Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 06-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I like how OP tested more offensive setups and silenced all the critics

I agree with OP on this one, melee builds are still vulnerable in late Crucible so if more offensive setup might lead to faster clear times but at the same time risk of dying goes from 1% to 10% is still not worth it as long as your defensive setup can do two 150-170 runs with 4 tributes in under 25 minutes.
I'm not silenced. I just expressed my opinion and didn't insist upon it. If he's not comfortable with it then it is what it is. I like to play offensive and am used to it and do it on all my builds. The ultos conjurer for example can forgo judicator rings for glyph rings and do even more tremendous dmg and better kill times (well under 8 min with no lag). But people freak out when they see low DA so i'm not posting that version as well
Old 06-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
I'm not silenced. I just expressed my opinion and didn't insist upon it. If he's not comfortable with it then it is what it is. I like to play offensive and am used to it and do it on all my builds. The ultos conjurer for example can forgo judicator rings for glyph rings and do even more tremendous dmg and better kill times (well under 8 min with no lag). But people freak out when they see low DA so i'm not posting that version as well
Btw I added your setup to starter post with remarks. I think it is great! But I'll stay on mine as well
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:51 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Btw I added your setup to starter post with remarks. I think it is great! But I'll stay on mine as well
Hey no worries. At least someone found use for those shoulders i've always liked.

Btw you could mix and match for balance. Keep shoulders for slow phsy res but use mountain amulet. Mountain ammy>> Sentinel shoulders
Old 06-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
I'm not silenced.
And you never will be (I hope)

I just complimented OP on the solidness of his initial build, he knows his shit!
Old 06-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Herald

Quote:
Finally someone made use of those shoulders. They are absolutely insane in terms of boosting armor and phys res (especially when crafted at Angrim).
Almost forgot this message! I already used these shoulders.
How about this one?
Old 06-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Campaigner

Love the build veretragna - especially that it uses not commonly used items. Great ideas from all involved as well!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Herald

Thanks! I love original ideas and original builds.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Campaigner

Not trying to shit on the build, haven't tried something like this yet, but what is the point behind using a 2-hander instead of dw? Folk wisdom is that builds with tons of flat damage prefer dw... Is Feral hunger with those gloves just that good?

Also, I'm guessing that, since Upheaval is a WPS, its lightning dmg gets converted by the Korba hood as well. Is this correct?
Old 06-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCash View Post
Not trying to shit on the build, haven't tried something like this yet, but what is the point behind using a 2-hander instead of dw? Folk wisdom is that builds with tons of flat damage prefer dw... Is Feral hunger with those gloves just that good?

Also, I'm guessing that, since Upheaval is a WPS, its lightning dmg gets converted by the Korba hood as well. Is this correct?
Because he can. DW Korba is one of the strongest and most popular builds around and it becomes boring always using a well-established build
Old 06-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCash View Post

1. My goal was not to make most damaging build, Malkadarred Korba already outperforms everything in this game. I wished to create something strange and beautiful. Plus finally make use of Bane of the Winter King somehow and make it viable for Crucible. In conclusion this build is surprisingly great.

2. Yeah, Feral Hunger is what this one is built around. 470% Weapon damage and huge crit damage modifiers from Stormcaller's Pact, Dying God and Doombringer make Feral Hunger an absolute beast in case of crit damage per hit - 750k in campaign and 980k in Crucible (so far).

3. Yep, any WPS attack dealt with Savagery gets the conversion from lightning to cold. That's why it is applied to Upheaval too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Because he can. DW Korba is one of the strongest and most popular builds around and it becomes boring always using a well-established build
Cheers mate!

Last edited by veretragna; 06-05-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Tags
cold, savagery, trickster, two-handed, winter king