Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 04-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Speaker

Unhappy Why was Shadow Strike hardly nerfed? Much more exploding mobs = melee hater devs?

So after like 2 years I came back and deleted all my chars and stash items to do a fresh roll of a new "season" with Ashes of malmouth. I decided to remake my Shadow Strike character as I loved it very much. Unfortunately the numbers seem way off. I dont quite remember the exact numbers but it seems to me from playing that the DMG of Shadow Strike has been nerfed pretty heavily. Just according to the Wiki where I think the old numbers are the new Shadow Strike does not even get close to it even on ultimate level. I am also doing so much worse now, its kinda weak now.

As for the second issue, the new expansion has way too many exploding mobs. They were already pretty shitty to deal with a melee even with max resists, but now with like 4-6 exploding mob in every mob pack is not really fun. Imps and those aether and lightning thingies. So many of them
Whats with that?

Last edited by KopiG; 04-23-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopiG View Post
So after like 2 years I came back and deleted all my chars and stash items to do a fresh roll of a new "season" with Ashes of malmouth. I decided to remake my Shadow Strike character as I loved it very much. Unfortunately the numbers seem way off. I dont quite remember the exact numbers but it seems to me from playing that the DMG of Shadow Strike has been pretty heavily. Just according to the Wiki where I think the old numbers are the new Shadow Strike does not even get close to it even on ultimate level. I am also doing so much worse now, its kinda weak now.

As for the second issue, the new expansion has way too many exploding mobs. They were already pretty shitty to deal with a melee even with max resists, but now with like 4-6 exploding mob in every mob pack is not really fun. Imps and those aether and lightning thingies. So many of them
Whats with that?
Yes, it scales extremely poorly after lvl 16 %wp dmg wise, even at ultimate level.

This was because Spellbreakers became way too strong but by nerfin SS they hurt SS builds of other dmg types, primarily pierce.

If you want good numbers on SS i recommend Cold SS infiltrator with oierc> cold conversions. Or acid SS witchunter with 2x DEathguard scythe converting vitality to acid.

Otherwise yes, SS is a bit of a downer especially in campaign now
Old 04-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Speaker

I really dont like this SS nerf. On top of the much harder mobs and in addition to the exploding melee mobs. I find it really frustrating and annoying.
I guess I should have done some research before buying Ashes of Malmouth..... well whatever.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Praetorian

Shadow Strike was nerfed well before Ashes of Malmouth. And to be honest, it deserved it. Cold Spellbreakers were destroying pretty all of the content with not much issues with this skill.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:58 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Shadow Strike was nerfed well before Ashes of Malmouth.
Okay fair enough, I havent played for a very long time, so its not tied to the expansion, okay good to know. However It still feels like it was overnerfed.

Also whats up with the exploding mobs? So many of them now!
Old 04-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Praetorian

You mean Burning Dead and Rotting Emberguard? They have existed for a long time. No new exploding enemy was added since them as far as i know.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Champion

Quote:
Shadow Strike was nerfed well before Ashes of Malmouth. And to be honest, it deserved it. Cold Spellbreakers were destroying pretty all of the content with not much issues with this skill.
I don`t think it deserved it. The only broken SS character was 2H coldbreacker with Aeon mirror reset. Dw SS were squishy as hell and if you tried to push them out of squishiness dps output dropped like a rock >_> In the end 50 skill points skill turned intro Olreon blood poor brother >_>
Old 04-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Speaker

Quote:
You mean Burning Dead and Rotting Emberguard? They have existed for a long time. No new exploding enemy was added since them as far as i know.
Yes there are, and they are quite numerous. Aetheral Imps explode, "Poison" Imps too. There are some strange "Lightning" and aetheral mobs as well. So like 4 new exploding mobs were added to the expansion. I hate them.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
I don`t think it deserved it. The only broken SS character was 2H coldbreacker with Aeon mirror reset. Dw SS were squishy as hell and if you tried to push them out of squishiness dps output dropped like a rock >_> In the end 50 skill points skill turned intro Olreon blood poor brother >_>
If you pilot DW SS perfectly which is much harder to do when compared to Alkamos Variant then they're equally broken.

@KopiG SS wasn't overnerfed, even now Cold is pretty dominant. Other variants aren't too far behind.

@Norzan I think the babies in Malmouth explode, I never felt any damage so maybe it's just a gimmick.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 04-23-2018, 11:42 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
SS breakers needed the nerf not SS itself. There is a difference in spite of SS being at the core of this one build. Do you see a lot of pierce SS these days

Tags
shadow strike exploding