Nice one

Tho CT is not even close to PB in any case
Old 01-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Tho CT is not even close to PB in any case

Thanks

Plays much more safer than PB. PB should be stronger due shotgun and innate life leech. But when the build has much more staying power CT isn't inferior in any way.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Thanks

Plays much more safer than PB. PB should be stronger due shotgun and innate life leech. But when the build has much more staying power CT isn't inferior in any way.
It is, in so many ways that its not even comparable, only thing that you cant facetank with PB is MQ. And personally I highly doubt that you can bring her down faster with CT than any PB build even tho they require some kiting.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
It is, in so many ways that its not even comparable, only thing that you cant facetank with PB is MQ. And personally I highly doubt that you can bring her down faster with CT than any PB build even tho they require some kiting.
The kill speed might vary but quality of life play is more or less the same for both skills. And i think MQ kill time with CT should be greater than PB since it triggers her periods

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Champion

Quote:
The kill speed might vary but quality of life play is more or less the same for both skills. And i think MQ kill time with CT should be greater than PB since it triggers her periods
Not by far, CT has to low range to be good quality of life spell.

I could put her down with my PB spelbreaker before the devastation nerf in 30 secs. Didnt check it now but highly doubt that more than one min should be needed.
PB WH needs bit more than 1 min.
PB Trickster 1 min.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Not by far, CT has to low range to be good quality of life spell.
I don't think we can agree here

Quote:
devastation nerf
I always thought the spell was a little too good at everything. Right now where it required one devastation i need two roughly. I don't think it's a big nerf. What are your opinions?

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Champion

Quote:
I don't think we can agree here

I always thought the spell was a little too good at everything. Right now where it required one devastation i need two roughly. I don't think it's a big nerf. What are your opinions?

We tend to disagree on many thing Anyway I just find CTs range to be something like: When I have to get this close maybe it would be better to go melee.
Only quality of CT is that is the best spammable/low CD spell arcanist has, and that's not so hard cuz all of them pretty much sucks (AAR excluded cuz just recently made AAR build so cant compare yet).

Tbh always thought that Devastation is way OP, but since it was only actually useful attacking skill in arcanist mastery it was ok. Now with devastation nerf and w/o some mayor improvement in PRM, CT or TSS pretty much only useful way to use arcanist is to go AAR (not counting when you are using it as support).

P.S. Actually its a huge nerf cuz most of arcanist based casters were heavily relying on devastation as by far strongest single target (yes, single target not aoe) dmg skill.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:53 PM
Campaigner

Also, a major "nerf" to adjusting the damage output of such a long CD ability, the difference between 1 cast and 2 is absolutely massive, or 2 and 3, or such.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Ascendant

Quote:

P.S. Actually its a huge nerf cuz most of arcanist based casters were heavily relying on devastation as by far strongest single target (yes, single target not aoe) dmg skill.
True it's a single target skill. I haven't ever used it in main campaign for trash mobs. Not even in Plains of Strife. Yeah i guess when you put it this way it is a huge nerf.
Also, while AAR is very strong for single target damage. Devastation gives you the liberty of kiting. But true, the marginal improvement for PRM, CT and TSS isn't enough to compensate the nerf.
It still felt like it was too good at everything.

Imo, one of the major reasons for the the nerf is because one forum member cockily bragged about how easy Valbury was with a CT Sorcerer on Ultimate.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Champion

Quote:

Imo, one of the major reasons for the the nerf is because one forum member cockily bragged about how easy Valbury was with a CT Sorcerer on Ultimate.
And do you know why Valbury was easy to her?

Not because that build was super op dmg dealer, super tanky or so, but because agrivix casters naturally have vastly over caped aether resistance and all power of Valbury lies in aether resistance shred (-30% or smth) if you overcap aether resistance Valbury is a joke to any decent build.

Tags
aether, battlemage, callidor's tempest, shield, shield caster