Old 01-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Not going to nerf Loxmere - I've fought him with a melee character that I wouldn't consider very well geared or built (its a poison nightblade / occultist build lol) and he is definitely beatable without dying.

However, he attacks very quickly and when you don't know it's coming, it can be a fatal surprise. I also am not sure it should be so easy to encounter, in main areas.

So I think maybe the best thing is to just move him to Nemesis spawn or to only appear on Elite / Ultimate.
I like the fight because it keeps you on your toes and is hilariously the only enemy in the game that forces you to hurriedly reapply your defensive buffs. The only thing I dislike is that he often pops in and shadow strike/nullifies you from off-screen - if you know he's coming, he's a fair challenge, if you don't well, hope you set up a portal nearby or aren't playing hardcore.

Perhaps he could have a distinctive coloured aura that applies to himself and enemies around him? This is especially if he gets upgraded to Nemesis status so when you see enemies with his aura you know you're in for a fight.

Also, I like the idea of factions having multiple Nemeses so you never know which one you're going to face.

Also, also, props to whoever came up with the name Loxmere Nightmare.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:36 AM
Lord Advocate

Never heard of em'
But I don't actually pay attention to names. But seriously how bad of gear do you have that people are really taking 7K Hits. Highest hit I have ever seen has been 3.5k on me in Ultimate.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
Never heard of em'
But I don't actually pay attention to names. But seriously how bad of gear do you have that people are really taking 7K Hits. Highest hit I have ever seen has been 3.5k on me in Ultimate.
I was on a storm totem druid with mostly caster gear, but maiven's. Nothing else in the entirety of Elite, all bosses included, hit me 1/5 as hard as this thing did.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Initiate

Registered just to write this
I too encountered her today. On hardcore elite. First time. I think if i wasn't playing cadence shield battlemage, i'd be dead. In one combo of Nulification + Shadow strike i lost more than half of my health. I think you should make that energy burn bit weaker - or it'll be autodeath on encounter for any caster with decent energy pool (isn't the fairest thing).
Also, i truly think someshing needs to be changed about nulification for players - not everyone have all their buffs on main panel (and having to press Y - 1 - 2 -3 - Y every time buffs got purged in fight was a bit tiring). I suggest to change it so buffs are not removed, but their effects nulified for some time. Also, considering that all the defensive devotion procs are tied to buffs (which in turn'll get turned off by nulification, they essentially become useless) it'll help with that too. Even if Loxmere is the only enemy in the game who currently uses nulification, it doesn't mean there'll be no more - so imho it's a valid concern.
Also, sorry for my english - it's not my mother's language.
I'd post screenshot of my character after i killed her, but my post count is a bit too low at the moment.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Initiate

Haha...didn't catch the name...but I too was a victim to this evil bugger. Had no idea what was going on...it was buried in a pack of mobs in Ft. Ikon...

Hurt.

:>)
Old 01-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
Also, I like the idea of factions having multiple Nemeses so you never know which one you're going to face.
This. So much this. I almost feel like creating a thread about this... uh, +1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Younghappy is back - everything will be good now
Old 01-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Herald

Quote:
Not going to nerf Loxmere - I've fought him with a melee character that I wouldn't consider very well geared or built (its a poison nightblade / occultist build lol) and he is definitely beatable without dying.
In Ultimate? Any legendary items? Resistances and health pool?
I know Nine told me 3 of his Friend died while himself was in the game In ultimate. He was the only one to survive (lol). Rip Hardcore.
Two of them were tanks, but I can't tell if they were well geared and what was there health pool.

I'm currently In Ultimate act 3 with my blademaster with good resistances and over 19k health and still no legendary ( , those that I find aren't for my build lol...). And hearing how hard is that Loxmere, I'm kinda scared to face him lol. Although I didn't see him yet in Ultimate.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTek View Post
In Ultimate? Any legendary items? Resistances and health pool?
I know Nine told me 3 of his Friend died while himself was in the game In ultimate. He was the only one to survive (lol). Rip Hardcore.
Two of them were tanks, but I can't tell if they were well geared and what was there health pool.

I'm currently In Ultimate act 3 with my blademaster with good resistances and over 19k health and still no legendary ( , those that I find aren't for my build lol...). And hearing how hard is that Loxmere, I'm kinda scared to face him lol. Although I didn't see him yet in Ultimate.
Well, i'd recommend having at least 15/12 Break Morale (War cry enchancer) - that way you can force him to only autoattack you. Make sure to use blitz closer to the end of debuff so he'll spend those 1,5-3 seconds trying to stand up instead of nulificating you.
But well, recommendation above will work only if you see her/him first. 50/50 if he shadow strikes you first/nulificates you.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Herald

Quote:
Not going to nerf Loxmere
You think he's allright? Seriously, I only stood some chance with my shooter because he is vulnerable to knockback. PRM caster couldn't kill him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
But seriously how bad of gear do you have that people are really taking 7K Hits.
It is shotgun phantasmal blades, technically multiple hits. I suggest removing at least them.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Initiate

Quote:

However, he attacks very quickly and when you don't know it's coming, it can be a fatal surprise. I also am not sure it should be so easy to encounter, in main areas.

So I think maybe the best thing is to just move him to Nemesis spawn or to only appear on Elite / Ultimate.
http://www.twitch.tv/tridord/v/32573658

Is that how he is supposed to be tuned in Ultimate? Seems a little rough...
Closed Thread

Tags
enemies