Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyeon View Post
My buddy actually doesn't have any of their devotions laid out. So, If anyone -Did- have any suggestions for a Devotion Spread for A Cabalist That'd also help. My whole goal is just to stack as much Vit Damage+ Decay and surviveability as possible.

Dying God seemed somewhat counter intuitive to that.
I guess you could say it is but Death Knight's are tanky enough that it shouldn't really be a worry. Specifically, you should be rolling in life steal passively (such as from Harbinger of Souls) and from Wendigo's Mark to counteract it. Menhir's Will is a circuit breaker to save you if you would otherwise be close to dying and Ghoulish Hunger/Mark of Torment are similar.

Case in point - you have a lot of layers of defense that the health drain shouldn't make much of a difference whereas the gain in power is hard to pass up.

Quote:
Also, I noticed that the Grim Dawn wiki is actually lacking a bunch of the Constellations in it- which is partly what I was using to plan out my devotions with. Like- Rattosh isn't mentioned in it Nor is Typhos.
There are 2 Grim Dawn wikis, you want the gamepedia. The constellation page has the ones you say aren't there.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Initiate

Well, It's a primarily DK question (i'm the DK) my friends the Cabalist, I'm looking for Details on both.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
My buddy actually doesn't have any of their devotions laid out. So, If anyone -Did- have any suggestions for a Devotion Spread for A Cabalist That'd also help. My whole goal is just to stack as much Vit Damage+ Decay and surviveability as possible.

Dying God seemed somewhat counter intuitive to that.

Also, I noticed that the Grim Dawn wiki is actually lacking a bunch of the Constellations in it- which is partly what I was using to plan out my devotions with. Like- Rattosh isn't mentioned in it Nor is Typhos.

...And it seems to me Typhos, Rattosh and his staff are rather sweet for pet builds.

So yeah, if someone can provide me a solid idea for a devotion spread- path, I'd definitely be appreciative.
You should checkout this page https://www.grimtools.com/calc/
Old 08-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
You should checkout this page https://www.grimtools.com/calc/
I mean, I've seen grim tools. It's more the question is- people probably have tried & true sets of constellations that amount to the ideal set up for Vit Damage & Surviveability. I'm trying to figure out what those are.

(And I suppose, an ideal summoner tree for my friend that is playing alongside me).

I'm aware the Meta that is currently there will probably go -right- out the window once the new expansion comes out, but I'll at least have a solid idea for the current moment.

To that end, I'm just wondering what Constellation setups people have found to be their ideal jam. Especially for something like Vit Damage/Vit Decay Alongside some sustain.

Last edited by Arlyeon; 08-02-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:41 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
I mean, I've seen grim tools. It's more the question is- people probably have tried & true sets of constellations that amount to the ideal set up for Vit Damage & Surviveability. I'm trying to figure out what those are.

(And I suppose, an ideal summoner tree for my friend that is playing alongside me).

I'm aware the Meta that is currently there will probably go -right- out the window once the new expansion comes out, but I'll at least have a solid idea for the current moment.

To that end, I'm just wondering what Constellation setups people have found to be their ideal jam. Especially for something like Vit Damage/Vit Decay Alongside some sustain.
what is optimal depends also on gear and skill choices, and playstyle.

I just make sure I get Wendigo and Rattosh, those are the only "must" haves for me. Dying God is of course really nice too.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:46 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
what is optimal depends also on gear and skill choices, and playstyle.

I just make sure I get Wendigo and Rattosh, those are the only "must" haves for me. Dying God is of course really nice too.
I -Think- His build is going to look something like this close to the end? Possibly? Is that about right?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9QPkPV

(This being the Cabalist). Gear obviously, is all up to RNGESUS to provide.

(Also, Any suggestions on Gear and where to find it?)

Last edited by Arlyeon; 08-03-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
I -Think- His build is going to look something like this close to the end? Possibly? Is that about right?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9QPkPV

(This being the Cabalist). Gear obviously, is all up to RNGESUS to provide.

(Also, Any suggestions on Gear and where to find it?)
why not Unstoppable anomaly?

That build misses out one of the strongest skill that a cabalist can have, curse of frailty and Vulnerability

Regarding devotions, you have to make sure you divide amongst yourself the ones that gives resistance reduction to your damage types, seems to be vitality and acid/poison. So Rattosh the veil warden, murmor, manticore is important that you divide amongst yourselves since I don't think they can stack. It is also important that you get Dying god since it influence pets and allies.

Gear, first do the main story, there are some quests that grants legendaries. Then you can start farm crucible.