Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-15-2019, 03:44 PM
Lord Advocate

Fair enough. Guys...what are we doing squabbling amongst ourselves!

That's EXACTLY what the warlord wants!

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
I will wait a few weeks until I GD-stash.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Counsel

We are already done with the warlord. Put the RtA back in line, nerf the physical RR, work on some of the physical retal devotions and change them to lightning/acid. And flatten out some of that armor bonus stuff from % because Warlord armor is becoming the new Chinese DA.

Now to butcher inquisitor!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:21 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
Putting aside your toxicity, this is arguably the silliest thing I've ever heard. If I were to summarize the current meta of GD in 3 words, it'd be - 'Warlords & co.'

Because the warlord, in its present state, stands in stark opposition to the very fundamental philosophy of GD - diversity.

It's not a matter of 'don't play it then.' Please try to look past yourself.

EDIT: I also doubt that you took the time to read the thread to understand the concerns expressed by other players before making such a statement.
My "Toxicity" lol. The day people stop playing legit is the day they joined the psycho club. Over analyzing to insanity. This isnt about a game anymore...its an MIT research project for unpaid developers.

Edit: This is the last point on this. There is no PVP in GD. NONE ( at least none that I know of. I dont play multiplayer so if there is I take back everything I said) If there were tournaments in play or other real rewards I'd say you have every right to bring issues of unfairness up to Crate. But...there...is....NOT. You are not fighting Warlords in the game. It doesnt exist. WHY people waste their time complaining about a build.....they have a choice to play or not play is...crazy. Is it "just knowing" there is a dominant build in the game that bothers people? " I just KNOW that Warlord is kick ass and cant force myself to play any other build.....because I cant take it. No one should have a build this good." Insane.

Crate, stick to your Arcanum Sigillis and let the Warlord ride. Its fun...and I want it to stay that way. Not some mediocre shield guy.

Last edited by gladmark; 04-16-2019 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:26 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
Don't waste time on that dude Spanky

He don't wanna play a well balanced game and is pretty ignorant to how influential players are when it comes to what goes into these patches.
Fine with me bro. Go work for Crate and get paid. I could care less about the good ole boys research project..I mean game...where people PLAY...and actually have fun. What a concept
Old 04-16-2019, 05:34 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladmark View Post
Crate, stick to your Arcanum Sigillis and let the Warlord ride.
If I was more of an asshole I'd put that in my footnote quote.

Seriously, man, if you don't appreciate balance discussions then scram. Your attitude is out of place. You're disrespecting the community and every work hour Crate has ever spent in their efforts to balance the game.

You've been heard. There are players who enjoy effortless godmode. You could've conveyed that message without resorting to belittling others. Now please fo my thread.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:44 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladmark View Post
Fine with me bro. Go work for Crate and get paid. I could care less about the good ole boys research project..I mean game...where people PLAY...and actually have fun. What a concept
They are getting nerfed no matter what. The important bit is how much. There is a sweet spot that it came close to during testing but global conversion of pierce to phys put it on steroids. Let's wait for the patch and give proper feedback (which is what i did most of testing phase for this build personally)

And when feedback is given no, for general reference if anyone is reading this:

- Build is DEAD ...DEAD you hear? Fuck this game
- Build is OP i ROFL stop all gg crate on "balance"

That is not feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai
I don't have much sympathy

Last edited by Superfluff; 04-16-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:00 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
There is a sweet spot that it came close to during testing but global conversion of pierce to phys put it on steroids.
It's not just about retal though retal is probably the star of the show.

I started this thread because I don't want to see other oathkeeper classes go under. So rushed nerfs to all retal added, Consecration and Guardians' rr is imo not the way to go.

Like what happened to Iskandra. Nerfing the set pieces to the ground in case some binders could end up with too much cdr hurt druids and spellbreakers most. But on the other hand warlords now is a totally different magnitude of imbalance than binders used to be...
Old 04-16-2019, 06:03 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
If I was more of an asshole I'd put that in my footnote quote.

Seriously, man, if you don't appreciate balance discussions then scram. Your attitude is out of place. You're disrespecting the community and every work hour Crate has ever spent in their efforts to balance the game.

You've been heard. There are players who enjoy effortless godmode. You could've conveyed that message without resorting to belittling others. Now please fo my thread.
I hate to tell you this but I'm kinda with the "asshole".

Theres a part of the discussion you guys are missing. There are some of us (dads) that simply do not have the crazy amount of hours to play like you guys do. So for me being one of those guys, the best time to play is after a new expac drops because there is something we can actually paly and achieve.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for an easy cheesy game but at the same time it breaks my drive to play when overzealous balancing happens in a single player game.. No offence intended.. And I really appreciate all the effort from the community going on here.

But please try to think about the vast difference in the playerbase. We also buy from crate on day one..

Okay thats all from me. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
It's not just about retal though retal is probably the star of the show.

I started this thread because I don't want to see other oathkeeper classes go under. So rushed nerfs to all retal added, Consecration and Guardians' rr is imo not the way to go.

Like what happened to Iskandra. Nerfing the set pieces to the ground in case some binders could end up with too much cdr hurt druids and spellbreakers most. But on the other hand warlords now is a totally different magnitude of imbalance than binders used to be...
Then parhaps your wish will be granted

Imo people are infatuated with novelty a bit. Throughout testing i never considered Warlords like Mark or WB OP at all. Just good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai
I don't have much sympathy
Old 04-16-2019, 06:14 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Strife View Post
I hate to tell you this but I'm kinda with the "asshole".

Theres a part of the discussion you guys are missing. There are some of us (dads) that simply do not have the crazy amount of hours to play like you guys do. So for me being one of those guys, the best time to play is after a new expac drops because there is something we can actually paly and achieve.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for an easy cheesy game but at the same time it breaks my drive to play when overzealous balancing happens in a single player game.. No offence intended.. And I really appreciate all the effort from the community going on here.

But please try to think about the vast difference in the playerbase. We also buy from crate on day one..

Okay thats all from me. Have a great day everyone!
Good point. That's what I meant by "please make your point without belittling everyone involved."

For anyone who follows build threads it's kinda obvious that warlords... The only problem making a warlord is that you giggle too much seeing how op this is.

But I agree to a point. Crate's been known to go a few steps too far on occasion. With the nerfs, I mean. This is my personal opinion. Thus, all we can do is to discuss, provide details and argumentation and hope to be heard, which happens rarely but does happen.