Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Praetorian

Alright, thank you!
Old 03-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Supporter

A quick question, and apologies if it's already been answered during the course of the now 30-page thread, but would crossbows and rifles, both being ranged two-handed weapons, be considered as being in "the same animation category"?
Old 03-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Speaker

Jeej illusions. Now I don't have to update my mod. Because I wasn't going to.

With all these updates I think I'll have another go at the game, if I can find the time.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:47 PM
Speaker

will there be a 'vanish dye' option, as in making a slot invisible?
Old 04-29-2017, 03:12 PM
Praetorian

I assume the item collection will be updated every time we pick up a new item. Does it also count items already stored in the stash or we have to move them around a bit when playing the expansion for the first time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Scraps View Post
will there be a 'vanish dye' option, as in making a slot invisible?
That would be neat at least for the head.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
I assume the item collection will be updated every time we pick up a new item. Does it also count items already stored in the stash or we have to move them around a bit when playing the expansion for the first time?
/10char/10char
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Using proprietary Illusionist mind-meld technology, any item you discover will automatically have its appearance stored. In fact, the first time you launch the expansion, every item you have in your inventory and stash will be automatically added to start your collection.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Speaker

Not really excited for this, but if it's features like this that make an indie game appeal to a larger audience, I'm for it. I'd like Crate to be very successful.

I'm not a fan of 'easy button' mechanics or giving gamers everything they want. To me, balancing aesthetics, and not just stats, is another aspect of mixing and matching gear. Sometimes your character is just gonna look ugly. I think that's one of the charms of ARPGs. But that's just me.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg View Post
I'm not a fan of 'easy button' mechanics or giving gamers everything they want. To me, balancing aesthetics, and not just stats, is another aspect of mixing and matching gear. Sometimes your character is just gonna look ugly.
I do not see this as easy button at all. I will always wear what is best for me regardless of looks and so will most others.

Some will not care about the looks of that, others will. This feature is for the latter group.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg View Post
Not really excited for this, but if it's features like this that make an indie game appeal to a larger audience, I'm for it. I'd like Crate to be very successful.

I'm not a fan of 'easy button' mechanics or giving gamers everything they want. To me, balancing aesthetics, and not just stats, is another aspect of mixing and matching gear. Sometimes your character is just gonna look ugly. I think that's one of the charms of ARPGs. But that's just me.
I'm confused as to how in any way this is easy button mechanics. More and more games are allowing players to customize their character in various ways and this is just another aspect of that. More options for players is not a bad thing, especially something that's purely aesthetic.

To complain about this is beyond ridiculous when you can completely ignore it being implemented if you want.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Speaker

Location: Somewhere in the Forbidden Forest (I have a nice setup too.)

Don't know if this has been said or not, but you can already "take away" the Illusion
"I'm tired of these Illusions."
Pretty great.

Tags
grim misadventure, itemization, npcs