Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 06-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Use whatever fit - Mythical Vanguard Star, Mark of Fierce Resolve. You get the idea right? Defensive stats are what you need to look for since Belgo is inherently weaker for S&B playstyle
Yup.
Don´t think I´ll stick with it, since you get +5% OA w/out the Slicer, but gonna give her a spin.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Counsel

I'm back from my unwilling hiatus

-But-

Unfortunately, this is one of the builds that really, really aggravates my wrist/shoulder. I am going to try some different hotkeying to get around it, but for now this one is shelved. I.e., no more playthroughs. Sorry!

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”
― Roger Zelazny

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Old 06-17-2018, 01:56 AM
Initiate

I'm using the tactician build to try to farm gear from the aspirant crucible. I can clear up to 150 pretty successfully, after that my chances go down dramatically, so I've been mostly doing 100 -> 150, 130 -> 150, 130 -> 150. I'm rather slow killing the enemies though. My collection of armor is pretty sporadic so I don't have any of the recommended sets. I figured a better weapon or more damage might help me out with speed/success rates and would probably be easier to come across then filling out a set.

Can you recommend whether I should try farming for a better slicer or just wait until the Mythical Reaver's Claw eventually drops? Your original post mentions that the next upgrade after the slicer is the claw. Is that still the case?

Any suggestions on a different load out for skills based on my available gear? Or anything else that might help me out? Thanks!

My current setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7MdBbN

My slicer's stats are:
26 piercing damage
+201% pierce damage
11% ADCtH
Old 06-19-2018, 03:42 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
I'm using the tactician build to try to farm gear from the aspirant crucible. I can clear up to 150 pretty successfully, after that my chances go down dramatically, so I've been mostly doing 100 -> 150, 130 -> 150, 130 -> 150. I'm rather slow killing the enemies though. My collection of armor is pretty sporadic so I don't have any of the recommended sets. I figured a better weapon or more damage might help me out with speed/success rates and would probably be easier to come across then filling out a set.

Can you recommend whether I should try farming for a better slicer or just wait until the Mythical Reaver's Claw eventually drops? Your original post mentions that the next upgrade after the slicer is the claw. Is that still the case?

Any suggestions on a different load out for skills based on my available gear? Or anything else that might help me out? Thanks!

My current setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7MdBbN

My slicer's stats are:
26 piercing damage
+201% pierce damage
11% ADCtH
> Better slicer is definitely possible but I won't recommend actively searching for it by going out of your way. Stick to Bastion of Chaos for now to get more legendaries and epics, you could use some upgrade in the gear department afterall

> What's your standing with factions?

> Also Crucible wise going beyond 150 with your setup is inefficient, if you're still adamant at clearing it then the your gearing would be shredded like paper w/o 3 buffs (all buffs minus Ulzuin's Pact) would be suicide. Plus the cost of all those buffs would be insane. I'd recommend putting crucible on hold for now and farm gear in main campaign.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 06-19-2018, 07:52 PM
Initiate

Quote:
> Better slicer is definitely possible but I won't recommend actively searching for it by going out of your way. Stick to Bastion of Chaos for now to get more legendaries and epics, you could use some upgrade in the gear department afterall

> What's your standing with factions?

> Also Crucible wise going beyond 150 with your setup is inefficient, if you're still adamant at clearing it then the your gearing would be shredded like paper w/o 3 buffs (all buffs minus Ulzuin's Pact) would be suicide. Plus the cost of all those buffs would be insane. I'd recommend putting crucible on hold for now and farm gear in main campaign.
Thank you for the tips. I have revered faction with all of the groups and nemesis with all but aetherials and undead. As you mentioned, the crucible is more of a chore than an option right now. My farm route has been twin falls to kill all of the bees and then jump into the mountain deeps for the treasure trove. I'll switch it up and work on the BoC, going all the way through it.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:58 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Thank you for the tips. I have revered faction with all of the groups and nemesis with all but aetherials and undead. As you mentioned, the crucible is more of a chore than an option right now. My farm route has been twin falls to kill all of the bees and then jump into the mountain deeps for the treasure trove. I'll switch it up and work on the BoC, going all the way through it.
Nah those aren't too reliable for drops in my experience

I'll recommend my regular farm spots

> Bastion of Chaos
> Forsaken Wastes/Obsidian Throne
> Royal Hive
> Steps of Torment (mostly to counter ectoplasm shortage)

The pre-AoM areas are easy and therefore much more manageable.

AoM's best farm spots imo

> Den of the Ancient (one "easy" boss)
> Ancient Grove (be careful of Gargabol during his second phase)

Final tip, try to remember to open random chests. I usually end up getting 2-3 legendary per session this way.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 06-19-2018, 08:03 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Nah those aren't too reliable for drops in my experience

I'll recommend my regular farm spots

> Bastion of Chaos
> Forsaken Wastes/Obsidian Throne
> Royal Hive
> Steps of Torment (mostly to counter ectoplasm shortage)

The pre-AoM areas are easy and therefore much more manageable.

AoM's best farm spots imo

> Den of the Ancient (one "easy" boss)
> Ancient Grove (be careful of Gargabol during his second phase)

Final tip, try to remember to open random chests. I usually end up getting 2-3 legendary per session this way.
Thanks for the list of farming spots, that'll keep it a little more fresh. Thanks again for the help!
Old 06-19-2018, 08:29 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Thanks for the list of farming spots, that'll keep it a little more fresh. Thanks again for the help!
Any time

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
blademaster, cadence, pierce, shield, tactician