Old 02-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Counsel

Default Gamma Settings Don't Stick

I keep the gamma slider adjusted fairly low, but every time I run the game the gamma is returned to its (very bright) default.

However the gamma slider will still be in the place I left it, and will not function at all. Moving it does nothing.

I have to toggle Post-Processing off and on again to get the gamma slider to begin responding again.

Whenever I exit the game, I can see the gamma return to its original brightness a split second before the game closes.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

I play on Steam, latest patch, verified game files on a fresh installation.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Praetorian

Have you run Repair.exe from the game installation folder?

Edit... Also if Repair.exe doesn't work, try to move your my games\grim dawn folder (as it's not touched by verify files or reinstalling) out of the my games folder so that Grim Dawn creates a complete new set of folders/files, if that works then move your saves and data back in.

Edit 2... Are you using steam cloud saving, if so please check that you have full read/write permissions on the my games\grim dawn folder, not just the read only tick box but the full permissions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Properties.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	20715  

Last edited by Jaknet; 02-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:45 AM
Counsel

Thanks for the response. I ran the repair.exe. It said it ran successfully. Files were verified and settings reset.

Saves are stored locally, not on Steam cloud. I have Full Control permissions on all files and folders on my computer.

I removed my save and settings folders to test. Same behavior with the gamma resetting on game exit and slider not working on restarting game.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flix View Post
Saves are stored locally, not on Steam cloud. I have Full Control permissions on all files and folders on my computer.
Is the game .exe being run as admin as well?