Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Old 04-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Initiate

Default Grim Dawn and eye strain programs

Hey guys, basically, I use a program to control the colors of the screen to reduce eye strain, for those that don't know it, it can control them based on the time of the day, personally it helps a lot, the problem is that GD seems to have some problems with it working, if I play it on windowed mode it works fine, but if it's in exclusive fullscreen it stops working, so I was wondering if there's any way to fix this on my end, or if it's something that Crate would be able to fix on theirs.

I know this is isn't exactly a GD issue/bug but from what I read on google this seems to be a per-game basis kinda of thing, it works in fullscreen on some, on others it doesn't, but if it does it apparently depends on how that particular game functions

PS: The software I personally use is f.lux, although I tried SunsetScreen and it had the same issues
Old 04-13-2019, 09:25 PM
Initiate

Have you tried playing around with the color blindness filters, that may help. I use them sometimes to help. Additionally win 10 night light mode, which works in full screen
Old 04-13-2019, 09:58 PM
Champion

I have used flux for years and it works fine. I do play in windowed full screen but that's because of other things. Never had a problem.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguy84 View Post
Have you tried playing around with the color blindness filters, that may help. I use them sometimes to help. Additionally win 10 night light mode, which works in full screen
Did not try, but thanks for tip, I'll see what I can do with it

ps: using Win 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
I have used flux for years and it works fine. I do play in windowed full screen but that's because of other things. Never had a problem.
yeah, borderless windowed it works just fine too here, but fullscreen is kinda glitchy, sometimes it works fine, others it doesn't.

Anyways, it's nothing important really, hopefully it's something easy to fix, assuming it's fixable on Crates side anywy
Old 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Speaker

Whats your graphics card, whats your monitor. And what type of cable are you using, hdmi or display port.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanic View Post
Whats your graphics card, whats your monitor. And what type of cable are you using, hdmi or display port.
GTX 1050 Ti, LG 23MP55, HDMI
Old 04-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
GTX 1050 Ti, LG 23MP55, HDMI
Well since you using this try https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

These helped my old monitor who was using hdmi, and had unseen flickering which fixed it completely. Let us know if this driver was needed for you or not.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:32 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
Anyways, it's nothing important really, hopefully it's something easy to fix, assuming it's fixable on Crates side anywy
I think you'd have more luck if you post this on the support forum for flux, they seem to care. And I doubt this is caused by the game to be honest.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:24 AM
Initiate

no problem with flux for me in fullscreen mode. AMD CPU/Card.

Did you try turning off all other software in your system tray and background programs. I had ASUS Sonic Studio 3 and it was causing problems with other software.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:08 AM
Supporter

Maybe you accidentally set f.lux to disable for fullscreen apps?

Tags
eyestrain, f.lux, fullscreen, glitch