Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 04-23-2018, 11:45 AM
Champion

Quote:
If you pilot DW SS perfectly which is much harder to do when compared to Alkamos Variant then they're equally broken.
Nope, they re not. The margin of errror on 2H breacker allowed HC gladiator nobuffs farming. I never seen anyone that could do the same thing with dw breacker in legit self-found items. Heck, even leveling dw breacker was such a pain >_>
Old 04-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
The margin of errror on 2H breacker allowed HC gladiator nobuffs farming.
That's what I meant by perfect piloting

Quote:
I never seen anyone that could do the same thing with dw breacker in legit self-found items. Heck, even leveling dw breacker was such a pain >_>
This I do agree with.

Btw title is wrong, devs don't hate melee. They hate Pierce *takes cover before Zantai arrives*

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 04-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopiG View Post
Yes there are, and they are quite numerous. Aetheral Imps explode, "Poison" Imps too. There are some strange "Lightning" and aetheral mobs as well. So like 4 new exploding mobs were added to the expansion. I hate them.
Those barely deal any damage compared to Burning Dead and Rotting Emberguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
SS breakers needed the nerf not SS itself. There is a difference in spite of SS being at the core of this one build. Do you see a lot of pierce SS these days
That's just unfortunate casualities of nerfing. SS was the core of SS Spellbreakers and it was the main reason they were so strong. So of course every other SS build is gonna get nerfed by proxy.

Because what if they nerfed Star Pact instead, which is also part of the core (but not the main reason it was so strong)? Then you screw every other build that uses Star Pact. Sometimes you just have to nerf the main skill being used to bring that specific build down.

And again, this seems to be just some people talking about Crucible performance more than anything else. Crucible isn't the center of the fucking world, quit thinking it is when you are talking about skill performance.

Last edited by Norzan; 04-23-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Champion

Quote:
Because what if they nerfed Star Pact instead, which is also part of the core (but not the main reason it was so strong)? Then you screw every other build that uses Star Pact. Sometimes you just have to nerf the main skill being used to bring that specific build down.
We all knew that the only reason of coldbreackers is bloated flat dmg they have on items and devotions that turn they punny daggers intro mighty 3-handed railguns of doom at 520% WD x2 x50% crit dmg.
Same with curent Cobra thingy. Just grab all these juicy flat modifiers everywere and you are doing 60k dmg per savagery hit and 550k per execution crit Does that mean that execution must be nerfed as well? Or Savagery?
Old 04-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
We all knew that the only reason of coldbreackers is bloated flat dmg they have on items and devotions that turn they punny daggers intro mighty 3-handed railguns of doom at 520% WD x2 x50% crit dmg.
Same with curent Cobra thingy. Just grab all these juicy flat modifiers everywere and you are doing 60k dmg per savagery hit and 550k per execution crit Does that mean that execution must be nerfed as well? Or Savagery?
Yes, but then you have really high weapon from Shadow Strike that takes advantage of that. Hence why the weapon damage was lowered.

What if you lowered the flat damage on those items and devotions? Now you screw up other builds that don't use SS but use those flat damage sources. See? It's always a domino when you don't just nerf the main skill.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post

That's just unfortunate casualities of nerfing. SS was the core of SS Spellbreakers and it was the main reason they were so strong.
Actually not quite, they became strong and popular right after they overbuffed elemental awakening, Star pact dot and go 30% conversion from rings and all the goodies from theose rings.

So it's no use nerfing a single core skill cause of the above, you twak/nerf other things that are adjacent to the breaker, getting the same nerf result as the SS one, that was just really really much
Old 04-23-2018, 12:06 PM
Champion

Quote:
Yes, but then you have really high weapon from Shadow Strike that takes advantage of that. Hence why the weapon damage was lowered.
Yes, but why they did put 40 Flat cold on devotions and 30 flat cold on rings and 15 on medal, 15 on chest, 15 on hat etc etc. As a result pierce SS was screwed, poison SS screwed, aether SS screwed while cold SS remained more or less the same.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Yes, but why they did put 40 Flat cold on devotions and 30 flat cold on rings and 15 on medal, 15 on chest, 15 on hat etc etc. As a result pierce SS was screwed, poison SS screwed, aether SS screwed while cold SS remained more or less the same.
Because they wanted to support Cold? The devs don't always know how a certain amount of flat damage sources will interact with certain skills. That's why there's a thing called balancing that you can do after you know how exactly they interact.

Shadow Strike seems to have been nerfed based more on Main Campaign performance than Crucible. And in the main campaign it was destroying everything. You can say a lot of skills currently do that, but old SS was doing that but even faster.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Because they wanted to support Cold? The devs don't always know how a certain amount of flat damage sources will interact with certain skills. That's why there's a thing called balancing that you can do after you know how exactly they interact.

Shadow Strike seems to have been nerfed based more on Main Campaign performance than Crucible. And in the main campaign it was destroying everything.
This debate already took place long ago and the arguments brought to the debate were also the same.

Personally i'm not blaming anyone on this. Given the really high buffs they first made to awakening and star pact makes it pretty clear, as you imply, that crate was just trying something new, and suddenly, skills that weren't even maxed before, now were abused, since then they slowly chipped away at SB main skills but the chipping away at SS is disproportionate when you take other builds into consideration, that's really all that was discussed and is now again
Old 04-23-2018, 01:50 PM
Speaker

Well my spec is a simple pierce SS spec. Its pretty shitty. I think Im gonna try something strong (this is just too weak to continue). How is the Albrehcts Aether Ray? I had a simple Aether Ray char back then. I liked it. Or is that nerfed to the oblivion as well?

Tags
shadow strike exploding