Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdansk View Post
Great taste in video games. I'm still playing Emperor, Zeus and Anno even though I bought them over ten years ago. But I also know Zeus, Emperor, and Anno 1503 do have DRM in CD form. You may not have noticed they have DRM because it's silent. But mind you, not all games on Steam have DRM. I can launch Crusader Kings II without being logged into Steam. If you have issues with a game being Steam exclusive, ask the developers to disable the Steam DRM.

Ignore the hostility but do remember that it's this way for simplicity, Crate isn't trying to be restrictive they just don't have the time to spend on multiple builds.
Yes, I still enjoy some city/empire building when I get tired of saving the world from monsters, gods, titans, etc.

I don't have a problem with Crate using Steam, that's their decision and so far using Steam for GD is working fine for me. I want to play the game enough to at least give Steam another go, but I can also understand others who really hate the system being disappointed that they can't play the alpha. If I'd had problems then I would have been disappointed too, but there's nothing that's going to put me off playing this game whenever it's finally released. That I can actually access the alpha is a bonus.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Magicka

So far GD has installed and is playing perfectly so it can be done. You never know it may make me a convert.
Do you have a laptop graphics card that switches between dedicated graphics and integrated? (It would be listed as a power saving feature for the laptop) I had a problem with Magicka not working do to that. If you do go into the graphics card driver, find the program (I'd say do it for any game) and tell the card to only use the dedicated side for it.

Oh, and ignore the fanbois. That breed will scream and shout at you if you aren't sufficiently worshipy of what ever they love today.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Speaker

Ive been with steam for longer than 10 years and so have some of my friends and family, the only one of us that got banned from using his account was my mate because he used an aimbot in CS 1.6.

Im sorry but I do not agree with being banned for no good reason its a nonsense how ever I do feel the same as you when it comes to actually having owned a game on the shelf in comparison to having it stored on some digital account.

Steam is handy that's about it, just bite your upper lip mate and accept it.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
Do you have a laptop graphics card that switches between dedicated graphics and integrated? (It would be listed as a power saving feature for the laptop) I had a problem with Magicka not working do to that. If you do go into the graphics card driver, find the program (I'd say do it for any game) and tell the card to only use the dedicated side for it.

Oh, and ignore the fanbois. That breed will scream and shout at you if you aren't sufficiently worshipy of what ever they love today.
No, I've got a proper PC, not a laptop. It's Geforce 315 card.

Don't worry, I can understand their passion for things. I'm the same the my favourites, but I try not to bite people's heads off when they disagree with me. Doesn't always work mind you. But then everyone is different and it would be a very boring world if we weren't. They have their opinions and I have mine and that's okay.
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, steam