Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Initiate

Default [1.0.4.1] Witchblade ARC - HAMMERTIME Big Numbers/Strong Defence/Loveley AoE - CruGlaReady

Update for 1.0.6.1
this build has not experienced any relevant changes from the patches 1.0.5.0/1.0.5.1/1.0.6.0/1.0.6.1. minor changes are:
- little DA-nerf through runebound topaz and rylok crest (going frim 3985 to 3879)
- a bit more vitality damage (100% conversion to physical) through tip the scales

Salve Guys!
It's HAMMERTIME. If you like big numbers (476k!), aoe-attacks and strong defence .. here is your build.

Buffs: Bloodrage, Fighting Spirit, 2x Battle Cry .. Solale's Witchfire, Field Command, Oleron's Rage, Blood of Dreeg

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyvz6nN

Damage
Take a big bad twohander, max Blade Arc (with Mythical Grasp of Unchained Might) and do 13 in one go with 205% weapon damage. No charging. No waiting for wps-procs. Vitality to physical damage conversion via Mythical Gladiator's Destinction for Solael's Witchfire/Tip the Scales/Kilrian's Flame.
- 3136 Offensive Ability with Fighting Spirit (reduced cooldown through Rylok Crest)
- 38+57+20+8=123% crit damage
- 32 Assassin's Mark + 27 CoF + 34 Break Moral = 93% physical resistance reduction

Defence
3879 defensive ability
4039 armor with Chausses proc and 100% amor absorbtion
8% dodge chance
28% physical resistance
Nature's Guardian devotion proc
Turtle Shell devotion proc
Menhir's Will

Gear
Head, Chest, Shoulder, Amulet: Mythical Bloodrager Set
Hand: Mythical Grasp of Unchained Might
Gridle: Mythical Gladiator's Distinction
Pants: Mythical Chausses of Barbaros
Boots: Ancient/Resonant/Glacial/Renegade's/Thunderstruck/Warding Stoneplate Greaves of Kings
Ring 1: Mythical Ring of the Black Matriarch or same as Ring 2
Ring 2: Incorruptible/Thunderstruck/ of Supremacy/Readiness/Protection
Medal: Stalwart Rylok Crest of Protection/Attack/Readiness
Weapon: Mythical Leviathan
Relic: Doom

Playstyle
Blitz in and Balde Arc. Tougher enemies get War Cry and CoF. Keep Blood of Dreeg up. Play with one hand, normally ("quality of life" by jajaja).
Use Oleron's Might for damage reduction/big hits.
Use Doomforce in big packs as aoe attack or for pushing internal trauma ticks vs single targets.
Use Great Tide for incoming waves.

LMB: Blade Arc
RMB: Blitz
WUP: Battle Cry
WDOWN: Curse of Frailty
M4: Healpod
M5: Blood of Dreeg
1: Oleron's Might
2: Doomforce
3: Great Tide

Video
Crucible Gladiator Run (140-150): https://youtu.be/B6JHiMzguYE
Mad Queen (easy facetankable): https://youtu.be/hvFLjTgO3IM
Grava'Thul (beware of his nullification): https://youtu.be/orM5q8SKAJQ
Kubacabra (take a bath and loot): https://youtu.be/MudaL0tQnI4

Last edited by Poisonman2; 10-09-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:07 PM
Champion

When I saw Blade arc I thought it's bleed and 400k is low for bleed. I was wrong. Nice build.

One question. Why use Blade arc over Cadence if you don't focus on dots? Unless you're tired of using the same skill again and again then I understand

Edit. I just noticed blade arc is not transmuted. It makes sense now as blade arc hits more people compared to cadence. Good job in making this build.

Last edited by x1x1x1x2; 01-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:37 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
When I saw Blade arc I thought it's bleed and 400k is low for bleed. I was wrong. Nice build.

One question. Why use Blade arc over Cadence if you don't focus on dots? Unless you're tired of using the same skill again and again then I understand

Edit. I just noticed blade arc is not transmuted. It makes sense now as blade arc hits more people compared to cadence. Good job in making this build.
Thank you :-)
Damage is mainly physical. Single target damage is a little lower but you get the aoe-effect and 57% crit-damage.

Added a new video (easy hammering the mad queen).
Old 01-28-2018, 09:07 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonman2 View Post
30+32+25=87% physical resistance reduction
Add another 10% from ring.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonman2 View Post
30+32+25=87% physical resistance reduction
It doesn't quite work like that, break Morale is a flat resistance reduction whereas cof, assassins blade and ring of the black matriarch are -%rr
Here's the sheet on how they interact with one another
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zLc/edit#gid=0

Props on the build. It's very refreshing seeing a physical based soldier build that's not cadence or forcewave focused. So good job on that

Last edited by Tora; 01-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Initiate

According to the spread sheet his math on RR is correct. He has two sources from category B (Curse of Frailty and Assassin's Mark) as well as flat reduction from Break Morale which is category A. So adding category A plus sum of category B would be flat 30 reduction from Break Moral, -25% from CoF, -32% from Mark. 30+25+32=87 reduction. And yes, there is another -10% reduction from ring of black matriarch that would also stack additively. At least this is how it should work according to the spread sheet.

Last edited by -bystander-; 01-28-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:58 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
It doesn't quite work like that, break Morale is a flat resistance reduction whereas cof, assassins blade and ring of the black matriarch are -%rr
Here's the sheet on how they interact with one another
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zLc/edit#gid=0

Props on the build. It's very refreshing seeing a physical based soldier build that's not cadence or forcewave focused. So good job on that
Thanks for pointing out the forgotten resistance reduction! I've corrected the mistake. Adding -% reduced resistances and highest value of n reduced resistances is exactly what i've done consistent with your linked spread sheet. Thank you for your refreshing words to the build!

I changed the skillpoint allocation a bit, peak sheet DPS dropped from 199k to 197k but DA rises to 3806 (3695) and Armor to 3523 (3370).
Old 01-28-2018, 11:26 PM
Herald

Since you have 0% CDR it might be better to get Light of Empyrion instead of NG, which only has 30% uptime at best for this build. You could also drop 2 order by doing this.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:18 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bystander- View Post
According to the spread sheet his math on RR is correct. He has two sources from category B (Curse of Frailty and Assassin's Mark) as well as flat reduction from Break Morale which is category A. So adding category A plus sum of category B would be flat 30 reduction from Break Moral, -25% from CoF, -32% from Mark. 30+25+32=87 reduction. And yes, there is another -10% reduction from ring of black matriarch that would also stack additively. At least this is how it should work according to the spread sheet.
Oh you're right. My bad, disregard my stupidity, not sure what i was looking or thinking when i posted
Old 01-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Ascendant

Build gets -10/10 for not using this song in the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Spoiler!

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
witchblade