#1  
Old 03-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Laert Laert is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Default Need some help

Hey guys. Started plaing dw couple days ago and faced problem, which i have in lots of games. Cant choose class><
Can someone give me advise with class? I usually starting with two chars at the same time. One melee and one ranged(or caster). And i love dualwield.
Any advises for easy start and interesting gameplay at the endgame?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-10-2018, 07:34 PM
medea fleecestealer medea fleecestealer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,933
Default

Well Nightblade is the melee dual wield and Inquisitor ranged. So you could look at builds with those two and see what may interest you.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68138

Here's a beginner's Tactician (Inquisitor/Soldier)

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showt...light=beginner

Last edited by medea fleecestealer; 03-10-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2018, 08:23 PM
Laert Laert is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Default

ill try, thanks
Tried forum search and cant find beginners friendly dw builds. Is it hard to lvl or gear?

Last edited by Laert; 03-10-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Laert Laert is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Default

And one more question. I saw a lot of dw builds here and no one uses nightblades passives for dw. Are they so bad?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2018, 11:13 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 863
Default

There are a lot of DW Builds in Previous Compendium :

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48979
Scroll down lower for level 85 one
Later check this or this for AoM

You can also check here for more DW Builds :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48165
Just search with keyword "dw"

Once you get the gears, you can try this one too :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64712

Nightblade WPS is awesome, especially the last one (Execution)
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2018, 11:20 PM
Xervous Xervous is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laert View Post
And one more question. I saw a lot of dw builds here and no one uses nightblades passives for dw. Are they so bad?
Not all the nightblade WPS are created equal. Additionally, if you are using certain things for your primary skill (Cadence, Shadow Strike) you get severely reduced benefits from your WPS.

Execution is always amazing and you'll see it on SS and DW cadence builds

Belgothian shears is respectable, you'll see it on builds that don't use SS or cadence

Quick Cut is debatable. It asks for a lot of points and doesn't get exceptional returns even with that. But if you're doing an acid/poison build it's another way to apply NHH

Whirling death is bleed build bait, the end.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Laert Laert is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ Tz View Post
There are a lot of DW Builds in Previous Compendium :

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48979
Scroll down lower for level 85 one
Later check this or this for AoM

You can also check here for more DW Builds :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48165
Just search with keyword "dw"

Once you get the gears, you can try this one too :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64712

Nightblade WPS is awesome, especially the last one (Execution)
Thx for help. Last question. Should i start trickster or infiltrator?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2018, 11:40 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laert View Post
Thx for help. Last question. Should i start trickster or infiltrator?
Trickster can become a Pierce, Bleed, Lightning, or Vitality Builds in End / Later Game
Infiltrator could be a Pierce, Cold, or Elemental Builds later

Infiltrator also can be turned into Range Builds

It depends on you (and your gear)

If you want try almost 1 Million Crits like Rhylthar's one, you should take Trickster :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64034 (Check it's Crit Damage on the first Image)
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2018, 12:27 AM
Worblehat Worblehat is online now
Speaker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xervous View Post
Not all the nightblade WPS are created equal. Additionally, if you are using certain things for your primary skill (Cadence, Shadow Strike) you get severely reduced benefits from your WPS.

Execution is always amazing and you'll see it on SS and DW cadence builds

Belgothian shears is respectable, you'll see it on builds that don't use SS or cadence

Quick Cut is debatable. It asks for a lot of points and doesn't get exceptional returns even with that. But if you're doing an acid/poison build it's another way to apply NHH

Whirling death is bleed build bait, the end.
Thanks for the info. What's the conflict between Cadence and the Nightblade WPS skills? I had noticed that few builds did both, and don't understand why. The one I've found that does is Weyu's Cold Blademaster - have subsequent game updates caused that to not work anymore? I thought the main point of anything that "activates off of default weapon attacks" was to work with Cadence, Savagery, or Fire Strike.

I had thought that Whirling Death was mostly a way to get more AOE for a mastery with relatively little of it...

Looks like there's good reason Nightblade is the mastery I've done the least with so far!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2018, 01:09 AM
Laert Laert is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ Tz View Post
Trickster can become a Pierce, Bleed, Lightning, or Vitality Builds in End / Later Game
Infiltrator could be a Pierce, Cold, or Elemental Builds later

Infiltrator also can be turned into Range Builds

It depends on you (and your gear)

If you want try almost 1 Million Crits like Rhylthar's one, you should take Trickster :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64034 (Check it's Crit Damage on the first Image)
Thx for help=) going to try
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin 3.8.4 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.