#291  
Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM
KoalaeiO's Avatar
KoalaeiO KoalaeiO is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,243
Default

Alright, thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Luckmann's Avatar
Luckmann Luckmann is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 128
Default

A quick question, and apologies if it's already been answered during the course of the now 30-page thread, but would crossbows and rifles, both being ranged two-handed weapons, be considered as being in "the same animation category"?
__________________
"To be modern only means to fill new forms with eternal truths."
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 03-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Grim Dawg's Avatar
Grim Dawg Grim Dawg is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Holland
Posts: 65
Default

Jeej illusions. Now I don't have to update my mod. Because I wasn't going to.

With all these updates I think I'll have another go at the game, if I can find the time.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 04-24-2017, 11:47 PM
100Scraps's Avatar
100Scraps 100Scraps is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 52
Default

will there be a 'vanish dye' option, as in making a slot invisible?
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 04-29-2017, 03:12 PM
KoalaeiO's Avatar
KoalaeiO KoalaeiO is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,243
Default

I assume the item collection will be updated every time we pick up a new item. Does it also count items already stored in the stash or we have to move them around a bit when playing the expansion for the first time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Scraps View Post
will there be a 'vanish dye' option, as in making a slot invisible?
That would be neat at least for the head.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 04-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Nine's Avatar
Nine Nine is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
I assume the item collection will be updated every time we pick up a new item. Does it also count items already stored in the stash or we have to move them around a bit when playing the expansion for the first time?
/10char/10char
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Using proprietary Illusionist mind-meld technology, any item you discover will automatically have its appearance stored. In fact, the first time you launch the expansion, every item you have in your inventory and stash will be automatically added to start your collection.
__________________
twitch.tv/ninetrix
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 05-03-2017, 11:02 PM
steveg steveg is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 67
Default

Not really excited for this, but if it's features like this that make an indie game appeal to a larger audience, I'm for it. I'd like Crate to be very successful.

I'm not a fan of 'easy button' mechanics or giving gamers everything they want. To me, balancing aesthetics, and not just stats, is another aspect of mixing and matching gear. Sometimes your character is just gonna look ugly. I think that's one of the charms of ARPGs. But that's just me.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 05-03-2017, 11:38 PM
mamba's Avatar
mamba mamba is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg View Post
I'm not a fan of 'easy button' mechanics or giving gamers everything they want. To me, balancing aesthetics, and not just stats, is another aspect of mixing and matching gear. Sometimes your character is just gonna look ugly.
I do not see this as easy button at all. I will always wear what is best for me regardless of looks and so will most others.

Some will not care about the looks of that, others will. This feature is for the latter group.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 05-04-2017, 04:38 PM
lacslyer lacslyer is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg View Post
Not really excited for this, but if it's features like this that make an indie game appeal to a larger audience, I'm for it. I'd like Crate to be very successful.

I'm not a fan of 'easy button' mechanics or giving gamers everything they want. To me, balancing aesthetics, and not just stats, is another aspect of mixing and matching gear. Sometimes your character is just gonna look ugly. I think that's one of the charms of ARPGs. But that's just me.
I'm confused as to how in any way this is easy button mechanics. More and more games are allowing players to customize their character in various ways and this is just another aspect of that. More options for players is not a bad thing, especially something that's purely aesthetic.

To complain about this is beyond ridiculous when you can completely ignore it being implemented if you want.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 05-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Witchblade of Legend Witchblade of Legend is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Somewhere in the Forbidden Forest (I have a nice setup too.)
Posts: 62
Default

Don't know if this has been said or not, but you can already "take away" the Illusion
"I'm tired of these Illusions."
Pretty great.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grim misadventure, itemization, npcs
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2017 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.