Old 01-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Emissary

Multi player will have to be compatible with those of us who might not get the DLC.

I'm not likely to be buying much if anything after I pay for the initial game...
Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Lord Advocate

You had better buy it!
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23  
Old 01-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Multi player will have to be compatible with those of us who might not get the DLC.

I'm not likely to be buying much if anything after I pay for the initial game...
Did you buy Immortal Throne?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Did you buy Immortal Throne?
Yeah, eventually...like 3+ years after it was released and I picked it up for $5. lol

I suppose I'm an old school minded person. I like hard copies of everything. I dont fell like I'm really buying anything when I buy DLC...actually I've never played a game that had DLC, let alone having to pay for it.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25  
Old 01-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Yeah, eventually...like 3+ years after it was released and I picked it up for $5. lol

I suppose I'm an old school minded person. I like hard copies of everything. I dont fell like I'm really buying anything when I buy DLC...actually I've never played a game that had DLC, let alone having to pay for it.
Yeah, I can relate. I used to feel the same way about movies and my beloved game boxes. Used to go to the store and buy a few DVDs every month. Then I started watching movies on xboxlive marketplace. It was really convenient but sort of bothered me that I wasn't getting anything tangible. I'm a hoarder, you know how it is. I need physical loot to satiate my consumer lust. Then I had to move in July and ended up with 5 large boxes of VHS, DVD, and game cases / boxes. It hurt me to do it but I ended up chucking it all. I'd been hauling all that junk around from place to place for years and a lot of it I hadn't even looked at, let alone used in 5+ years. I finally felt like enough was enough and I didn't really need all that clutter taking up space in my life - a ridiculous amount of space. Haven't looked back since. The digital age is upon us. I sort of wonder if you'll even be able to buy physical copies of those things in 30 years.

The fact that you're also cheap, err, I mean thrifty, well, not much to say about that! ; p
Old 01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Lord Advocate

I used to love box copies too...but now...especially with convenient services like steam...forget about it. I don't miss the extra clutter, swapping dvd/cd's, manually patching, or manual installing.

Digital age is right, and honestly I can't see any reason to clutch to the past now.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post

The fact that you're also cheap, err, I mean thrifty, well, not much to say about that! ; p
In my defense I was a latecomer to TQ and it was already heavily discounted.

I guess I'll have to put up with the digital DL concept...but I dont have to like not being able to buy hard copies.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Praetorian

What if someone mails you a cardboard box with "GDLC" graffitied onto it? That should remedy the problem, and be pretty cheap. (Boxes are free at BJs)
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29  
Old 01-17-2010, 04:10 PM

From a business perspective the upside of hard copies is that people may buy extras after they lose or damage the originals. Between D2 and WC3 I think I bought 5-6 copies over the years. Although, part of the problem is that a game studio is not a safe environment for game CDs...
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Herald

not to jinx the game but I do have a concern about this method of payment.
what happens if this product get the axe? will we get a refund? I know it's a "donation/pre-order" type contract but what if?
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, beta, contributions, development, funding, game key, installments, multiplayer