Old 06-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBandit View Post
I will give it another try when I get home this evening. Do I open steam, run the program, and then run Grim Dawn?
Hi!
There's no requirement to run Grim Dawn while you use the program as it uses Grim Dawn's savefiles, not realtime data. :-)

But yes, simply:
1. Open Steam and log on (assuming Grim Dawn is installed on Steam)
2. Run the program, go to the Settings tab, and click "Detect settings from running Steam process". Then answer "Yes" when asked to load all items and characters. (PS: This is fairly slow as it extracts all the GD data files! But eventually it will complete. On my machine it takes about 2 minutes)
3. Then go nuts and search Steps #1 and #2 is a one-time thing (although I recommend redoing it after patches due to item changes)

Do let me know how it goes, and please give me some details on the issues you may encounter!
Old 06-21-2018, 06:38 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoastx View Post
Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to create a few days ago, but now I don't have to anymore
One suggestion though: include which crafting bonus an item has (if it has one).
Edit: also, searching for duplicates across ALL characters instead of just one character would be nice.
Edit 2: I noticed that the search tool displays the level of the base item when it comes to MIs, when in game, they might differ (e.g. game says you have a level 94 solael pants, but the search tool says it's 84). Maybe add an option to just show the level it shows in game?
Also how about increasing the 50 results limit (along with a button to only start searching when you finished typing your word)?
Sorry for all the requests, this is still the best tool ever in my opinion.
Edit 3: I currently have a lot of blazehearts and mythical stormhearts, but the search tool does not detect them (it does detect the regular stormheart).
Thanks a lot for the feedback on this! :-)

1. Good suggestion - I've noted it down. Stats are one weakness though in the current version - I have only included a small subset of the stats currently (mainly damage).
2. (edit #1) Duplicates across all characters - Can I ask about the use case for this?
To give some insight into how I intended the duplicate search to be used - you're currently playing one character and want to clean up your inventory. You search for what items are duplicates, so you can easily sell off the stuff you already have, before wasting transfer stash space.
3. (edit #2) I guess the level issue is related to affixes...? If so - got an issue for it https://github.com/hallgeirl/gd-item-search/issues/10
And I agree on the search limit - I had to limit it due to performance though. But I'm sure there are better ways of solving this.. It'll be an interesting problem to solve and I'll put it on my todo! https://github.com/hallgeirl/gd-item-search/issues/12
4. (edit #3) Hm, that's odd! What do you search for? I unfortunately don't have a mythical Stormheart. Would you be willing to send me your savefile so I can debug this? If so, please register an issue on Github and simply attach the file. :-)

Again, thanks a lot for the valuable feedback! I have a lot of improvements to work on in the upcoming summer vacation

Last edited by hal9001; 06-21-2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Acolyte

Edit:
After playing with this tool for a few more days, I'm perfectly fine with the way it is. I even like the how the level of greens is calculated as the level of the base item, rather than the "real" way it's calculated. The only thing it lacks now is that it doesn't display which crafting bonuses are applied to an item. Aside from that, it's perfect!

Last edited by xtoastx; 07-01-2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: New opinion
Old 07-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Acolyte

Not sure what happened, but the tool does detect the mythical stormheart and blazeheart items. However, it does not detect the lokarr set for me. I've tried restarting everything a couple of times (this seemed to fix the stormheart issue) but it didn't help. I've uploaded a character to the github issues page.

Last edited by xtoastx; 07-06-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoastx View Post
Not sure what happened, but the tool does detect the mythical stormheart and blazeheart items. However, it does not detect the lokarr set for me. I've tried restarting everything a couple of times (this seemed to fix the stormheart issue) but it didn't help. I've uploaded a character to the github issues page.
Thanks for the upload - I'll have a look at this shortly!

Edit: This has now been fixed. New version is available on github. Also see the note I made in the issue on how to make this work if you have already loaded all the items with an older version of the tool: https://github.com/hallgeirl/gd-item-search/issues/13

Last edited by hal9001; 07-07-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Initiate

Just a quick heads up to those following this tool and the progress - I've decided to simplify the name to "Grim Search". Sounds less convoluted, cooler, and less to write. I realize it will take a while to get all the way there though... so apologies for any remaining instances of the old name.

Thanks to my friend Thor Stensrud for the suggestion.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:15 PM
Initiate

I'm really liking this tool. I just downloaded it, and it's quite helpful to find my stuff with my mules.
One thing I think would be nice, would be the ability to select multiple items and copy paste them, maybe in a listed/tabbed format? The idea was to look up all my legendaries and easily be able to paste them into a trade channel
Old 10-17-2018, 06:58 AM
Initiate

Is there a way to list all duplicate items without specifying a particular one?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal9001 View Post

(PS: Just to confirm - you are marius00 at github, right?)
That I am!

http://items.dreamcrash.org/ComponentAssembler - Relics
Old 10-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Herald

Now we need a fast way to make mules. Maybe a checkbox 'Mule' when a character is created along with 'Vetaran' and 'Hardcore. Mule characters can't equip any items, have always 0 iron bits but have all stash and inventory tabs unlocked and of course have the access to the Devil's Crossing smuggler granted.