Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 07-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinqq View Post
Hey there,
I am still experimenting with both devotion setups. I cleared 150 with the leviathan route https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MD3l4N on my very first try, got bursted by Iron Maiden on my second though

I am not really looking for 170 clearing, its just too stressful for me lol. Would you say, if I want to stay at 150, that the Leviathan route would be good enough for speedy runs, or its not defensive enough even for those waves?

Also what do you think about Starfury Emerald/Runebinders Gem? Those amulets have such incredible stats for this build + the RoH modifiers, they seem better than Mageslayer protector to me, but problem is we need to take Scales of Beronath to max the RoH.
I'm not sure if you just got unlucky with IM or what, but usually between the high dodge chance and the PB + WoR heals coming in so frequently I don't usually have much trouble with her. I do find mark of divinity is the way to go to save you in those situations where things just go wrong. I've tried a bunch of different medals, including the one you are using, and I just find none are worth it to give up the circuit breaker. I think on a normal 170 run, my mark goes off probably 2-3 times on average.

I think your devotion route is fine if that's what you really want to play I don't see why it couldn't complete 150 without much issue. You are still missing out on a good amount of OA/DA compared to my route especially when procs are up though. If you are looking for safer runs try my route too and just see which you prefer, I think you'll find leviathan doesn't really make it much faster especially when you factor in the OA difference. Anyway just try both routes for a few runs, see which one works better for you or you enjoy more and go for it, nothing is set in stone.

As for the amulet I still think Mageslayer's is best in slot simply for the -15% elemental resit to veil of shadows, it's almost certainly contributing more damage than the +s on those other amulets. The +1 all inquisitor can't be overlooked either, it's giving me +11 total skill points. The choices you proposed are of course good for this build too, I just don't think they beat out Mageslayer's, but again go with what you like.

Hope that helps and that you're enjoying the build.

Last edited by Crabcakes; 07-13-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Initiate

Default Quick Question On Devotion

Hi,

Thanks for the build I am currently rocking this but as a new player leveling up. I have a question about Devotions. How are you able to branch out like you have without putting in all the points into the crossroads tree? It looks as if you only put 2 points into the tree.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memloch View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the build I am currently rocking this but as a new player leveling up. I have a question about Devotions. How are you able to branch out like you have without putting in all the points into the crossroads tree? It looks as if you only put 2 points into the tree.

Thanks!
Hi there. You can remove any devotion points from the tree using a Spirit guide (costs 1 Aether shard and some gold) or alternatively using special potion, which resets all points. Many constellations give bonus for completing them, so as long as the requirement for that particular constellation is met (including the bonus from the constellation itself), you can respec those points from crossroads.

Example: you want to complete a constellation, that requires 1 green point. First you put 1 green point into crossroads and then you complete the constellation. If the constellation will give you green point(s) bonus for completing it, you can then respec the one from crossroad.

Last edited by Aerinqq; 09-12-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinqq View Post
Hi there. You can remove any devotion points from the tree using a Spirit guide (costs 1 Aether shard and some gold) or alternatively using special potion, which resets all points. Many constellations give bonus for completing them, so as long as the requirement for that particular constellation is met (including the bonus from the constellation itself), you can respec those points from crossroads.

Example: you want to complete a constellation, that requires 1 green point. First you put 1 green point into crossroads and then you complete the constellation. If the constellation will give you green point(s) bonus for completing it, you can then respec the one from crossroad.
Thank you!
Old 09-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Initiate

Question rune of hagarrad

what is bette rinfiltrator or deceiver or mage hunter for rune of hagarrad
Old 09-13-2018, 02:17 PM
Initiate

Question rune of hagarrad

can i use rune of kalastor with rune of hagarrad ?
Old 09-13-2018, 02:25 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsNOdt99 View Post
can i use rune of kalastor with rune of hagarrad ?
Kalastor is less powerful rune than Hagarrad, but it provides huge AOE coverage.
Here's an example.
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Initiate

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Kalastor is less powerful rune than Hagarrad, but it provides huge AOE coverage.
Here's an example.
Thanks bro
that build you show me - he use nighblade and im use arcanist(magehunter)
my question if you know best secondary for runes
Ty for answer

Last edited by AsNOdt99; 09-13-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:02 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsNOdt99 View Post
Thanks bro
that build you show me - he use nighblade and im use arcanist(magehunter)
my question if you know best secondary for runes
Ty for answer
The best secondary class for runes depends on your primary damage type.
If it's cold, seek for cold and elemental resist reduction skills.
For cold you probably need Nightblade (cold RR), Shaman (elemental RR), Occultist (elemental RR).
If your primary damage if fire, you can use Demo, Shaman or Occultist.
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:38 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
The best secondary class for runes depends on your primary damage type.
If it's cold, seek for cold and elemental resist reduction skills.
For cold you probably need Nightblade (cold RR), Shaman (elemental RR), Occultist (elemental RR).
If your primary damage if fire, you can use Demo, Shaman or Occultist.
Ooh thanks so much Im new to this game =)

1 more question
I wanted to create some caster like Magehunter Aether damage from rune of Hagarrad
but
Deceiver/Apostate for vitality/elemental damage from Hagarrad (both have debuf resistance)

and Im not sure if I understood correctly
arcanist dont have any Aether or elemental debuf resistance only damage amplify

It's not a problem? Or it's better to think about another secondary class
sorry for my english
and Im grateful for help

Last edited by AsNOdt99; 09-14-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Tags
cold, crucible, duel wield, infiltrator, rune of hagarrad