Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 08-14-2018, 06:14 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetman View Post
Nice gun!! I am using a 55 level green Warped Ugembog Sparkthrower of Alacrity. Once I respec I will use your guide to show my whole build. How did you do that link just your exact gun? hmm I just realized I put the wrong Sparkthrower in the last build - should be level 55 not 40 - that explains the lower damage on the build.
I just took screenshot from game and uploaded to imgur :P
Old 08-14-2018, 10:00 PM
Initiate

ok I am losing it - ready to respect but decided I better make sure my exact points in skill masteries =I counted 188 on my character currently = Demo ( 70 skill and 32 master) plus shaman (53 skill and 33 master). If the build calc starts at 244 - then that means I should have only 56 left on the skill point counter. NOT 75 like I have been doing in my trial builds. That would make a big difference. Does this make sense to you that I have 188 skill points in my level 60 Elementalist? or am I going blind and dumb?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Counsel

Quote:
ok I am losing it - ready to respect but decided I better make sure my exact points in skill masteries =I counted 188 on my character currently = Demo ( 70 skill and 32 master) plus shaman (53 skill and 33 master). If the build calc starts at 244 - then that means I should have only 56 left on the skill point counter. NOT 75 like I have been doing in my trial builds. That would make a big difference. Does this make sense to you that I have 188 skill points in my level 60 Elementalist? or am I going blind and dumb?
You just remove the skill points that you wanna change at the spirit guide, there is no potion or so that can remove all of them.

there are quests that gives skill points, these are accounted for in grimtools

3 skill points per level up to lv50, then 2 skill points per level up from 51-90 and 1 skill point per level up from 91-100.

so 2-50 = 49*3 = 147
51-60 = 10*2 = 20
you should have 167 skill points

Kasparavos experiments gives 1 skill point per difficulty, so you have done that quest 2 times? = 169 skill points.

Are you sure you have not done a misstake in calculating your skill points? You have some items that gives +to skills
Old 08-14-2018, 10:48 PM
Initiate

Well- frankly - I don't remember what quests I did =2- 3 years ago. Yes I do have a Amulet "Warmaster pride" that I am wearing that does say +1 to all Demo skills. SO that must be it since my skills are all over the place. OK - NOT loosing it - starting to think I cannot count any more. LOL.

I am pretty sure the 2 Expansion potions do indeed allow you to full respec all skill points, all devotion points, and all attribute points. You just cant change the mastery categories you have.

What do you think of using the devotion Wraith instead of Empty Throne. Only reason is the Lightning damage.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:54 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Well- frankly - I don't remember what quests I did =2- 3 years ago. Yes I do have a Amulet "Warmaster pride" that I am wearing that does say +1 to all Demo skills. SO that must be it since my skills are all over the place. OK - NOT loosing it - starting to think I cannot count any more. LOL.

I am pretty sure the 2 Expansion potions do indeed allow you to full respec all skill points, all devotion points, and all attribute points. You just cant change the mastery categories you have.

What do you think of using the devotion Wraith instead of Empty Throne. Only reason is the Lightning damage.
No there is only one potion that can respec attribute, and another one that respecs devotion points in the AoM expansion.

Empty throne is good mostly for its reduce stun, there are augments later on that can give this property. You want to have this pretty high since if you are stunned, you can't run or attack.

Do this, follow my guide on how to upload char to GrimTools https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ea...T4bZ2pQrnBemD3
Then you select one mastery tab and press Ctrl+Shit, then you see the hard points you have invested. Then you can calculate how many skill points you have invested.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Initiate

ok There is something messing with my internet or grim forums, or something. Your link errors, the build guide is acting weird again, etc. _ am going to reboot my PC as my win10 made me reset the update garbage earlier today so that could be it as well.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:07 AM
Initiate

ok here is my current character- you guys will all fall on your faces - now be nice.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZydwArV

YES 167 SKILL POINTS SPENT!!

OK so apparently I still misunderstood about what those respec potions do. SO, they can redo the attribute and devotions points only? So I will have to use the spirit guide lady to respect the skill points - that may be expensive and beyond my characters abilities. Well see.

so I would need to respec 44 points in Demolitionist and about 15 in Shaman to get close to the last build in the calc we did.

OK- from what I can find the repect from Spirit guide on skill points starts at 25 iron bits for the first 20 points EACH, then goes up. I need about 50 points changed. So for the first 20 points at 25 bits each= 500 iron bits. Then the next 20 its goes up to ?? and the next 20 cost go to ?? Since I currently have over 250,000 iron bits this should not be a problem for some time. Yeah! I was afraid we did all this work just to find out I cant even afford the respec point changes.

ADD ON- OK I redid my devotions via purchase and saved the potion. Respec skills. I used the potion for respec Attributes and I screwed up- I thought I had read the max anything needed on spirit was 326 - so I did not put more points in spirit past that - then ( after I was finished) I realized the Eastern Robes I was already wearing required more than that 326 spirit. So Crapola! I did figure it out - the thing I read was for best jewellery needs 326 spirit. so ya... lost my best chest armour for a bit. But no question the character is definitely stronger now in both offence and defence.

Last edited by facetman; 08-15-2018 at 08:15 AM.