Old 04-16-2019, 03:58 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheX View Post
Ehm, this tool just fucking deleted all my shared stash items and the stashes themselves for no fucking reason
It did not do that. As I also wrote in your other thread, it is cloud save that did that.

As the documentation clearly states If you use Steam Cloud saving, do not edit any files while running Grim Dawn and wait a few seconds between closing GD and editing the files in GD Stash.

So don't blame the tool for your mistakes.

Quote:
Also the relic i tried crafting is not even where i put it.
Of course not. You restored the backup of the stash that existed before you added the relic and then saved the stash. The stash that did contain the relic was wiped out by cloud save...
Old 04-16-2019, 04:03 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIsMyBane View Post
Hello, I have been using your tool on and off since v1.128 and have had no problems until now. After using v142b for a couple days the tool randomly stopped working. Im not fully sure how to get it working, been trying to tinker with stuff to no avail. First when I attempt to run 'gdstash.bat' I get the following error message
Looks like your DB got corrupted somehow. From the conglomerate # this is an internal table of the DB, not any table of GD Stash.

You will need to create a new DB, but obviously want to keep your stored items, so do the following:

1) go to C:\Users\<username>\GDStash
2) rename db, e.g. to _db (assuming you use vanilla GD, otherwise it is db_<modname>)
3) start GD Stash and import the GD data again
4) close GD Stash
5) copy seg0\c4b0.dat and seg0\c4c1.dat from the original DB to the new DB
Old 04-16-2019, 04:10 AM
Praetorian

Version 1.4.3 released

Shows some more set completion information
Old 04-16-2019, 05:32 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
It did not do that. As I also wrote in your other thread, it is cloud save that did that.

As the documentation clearly states If you use Steam Cloud saving, do not edit any files while running Grim Dawn and wait a few seconds between closing GD and editing the files in GD Stash.

So don't blame the tool for your mistakes.

Of course not. You restored the backup of the stash that existed before you added the relic and then saved the stash. The stash that did contain the relic was wiped out by cloud save...
As i stated in original post i did NOT use cloud saving at ANY moment, was reading the html documents and changed it because of that. Configuration is #1 on the html documents and i made sure i got the directories and everything right. Also the relic was not in the new completely erased file and neither in the .t00 trasfer file from the backup. It was nowhere.

And i do blame the tool also i blame the instructions for the tool because clearly some of the steps lead to the thing being deleted/renamed/moved or whatever. And hey i'm just warning other new people about the risks of installing this tool because it's easy to go south real fast and loose days of progression.

Last edited by PheX; 04-16-2019 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:38 AM
Herald

Quote:
And i do blame the tool also i blame the instructions for the tool because clearly some of the steps lead to the thing being deleted/renamed/moved or whatever. And hey i'm just warning other new people about the risks of installing this tool because it's easy to go south real fast and loose days of progression.
I'm using GDS since first release without any problems!

So check all things, there must be a problem ...

Overview of the German translation // Übersicht zur Deutsch-Übersetzung
» http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128756&postcount=4 «
Titan Quest Source - German Forum Grim Dawn
» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/index.php?c=8 «
Old 04-16-2019, 06:54 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
As i stated in original post i did NOT use cloud saving at ANY moment
you claiming this does not make it so

Quote:
Configuration is #1 on the html documents and i made sure i got the directories and everything right.
the fact that your stash was wiped is 100% proof of you using cloud save, it is cloud save doing the wipe after the tool had correctly written the stash

Quote:
Also the relic was not in the new completely erased file and neither in the .t00 trasfer file from the backup. It was nowhere.
of course not, as I tried to explain already, here is what happens

1) copy existing transfer.gst to transfer.t00, ie the one as it existed before your changes
2) save the changes to transfer.gst, this was successful
3) Steam cloud wipes your stash / transfer.gst
4) empty stash in game

3) deleted the relic and the backup created in 1) does not yet contain it

Quote:
And i do blame the tool also i blame the instructions for the tool
it is always easier to blame someone else than to admit a mistake, I get that

Quote:
And hey i'm just warning other new people about the risks of installing this tool because it's easy to go south real fast and loose days of progression.
you lost nothing other than the relic you created and could recreate in a few seconds, so don’t be so overly dramatic
Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 AM
Initiate

Default Crash/Bug

Hello. Sry for my bad english.
I was playing Grim Dawn 3 days in raw without turning off game. Goes up from 95lvl to 98lvl. I was 1/5 to 99lvl and then crash occurs. When i reboot computer and start game i was lvl 95 back again!
So i download GD stash and set my lvl to 98.
Now in game i have lvl 98 but i dont see lvl progress bar. Is this correct? Also exp need for lvl is 2.600.000... Is this correct? Someone help me please.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promulgacja View Post
Hello. Sry for my bad english.
I was playing Grim Dawn 3 days in raw without turning off game. Goes up from 95lvl to 98lvl. I was 1/5 to 99lvl and then crash occurs. When i reboot computer and start game i was lvl 95 back again!
So i download GD stash and set my lvl to 98.
Now in game i have lvl 98 but i dont see lvl progress bar. Is this correct? Also exp need for lvl is 2.600.000... Is this correct? Someone help me please.
Sounds like you changed your level without adjusting the XP. Open GDS again, enter 98 for the level and press <return> to have the XP calculated.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:02 PM
Initiate

I've had zero luck importing the database, this is the most recent errors I get:
Old 04-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by afkz91 View Post
I've had zero luck importing the database, this is the most recent errors I get:
Verify your game files