Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Supporter

I'm currently using a no MI version of this. It is updated with the grasps of unchained might for more resist reduction.

It is sort of a balance for playing the main game and the crucible, and it's made a bit more tanky and for aoe clearing.

I have to say the extra resist reduction kind of makes of for the lack of OA for me.

I thought i would share it here:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7AkzON

Last edited by Raven82; 04-24-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven82 View Post
I'm currently using a no MI version of this. It is updated with the grasps of unchained might for more resist reduction.

It is sort of a balance for playing the main game and the crucible, and it's made a bit more tanky and for aoe clearing.

I have to say the extra resist reduction kind of makes of for the lack of OA for me.

The 0.6 Version will only have medal as MI and crafted boots

I;d replace Bladetwister with blackswatch. That ring has deceivingly bad stats next to the small rr it provides. I'm also using 2x Belgo slicerrs now whi berform better than Redeemer and Reaver's claw
Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 AM
Supporter

I'll be sure to check out that ring if I can get it to drop haha. Thnx.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Campaigner

Found this helm recipe fairly early in playing AoM, so I'm using this build with minor tweaks (max physique except 10 spirit for rings, so i can wear some tank pants, generally stuff that gets me to 3000 DA) to farm nemesis and troves. Kills insanely quickly, feels like what a Blademaster build should look like.

Have you tried Mythical Grasp of Unchained might + Ring of Steel spam for extra resist reduction and, even more importantly, clearing trash around bosses (godsend in Gloomwald, for example, runs where the cannibals are actually fast enough to flow you around and keep stacking bleeds on you, also when fighting Cronley)? Is overlapping resistances important now, what's the deal with Light's defender gloves?

I'm guessing this type of BlaM will never work in Crucible, right?

Edit: didn't notice this post.
Quote:

Similar to what I'm using, but dude, remove Whirling death, it's a noticeable DPS loss (less damage and the animation takes longer than a normal attack afaik). Spam Ring if you lack aoe.

Last edited by GeneralCash; 04-26-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:51 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCash View Post
Found this helm recipe fairly early in playing AoM, so I'm using this build with minor tweaks (max physique except 10 spirit for rings, so i can wear some tank pants, generally stuff that gets me to 3000 DA) to farm nemesis and troves. Kills insanely quickly, feels like what a Blademaster build should look like.

Have you tried Mythical Grasp of Unchained might + Ring of Steel spam for extra resist reduction and, even more importantly, clearing trash around bosses (godsend in Gloomwald, for example, runs where the cannibals are actually fast enough to flow you around and keep stacking bleeds on you, also when fighting Cronley)? Is overlapping resistances important now, what's the deal with Light's defender gloves?

I'm guessing this type of BlaM will never work in Crucible, right?

Edit: didn't notice this post.

Similar to what I'm using, but dude, remove Whirling death, it's a noticeable DPS loss (less damage and the animation takes longer than a normal attack afaik). Spam Ring if you lack aoe.
Hello General and wb

Wut i did i have WD in the calc? I don't use it, never have and advised against it

The grim tool you see at the moment does not reflect my current build. Yes I use oleron gloves, back then they didn't have the RR mod, they are BiS. Been waiting for the righ time to do the update and patch 0.6 seems to be it. Blego was fun in campaign and had the same impressions as yours but then 15o-170 hit and went south. Now it's much better

Campaign- i do 65 cunning with same gear/setup as crucible one which is full offense and again, differs from old post

Crucible - full phisique and can do new crucible 11 min, but only in 0.6 with new cruci changes (you can see the sample changes in the DA pool thread). It can do 11 min there but I use max Fighting spirit with a good rylok medal.

I also strongly advise 2x Belgo slicer. It is actually more flat pierce than reaver and Belgo shears hit good. Redeemer is trashy This impression is after playing with all 3 for a loong time

Last edited by Superfluff; 04-26-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Initiate

Default Modifications for 20K effective health and 17% lifesteal

May I start by saying that I am a huge fan of this build and have been playing around with it for ages. Sorry if I haven't posted this right (first post), but I have modified this build to have 20K effective health with fiendflesh and 17% base lifesteal on attack. I have found it to be a lot more survivable while still very blendy.

I'd love to hear some critique from my more experienced fellows, as this is a first draft thing.

Grimtools link ending (won't let me post links yet!):
qNYR9lW2
Old 05-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Supporter

So I found the ring. I have to say the extra flat damage and OA on it compensate the loss of the debuff, and the extra skills on it are very nice. I'm not really willing to give up the extra skillpoints and resistances on the redeemer though.

I also dropped WD Like suggested. The dps increase was quite big, probably because it was pushing other moves of the table(went over 100%). I am keeping quick cut to proc assassins mark on a single target though, its quite fast.

I did notice an odd thing today while playing, it looks like my blade spirits are hardly ever proccing blades of wrath, so I bound it to shears instead. It seems to work much better now. And It's one less button to press and one less spell interrupting attacks. I put the ninja's on Markovian's, and I got mostly 3 of em running around so that seems fine.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w269XgbN
Old 05-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
So I found the ring. I have to say the extra flat damage and OA on it compensate the loss of the debuff, and the extra skills on it are very nice. I'm not really willing to give up the extra skillpoints and resistances on the redeemer though.

I also dropped WD Like suggested. The dps increase was quite big, probably because it was pushing other moves of the table(went over 100%). I am keeping quick cut to proc assassins mark on a single target though, its quite fast.

I did notice an odd thing today while playing, it looks like my blade spirits are hardly ever proccing blades of wrath, so I bound it to shears instead. It seems to work much better now. And It's one less button to press and one less spell interrupting attacks. I put the ninja's on Markovian's, and I got mostly 3 of em running around so that seems fine.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w269XgbN
There is no way shears proc blades more

New vids are uploaded, build specs on first page are work in progress. There is a MQ vid as well

Last edited by Superfluff; 05-10-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Herald

10:05, huh. Wonder how fast the DE build and the Terminator have improved. Dammit we need the new grimtools now (no pun intended).
Old 05-11-2018, 04:36 AM
Advocate

A bit curious about Blade Spirit.
How much investing is is worth while leveling?
One to get something to bound shotgun into?

Tags
blademaster