Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Old 12-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Ascendant

Default GOG's acting weird

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/1...y-crews/47615/

TL;DR of the article-

GOG tweeted something about Terry Crews with the phrase PC Master Race, since they didn't use the word "glorious" I am guessing they weren't referring to us.
The tweet has ZERO offensive content in it and yet 3 people got triggered by it and in response cucks..err.. I mean GOG responded with an apology.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Herald

When are people going to learn, you NEVER apologize to the easily offended. Offense is taken, not given, and by apologizing you're just putting blood in the water.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
When are people going to learn, you NEVER apologize to the easily offended. Offense is taken, not given, and by apologizing you're just putting blood in the water.
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. If the corps really think these pampered shits are their actual customers then they desperately need a reality check

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Wonder how many of the protesters protested about all those female models in the ads section of oneangrygamer.net. That's what they really should have been protesting about.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:11 PM
Praetorian

My god what a bunch of morons. As if the term Master Race is specifically pointed toward blacks. It stems from the Nazi's and a little digging will show that many of white pigmentation didn't make the grade in Nazi Germany's eyes. Jews, anyone? For starters.

And then there is the whole missing the "PC Master Race" thing by people who clearly missed the boat on that meme. Are we that old that this is a thing people are no longer acquainted with? Then again, as I've noted in the past, many GoG devotees have me certain the majority reside in the Denver/Seattle areas, areas populated by massive amounts of SJW's and Were-bums. Factor this in and it all becomes self-explanatory.

I also love how the triggered people always invariably end up being white. Feeling ashamed? Don't. What happened hundreds of years ago isn't your fault. Get over it already and quit living in the past. Be proud of who you are and your roots.

No, GoG should not have apologized in the slightest. Instead they should have ridiculed the responders in to the dirt. That would have made me an instant fan. Not to be unfortunately.

Also, kickass on Terry Crews for going all in and joining the Master Race. Very cool to see a celeb go and build his own PC with his son. He's always been a favorite to me thanks to his awesome sense of humor.

Last edited by powbam; 12-27-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
Also, kickass on Terry Crews for going all in and joining the Master Race. Very cool to see a celeb go and build his own PC with his son.
Good post

On the topic of celebs, Elijah Wood is pretty decent gamer (basing this on Clueless Gamer - Final Fantasy. To lazy to link, sorry powbatman )

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Wonder how many of the protesters protested about all those female models in the ads section of oneangrygamer.net. That's what they really should have been protesting about.
Feeling out of the loop. Never heard of any controversy regarding that website, in fact never even heard of that website before today

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Champion

I wish sometimes that everyone taking part in the culture wars would live on another planet, safely removed from the rest of us.

Then I usually wake up.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Feeling out of the loop. Never heard of any controversy regarding that website, in fact never even heard of that website before today
Nope, glad to be out of the loop really. I've never heard of the site before either, but certainly didn't enjoy seeing those models out of the corner of my eye while I was reading the article.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Nope, glad to be out of the loop really. I've never heard of the site before either, but certainly didn't enjoy seeing those models out of the corner of my eye while I was reading the article.
Not even the worst ads I've ever seen though. Just not my cup of tea.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Not even the worst ads I've ever seen though.
People still see ads on the internet?