Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 06-24-2018, 02:51 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCash View Post
Why don't you just go 2-hander trough normal and elite? Use the lvl 35 hammer from the Homeastead shop early, then the Archon or whatever hammer (from the dude that's on fire, Order quest), anything of alacrity will do. Get Twin fangs first and then the entire Kraken constellation, grab a few points in the fire strike line, then max seal and Aura of Censure. Should be a breeze.
Of course you could do something easier at the start but that defeats the purpose of the thread.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Praetorian

A great idea!
I often see new, and a bit older players alike, ask which route to take while leveling a build
Guides like this one may help in understanding the leveling process
I'm going to follow this, who knows, I might even learn something

- Ulgrim
Old 06-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Of course you could do something easier at the start but that defeats the purpose of the thread.
I thought the purpose was to show new players how to build a DW pistols Puri from scratch and beat all of the endgame content with it, in which case showcasing the easiest leveling path would be logical (see post above mine).

If the purpose is to make it a challenge run, then it would make sense to go DW from the start, but then playing SC makes no sense. If you are allowed to die as many times as you want, it does not matter how many restrictions you give yourself, eventually you will finish elite with any build.

Edit: upon second reading of my own post, it seems exceedingly harsh. Nvm me, should still be a fun ride. Brb, gotta wash some sand out of my vagina.

Edit2: the point about Censure+Seal making normal and elite ezpz still stands and doesn't conflict with your desire to go DW guns.

Edit3: Gonna respond here so I don't hijack the thread even more.
Quote:
I did state in the OP that I want to "Play as a DW Firestrike Purifier from the point it is possible until the character can clear 170 gladiator below 10-12 min". Imagine someone opens a "Help levelling my DW Purifier" thread and you say "Storm Box!". Doesn't seem right cause Storm Box isn't a DW purifier skill, at least not normally. That said, I did rush Censure, but only after maxing FS, Flame touched, Bursting round and 7/10 Storm Spread.
Seriously though, the correct answer to "Help leveling my DW Puri" is "forget about guns AT LEAST until you get 2x Flametongues, pick up an Archon hammer and respect to Twin Fang + Kraken", that was the whole point of my post. I don't like Storm box, takes forever to kill bosses. Runes or BWC are decent alternatives if you die too much in melee.

Last edited by GeneralCash; 06-25-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Champion

Consider stormbox for ez lvls.

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 06-24-2018, 10:30 PM
Champion

Quote:
I thought the purpose was to show new players how to build a DW pistols Puri from scratch and beat all of the endgame content with it, in which case showcasing the easiest leveling path would be logical (see post above mine).

If the purpose is to make it a challenge run, then it would make sense to go DW from the start, but then playing SC makes no sense. If you are allowed to die as many times as you want, it does not matter how many restrictions you give yourself, eventually you will finish elite with any build.

Edit: upon second reading of my own post, it seems exceedingly harsh. Nvm me, should still be a fun ride. Brb, gotta wash some sand out of my vagina.

Edit2: the point about Censure+Seal making normal and elite ezpz still stands and doesn't conflict with your desire to go DW guns.
I did state in the OP that I want to "Play as a DW Firestrike Purifier from the point it is possible until the character can clear 170 gladiator below 10-12 min". Imagine someone opens a "Help levelling my DW Purifier" thread and you say "Storm Box!". Doesn't seem right cause Storm Box isn't a DW purifier skill, at least not normally. That said, I did rush Censure, but only after maxing FS, Flame touched, Bursting round and 7/10 Storm Spread.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:36 PM
Champion

Quote:
Seriously though, the correct answer to "Help leveling my DW Puri" is "forget about guns AT LEAST until you get 2x Flametongues, pick up an Archon hammer and respect to Twin Fang + Kraken", that was the whole point of my post. I don't like Storm box, takes forever to kill bosses. Runes or BWC are decent alternatives if you die too much in melee.
That's the most efficient answer. Correct is subjective here. Well, I won't argue anymore since we all have different opinions. I would just say that the most efficient way is not always the right way. Whatever makes you have fun, do it.

Also, updated until Veteran Act 4!
Old 06-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Herald

Nice update!

I just hit Elite with my second char, and thought about doing Hidden Path for the first time. I went to get the Runestone of Dreeg (in Elite) first, but when I went back to same place in Veteran, I could not pick up the Runestone of Dreeg... do they count as same item, so I should continue with the Runestone of Solael and Bysmiel in Veteran first, and then repeat the procedure in Elite?
Old 06-27-2018, 01:31 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
Nice update!

I just hit Elite with my second char, and thought about doing Hidden Path for the first time. I went to get the Runestone of Dreeg (in Elite) first, but when I went back to same place in Veteran, I could not pick up the Runestone of Dreeg... do they count as same item, so I should continue with the Runestone of Solael and Bysmiel in Veteran first, and then repeat the procedure in Elite?
Yes, that's the normal way. I had a trick before that's a bit scumy. Don't know if it will still work in AoM. What you do is to put the runestone of dreeg to your personal stash before killing the guardian again. That way, you can pick the runestone again. Repeat till you have three. Keep one in your inventory and go to solael. Do the same trick and also tobysmiel. Since now you have three of each runestone, you'll be able to go straight to sentinel in elite and ultimate
Old 06-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Herald

Quote:
Yes, that's the normal way. I had a trick before that's a bit scumy. Don't know if it will still work in AoM. What you do is to put the runestone of dreeg to your personal stash before killing the guardian again. That way, you can pick the runestone again. Repeat till you have three. Keep one in your inventory and go to solael. Do the same trick and also tobysmiel. Since now you have three of each runestone, you'll be able to go straight to sentinel in elite and ultimate
Ah cool, thanks alot. It only matters in which difficulty you kill the sentinel? nice
Old 06-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
Ah cool, thanks alot. It only matters in which difficulty you kill the sentinel? nice
There are two parts for the quest. First is collecting the stones, which gives you 1 attribute point. It doesn't matter where you got the stones as long as you get them, you'll have the reward, but can only be claimed once per difficulty so you move to the next to get the points. The second part is killing the sentinel, which provides 1 skill point for each difficulty.

Tags
dual wield pistols, fire strike, purifier