Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 08-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Acolyte

Default Please create a pure class pet-necromancer or a "Ghost Shaman" set

Many of the greatest and beloved sets, next to being powerful and fun to play, fulfill a certain trope. Some examples are:
-the fallen Inquisitor-> Radaggan's Folly
-the Death Knight/Revenant->the Blood Knight
-the fiery Paladin->Justicar Guard
-the Battlemage-> Iskandras Unification

Before Ashes of Malmouth, there was a really high demand for the necromancer class. A good part of this demand probably came from people, who enjoy commanding undead armies.
The Necromancer turned out absolutely perfect, the legendary set for the class imho not so much. While its' looks are godly, I was somewhat disappointed when I saw the Uroboruuk's Guise set. A set for a class that can summon 3 pets and in addition has 3 pet-supporting skills, that belonged to the most powerful summoner of the dead, isn't supporting well...your undead army. So what's missing right now is a set that makes you feel like a powerful necromancer, without shoehorning you to Ravens, Hellhounds, Briarthorns or Manticors.

I really hope Crate adds another set, that supports the pets of the necromancer and has much needed the +2 to all skills in Necromancer. Something like a legendary version of the "Desecrator Covenant" for the Necromancer, would be fantastic.

Alternatively, since there is no legendary set for the Pet-Ritualist, create a "Ghost Shaman"-Set. Support things like Skeletons, Reap Spirit, Bone Harvest Wendigo Totem, convert the damage of Briathorn or Primal Spirit to vitality and change its appearance to ghostly translucent. Good lord I probably wouldn't be able to handle all the epicness and flavor, or die in front of my computer whilst farming for it^^

Last edited by Severus; 08-12-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Champion

How would you define the lost souls set, or the beastcaller's set then?

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 08-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
How would you define the lost souls set, or the beastcaller's set then?
Beastcaller is really strong but tailor-made for the Conjurer. Flavor wise I would probably prefer points to Raven instead of Hellhound. But all in all an amazing set.

I really dislike Sheperd of Lost Souls. Imho it sucks gameplay and flavorwise.
Gameplay wise most of your desperately needed +to all skills come from your weapon, amulet and head slot, and Shepherd of Lost Souls blocks them without giving you any. Instead it gives you mediocre boni and shoehorns you into using Hellhound.
Flavor wise it's an absolute failure...it's called "Sheppard of Lost Souls", but focuses on spamming/blowing up Hellhounds and somewhat Skeletons.
Gameplay and flavor wise, the set would be really great if it got the boni to Reap Spirit from the Diviner's Vision (Diviner's Vision could then focus maybe on Aether Ray and Devastation), instead of the awkward and forced Hellhound stuff.

Last edited by Severus; 08-12-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Praetorian

Yeah Shepherd of Lost Souls is pretty much intended as the summoner necro set. Too bad it tries to be too much of everything so Conduit + Spectral Crown + Necrolord Shroud do a better job for the skeleton necro. IIRC Bright Friend builds also use different items.

EDIT:
Quote:
(Diviner's Vision could then focus maybe on Aether Ray and Devastation)
You'd laugh, but initially it was exactly this - an aethercold AAR/Devastation/Reap Spirit set. But people complained that it's badly designed and it became an another aethervitality set.

Last edited by Stupid Dragon; 08-12-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
You'd laugh, but initially it was exactly this - an aethercold AAR/Devastation/Reap Spirit set. But people complained that it's badly designed and it became an another aethervitality set.
Really? Hmm I guess it's probably awkward to use Reap Spirit and AAR together and Spellbinders have no RR for cold.
The builds that use Diviners so far seem mostly just ignore the pet stuff all together and go for it because of the conversion and RR. So why not make the AAR lovers really happy and give those mistreated folks a good set. AAR Spellbinder seems like really a good way to go. Then move the Reap Spirit boni from Diviners to Shepherd and you have two amazing sets.

Last edited by Severus; 08-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.