Old 11-17-2017, 12:46 AM
Praetorian

It's always exciting seeing a new build go live.

as always, good work guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
please, excuse me... I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills
Old 11-17-2017, 12:47 AM
Praetorian

Energy burn is apparently gone. Good.

And now Krieg set also supports Death Knight.

Last edited by Norzan; 11-17-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:55 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Energy burn is apparently gone. Good.

And now Krieg set also supports Death Knight.
So was energy burn bugged or useless or what exactly? I mean, it sounded like something potentially useful (starve enemy spellcasters and make their own energy hurt them) but I never really used it so I don't know.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:58 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
So was energy burn bugged or useless or what exactly? I mean, it sounded like something potentially useful (starve enemy spellcasters and make their own energy hurt them) but I never really used it so I don't know.
Apparently big monster bosses whose energy you wanted to burn were plenty resistant to it and it did not really work on them. Trash like Ascended Spellbrakers die fast anyway. So all energy burn did was burn your own mana when you encounter a reflective mob.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:00 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Didn't worked on the enemies that actually would have been useful to work on and on the ones it actually worked, they would be dead before their energy was depleted.

The main issue with energy burn was reflect. Reflected energy burn is one of the most annoying things in the game, because no energy means no using skills.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:03 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Apparently big monster bosses whose energy you wanted to burn were plenty resistant to it and it did not really work on them. Trash like Ascended Spellbrakers die fast anyway. So all energy burn did was burn your own mana when you encounter a reflective mob.
Quote:
Didn't worked on the enemies that actually would have been useful to work on and on the ones it actually worked, they would be dead before their energy was depleted.

The main issue with energy burn was reflect. Reflected energy burn is one of the most annoying things in the game, because no energy means no using skills.
I don't get it. Why make bosses resistant to something that would be really useful against bosses and pretty much only bosses?

Does this mean they'll be sacking life reduction % next?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:05 AM
Initiate

The Phantasmal Blades change is amazing. I might have to make a new one, Reaper this time. Thank you for the update!
Old 11-17-2017, 01:06 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
I don't get it. Why make bosses resistant to something that would be really useful against bosses and pretty much only bosses?

Does this mean they'll be sacking life reduction % next?
A lot of enemies use energy to cast their skills and energy burn would make them not being able to cast those attacks. So, pretty much make a lot of encounters almost trivial.

This stat should have been removed ages ago.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:09 AM
Supporter

Well the new casting mechanic is as bad as I thought it would be. If you want to cast Sigil of Consumption at a specific monster your character will just cast it in that monster's general direction instead of moving into range. Thankfully we have the option to turn it off.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:12 AM
Banned User

Quote:
A lot of enemies use energy to cast their skills and energy burn would make them not being able to cast those attacks. So, pretty much make a lot of encounters almost trivial.

This stat should have been removed ages ago.
Huh. Well, neat idea, but impossible to balance I guess. It's either ohpee or useless. I honestly barely notice most mobs' energy bars move as they use skills, I rarely see one with a depleted energy bar. I assumed the bulk of their skills were no-to-low-energy cost for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sothpa View Post
Well the new casting mechanic is as bad as I thought it would be. If you want to cast Sigil of Consumption at a specific monster your character will just cast it in that monster's general direction instead of moving into range. Thankfully we have the option to turn it off.
Noticed that with DevSwarm, turned it off almost immediately.

Last edited by Tycho; 11-17-2017 at 01:16 AM.
Closed Thread