Old 03-27-2017, 10:24 PM
Champion

While I understand where you are coming from, I think the player should have the freedom to put any skill on their LMB and see if the "severe impact" is that bad. After all, Shadow Strike makes a mess too: you want to walk somewhere and it teleports you instead because you hovered over an enemy, Blade Trap stops your movement completely, etc...

Just like ABB happens automatically and lets you hit with the default attack while it's on cooldown, here are off the top of my head some melee builds that could benefit from having any skill bound to LMB: cold/frostburn TSS spellbreaker, vitality/chaos Sigil of Consumption Witch-Hunter, cold "runic trap thingy" Inquisitor+Nightblade, lightning "Storm Box" Inquisitor+Shaman.

I think a simple way to solve this issue would be a global option, just like "move to breaks objects". You could have all skills usable on LMB with the options "skills on cooldown use default attack instead" ☑ and "targets not in range make your character move towards them" ☑.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
While I understand where you are coming from, I think the player should have the freedom to put any skill on their LMB and see if the "severe impact" is that bad. After all, Shadow Strike makes a mess too: you want to walk somewhere and it teleports you instead because you hovered over an enemy, Blade Trap stops your movement completely, etc...
The difference is that those skills require a target to activate. Sky Shard does not. If it was able to be bound to lmb, it creates a problem where is would be cast every time it goes off cooldown while you are moving. Fixing that requires more work and as much as I can gather from Zantai's reponses on the subject, it isn't worth it for them.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Initiate

Frankly I'd love to see these "move to target" skills changed to "move to X/Y | if(enemy){ beat the $#%@ out of it };" to allow for more freedom of movement since +%run speed is mostly nonexistent on most gear (and pointlessly low on comps).

Speed mobs pushing their hitboxes ahead of where their viewmodel is so they can force body-block and create "a challenge" is beyond annoying, and running through the game 3 times per character is tedious. Travelers set isn't even end-game/past Normal worthy...
Old 03-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxDark View Post
Frankly I'd love to see these "move to target" skills changed to "move to X/Y | if(enemy){ beat the $#%@ out of it };" to allow for more freedom of movement since +%run speed is mostly nonexistent on most gear (and pointlessly low on comps).

Speed mobs pushing their hitboxes ahead of where their viewmodel is so they can force body-block and create "a challenge" is beyond annoying, and running through the game 3 times per character is tedious. Travelers set isn't even end-game/past Normal worthy...
Really? See, I keep wondering why games keep adding a move speed stat, when they could just balance everything around a single, consistent move speed and not have the extra stat....Especially since it causes a weird, warped focus on things specifically because they have that stat. You don't actually NEED to move faster, after all. Melee can be played just fine without any movement skill, and without any extra movement speed. But because they both exist, people believe the opposite, that melee is terrible without both.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 PM
Campaigner

I was under the impression that movespeed was particularly important for shooters and casters, especially ones that kite. Most melees have some kind of gap closer that they can also abuse to zip every which way, anyway.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:18 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
I was under the impression that movespeed was particularly important for shooters and casters, especially ones that kite. Most melees have some kind of gap closer that they can also abuse to zip every which way, anyway.
Why? Casters often have either CC, or enough damage to massacre trash, leaving them only kiting one or two heroes, or a boss. Ranged characters are much the same. Move Speed doesn't help with bosses and heroes, because they either move slow enough that regular speed is enough, or fast enough that your boosted move speed is rarely enough. And Melee gap closers only go to an enemy, so they're only useful when adds/trash are around, and to get from trash pack to trash pack faster, which you don't actually NEED. It's no help with most bosses, and even if the boss does have adds out, there's no certainty that they'll be in a better position to jump to.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:30 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
The difference is that those skills require a target to activate. Sky Shard does not. If it was able to be bound to lmb, it creates a problem where is would be cast every time it goes off cooldown while you are moving. Fixing that requires more work and as much as I can gather from Zantai's reponses on the subject, it isn't worth it for them.
Fair enough.

There are a few skills that could be added without issue then, like Bloody Pox.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:31 AM
Initiate

Take your time for that expansion!

I still have a lot to do in the game now

Tags
grim misadventure, itemization, skills