both might work for me now possibly, but ordinary game toons transfer okay and I restarted all my LoC ones so not much point in trying to put the disc version back on at the moment.

And the Anniversary Edition is Gold effectively as it has both Titan Quest and Immortal Throne. Nordic used the Titan Quest character screen, that's all.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Speaker

Ah, I see. Yeah, as long as old TQ-Chars only get loaded by the old TQ and AE characters only in the AE, there shouldn't be any problems with them sharing a save folder location, I think.
-------
~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
- Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett

Tags
titan quest