Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you guys think the 8th Mastery will be?
Necromancer 81 51.92%
First Blade of the Emperor 4 2.56%
Shield Maiden (Dual-Wield Shields) 9 5.77%
Combat Medic 9 5.77%
Sprit Guide 12 7.69%
Former Bloodsworn 7 4.49%
Something else (Comment below) 34 21.79%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 12-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojotek View Post
Probably a Priest/Templar of Menhir class? Healer and centered around wielding shields (your choice of combat medic).
That Spirit Guide choice makes sense as a sort of a necromancer-ish alternative, as a pure necromancer is most likely not going to happen (or it can happen, but that should disable chosing a faction at act3 if it's meant to follow the story progression).

Priest sounds nice, i honestly just want that CM aura. I don't care if they decide to not call it the Combat Medic.

Kymon are kinda full of shit so it wouldn't be beyond them to accept a former Necromancer.

Also i find it troublesome that people think class-combo would impact the story, this isn't Diablo II where you approach Gheed as a Necromancer and his greedy little smirk gets wiped off. Although with the addition of the Inquisitor i honestly do hope class selection impacts dialogues.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Praetorian

Damage-type wise the only underused one is Aether, which is pretty much limited to Arcanist. But I won't bet a single piece of scrap on this logic, because it's not like we have a shortage of elemental damage in the game, yet Inquisitor was revealed to be an elemental gun-mage.

Before I predicted the next class to be a necrogunner: DW guns, aether, cold, vit. decay, pets. Now I don't have a clue, lol. High probability is: shield procs, aether, pets, ranged pierce. Another high probability is it will be an imperial faction that conflicts with inquisitors lore-wise, similar to DV vs Kymon, so I dunno, Alchemist maybe?
Old 12-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Another high probability is it will be an imperial faction that conflicts with inquisitors lore-wise
Huh? /10cars

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Huh? /10cars
What? That's just a fair guess. Since it's highly probable that new expansion will move us from provinces to the center of empire where main forces of aetherials are present, it's highly probable that another new class will have something to do with imperial forces as well. Because it's so cliche.

But yet again - Crate are known to surprise us. Might turn out the new class is a voodoo pigmy from far south, lol.

Last edited by Stupid Dragon; 12-20-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
But yet again - Crate are known to surprise us. Might turn out the new class is a voodoo pigmy from far south, lol.
That was actually quite funny

And i hope create does exactly that and surprise us.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Ascendant

Quote:

Lol /20chars

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Praetorian

I kinda missed that Crate gave us a hint. Stupid me.

Weeeeeell, I see you are slightly amused by my voodoo pigmy joke, even though it's exactly what one gamedev company did when they needed a character with a skillset that just screams "necromancer", but wanted to try being creative. Ugh... can't remember the company's name... was it Tempest? Blizzard? Nah... Anyway, just so happens that GD has a spot for a class that just screams "necromancer" as well. But if calling necromancer a necromancer is dull, then maybe it's a Witch?
Old 12-20-2016, 12:28 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
I kinda missed that Crate gave us a hint. Stupid me.

Weeeeeell, I see you are slightly amused by my voodoo pigmy joke, even though it's exactly what one gamedev company did when they needed a character with a skillset that just screams "necromancer", but wanted to try being creative. Ugh... can't remember the company's name... was it Tempest? Blizzard?
Don't know man, might have heard about Tempest, but Blizzard honestly doesn't ring a bell. Do they make adult RPGs or something?

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Counsel

As I said on the Grim Misadventures topic, I believe it's a shield mastery (not a dual shield, so no shield maiden).

I’ve searched the black legion ranks, they have myrmidons, footmen and captains as shield wearers. Myrmidons and footmen are white-named so they are probably too weak to make a mastery around. Captain seems like the mastery for the expansion, especially with some aether damage to solve the shortage of aether damage sources; they could have studied the Gildam Arcanum or got some power directly from the aetherials since they like making deals with high ranked people. The problem is: captain is too generic/boring for a mastery name.

Combat medic would be fun, but it wouldn’t solve the shortage of aether damage and shield skills (only 1 mastery for each).
In order of creation: Witchblade - Level 58 .-.-. Saboteur - Level 90 .-.-. Battlemage - Level 100 (most played) .-.-. Pyromancer - Level 50 .-.-. Elementalist - Level 85 .-.-. Witchblade - Level 85 .-.-. Ritualist - Level 77 Hardcore .-.-. Blademaster - Level 100 (currently playing)
Old 12-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Herald

Blood Mage, a balancing nightmare

I feel atleast one of the new mastery will have a pet
Closed Thread