Old 10-18-2018, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

I think I like both equally these days. It took GD a long while to catch up to TQIT, but considering the game was still in development that's not really surprising. TQIT is simpler, but there's nothing wrong with that, the atmosphere is brighter (again nothing wrong with that) while GD is more complex, edgy and darker overall. TQIT wil always have a place in my heart because if I hadn't gotten into that game I would never had come across GD.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
I think I like both equally these days. It took GD a long while to catch up to TQIT, but considering the game was still in development that's not really surprising. TQIT is simpler, but there's nothing wrong with that, the atmosphere is brighter (again nothing wrong with that) while GD is more complex, edgy and darker overall. TQIT wil always have a place in my heart because if I hadn't gotten into that game I would never had come across GD.
And TQ takes longer to finito.

Stop hating me for saying finito instead of finish, god...

I don't play Crucible.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Supporter

I loved TQ but I can no longer go back to play it after playing Grim Dawn. It would feel like a downgrade. Like, where is my devotion system, or my rogue dungeons or my nemesis bosses? And honestly, despite greek/egipcian/asian mythology being cool, I find TQ's world building kind of unappealing and the story pretty bland. Other problem is that the game takes too long to complete at all the difficulties (and people complain about having to play GD's campaign three times). It's a great game but I think it's starting to show its age at many aspects.

Sent from my 6039A using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
And TQ takes longer to finito.

Stop hating me for saying finito instead of finish, god...
True, but then again you can never hit the level cap in a straight playthrough. Threw me the first time I did that in GD because I was only in the Asterkarn Valley when it happened with the rest of the base game and AoM Ultimate still to do. Really had to push myself to finish the game since there wasn't much of a reason for me to continue playing a finished character. Don't get me wrong I agree with Crate that characters should be finished. But in TQIT my character is still finished at L60-61ish because it's planned that way and that's the level I finish Legendary at.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:53 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by toapeiron View Post
I loved TQ but I can no longer go back to play it after playing Grim Dawn. It would feel like a downgrade. Like, where is my devotion system, or my rogue dungeons or my nemesis bosses? And honestly, despite greek/egipcian/asian mythology being cool, I find TQ's world building kind of unappealing and the story pretty bland. Other problem is that the game takes too long to complete at all the difficulties (and people complain about having to play GD's campaign three times). It's a great game but I think it's starting to show its age at many aspects.

In all seriousness, to me GD's world is so boring and somehow repetitive that I rather play on a world that takes 20 hours to complete and is enjoyable rather than a world that takes only 6 hours but has only few memorable places that make me like them. Basically, taking that in account makes GD way longer than TQ to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
True, but then again you can never hit the level cap in a straight playthrough. Threw me the first time I did that in GD because I was only in the Asterkarn Valley when it happened with the rest of the base game and AoM Ultimate still to do. Really had to push myself to finish the game since there wasn't much of a reason for me to continue playing a finished character. Don't get me wrong I agree with Crate that characters should be finished. But in TQIT my character is still finished at L60-61ish because it's planned that way and that's the level I finish Legendary at.
In Anniversary you can hit level 50 - 60 at normal, if you have Ragnarok. But yeah, in TQIT you had a little over 60 (67 in my case) after you completely finish the game.

I don't play Crucible.

Last edited by USER_NAME_01; 10-18-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:06 PM
Praetorian

Quote:

Act 1 is probably the worst in terms of length, and it becomes unbearable in repeated playthroughs. Not to mention hardly any distinct area, it's either green plains or tombs, it becomes visually draining.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Emissary

Quote:
I loved TQ but I can no longer go back to play it after playing Grim Dawn. It would feel like a downgrade. Like, where is my devotion system, or my rogue dungeons or my nemesis bosses? (...) It's a great game but I think it's starting to show its age at many aspects.
I hear you.
Everything I hated about TQ but put up with because I had to, jumps into my face if I try to play it again. I sometimes DO miss TQ, especially the maps were awesome, and it had dragons (well kinda), plus I am a little fed up with GD atm, but going back to TQ is not possible for me, alas.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Herald

If I had to play Grim Dawn for 1000+ hours exclusively I'd be throwing aetherial corruption into chtonic void. In the meantime there are new things to do in TQ since Immortal Throne. Ternion with vitality damage staves, physical caster battlemages that actually work, poison and bleed, traps are pets, new mastery, new weapon class, physical damage converted to elemental...

Act V is quality is a little below what it should have been, but if things get dull, checking Anniversary TQ is an option.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Champion

I like leveling in TQ, but once I get to farming stage I can no longer enjoy the game. MI farming in TQ is equal to D2 runefarming. Not something a living human can bare for long time .

Tags
titan quest