Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Modding - Discussion

Old 04-16-2019, 02:32 AM
Acolyte

Angry HELP! GDStash just deleted my whole shared stash.

Ehm, this tool just fucking deleted all my shared stash items and the stashes themselves for no fucking reason, like i tried crafting an item, put it in the shared stash and then logged into the game and the whole fucking shared stash disappeared, it even tells me to rebuy the tabs since i only have the default one, like wtf happen.

Literally ALL the Softcore.gst where my stuff appear is now GONE, i didn't press import, move, export, delete, i have cloud saving disabled anything like dat since i was testing the smaller features first while reading the html manuals to not destroy anything. I simply crafted a relic and put it in the shared stash in the crafting tab window with Softcore (.gst) selected. Guess what; not only the crafted item doesn't appear but everything dissapeared. Probs should have sticked to shitty mules through crucible, at least they don't delete the WHOLE FUCKING SHARED STASH LOL.

Plz someone tell me there is a solution for this. Just want to recover all my stuff and NEVER use this tool again.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:40 AM
Praetorian

Did you check your recycle bin? Doubt it’s there, but it doesn’t hurt to look.

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012
Old 04-16-2019, 02:42 AM
Acolyte

The recycle bin is empty dude. I didn't delete ANY files. I simply crafted a relic with the crafting tool on GDStash to see what happens and when i logged back into the game EVERYTHING was GONE.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:43 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheX View Post
The recycle bin is empty dude. I didn't delete ANY files. I simply crafted a relic with the crafting tool on GDStash to see what happens and when i logged back into the game EVERYTHING was GONE.
Hey. Dude. He ain't your enemy. And he didn't fuck your stash up. Slow your roll and grab a paper bag. No need to hyper-ventilate up in here.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:48 AM
Campaigner

GDstash backs up your stash when you use it. It probably renamed it "transfer.g01" or something like that. Rename it to "transfer.gst" and start the game. This has happened to me before, but I have always found it to be related to cloud saving and using Griminternals. I have to start the game normally once first before going back and using the mod.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:55 AM
Acolyte

Well fhanks for an useful reply, i do use grim internals like you mentioned, and when taking a look on the transfer.gst and transfer.t00 the first one is 1KB and the other is 35 KB. Will try renaming the thing an see what happens...
Old 04-16-2019, 03:02 AM
Acolyte

Smile Thanks!!!

WOW all the items were in fact on the transfer.t00 file, dunno it the mod deleted the default .gst file or whatever but i went crazy af when i saw everything dissapear.

Also the item i crafted is not where i technically put it. Gonna uninstall this tool, not newb proof and too much risk to use even following the html tutorials.

Many thanks.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:09 AM
Praetorian

GD Stash backs up the current stash before it writes the new one, in case something goes wrong.

That being said, the tool wrote the file correctly, otherwise you would have gotten an error message. After GDS had written the stash, cloud save then reset it to a new empty stash with one page, it sometimes does that, no idea why.

If you use local saves this never happens. If you do not have GD running while making changes when you use cloud save, the chance of it happening seems to be drastically lower from what I've heard (I do not use cloud saves).
Old 04-16-2019, 03:09 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheX View Post
WOW all the items were in fact on the transfer.t00 file, dunno it the mod deleted the default .gst file or whatever but i went crazy af when i saw everything dissapear.

Also the item i crafted is not where i technically put it. Gonna uninstall this tool, not newb proof and too much risk to use even following the html tutorials.

Many thanks.
That's good and most of us know that GDStash makes backups precisely to prevent any losses in case of any oddities, like you experienced. In the future if you want to test tools with which you aren't familiar with I would advise making your own backup of your entire save folder beforehand for a little extra insurance. Things can happen but it's best to remain calm. mamba knows what he's doing and this isn't GDStashes first rodeo.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:29 AM
Campaigner

I use cloud saving because I alternate between computers and manually transferring the saves is too much of a pain. If you don't need that sort of functionality, local saves offer a safer, more noob-friendly experience. If you need to use cloud saves, remember: If you edit the stash using GDstash, remember to start the game once normally through Steam (or GOG if that's your thing, I guess) before going back and using Griminternals, or it will wipe your shared stash.