Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 04-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Speaker

Default Retaliation Warlord - Help me decide on a relic

I'm currently using Absolution but I've also seen some people use Serenity.
Now I wouldn't mind improving my defence but a circuit breaker with such a long CD just doesn't seem super useful. If I actually get close to dying it's because of some retarded inconvenient RNG when the game selects bosses. In those cases it's not unlikely that I'll fall down to low health multiple times during the same fight and then an 80 seconds breaker will not be very useful.

Absolution however maxes out both my recovery and block chance alongside being a great boost to my offence with very good uptime. It also has better passive stats in my opinion.
On the other hand Serenity will boost my Soldier tree with +1 which is arguably more valuable than the stats on Absolution.

Maybe there are more options I haven't considered, not dead set on using one of these if something else seems good.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:50 AM
Advocate

The cooldown attack on Honor is really strong, and makes a big addition to your DPS vs ranged-only bosses.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:55 AM
Champion

Honor is BiS. Absolution is for sentinels mostly. Since Overguard doesn't hurt retal (yet) there's no need holding back on the transmuter. And with OG up all the time half the Absolution's goodies are redundant.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
The cooldown attack on Honor is really strong, and makes a big addition to your DPS vs ranged-only bosses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Honor is BiS. Absolution is for sentinels mostly. Since Overguard doesn't hurt retal (yet) there's no need holding back on the transmuter. And with OG up all the time half the Absolution's goodies are redundant.
Just crafted it and gave it a try, it's great. Thanks guys.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Since Overguard doesn't hurt retal (yet) there's no need holding back on the transmuter.
OG transmuter not hurting retal makes sense. Does the global penalty also not hurt RDatA? If not that's pretty broken.

I'm still suspecting that RDatA doesn't get reflected which is another thing that makes this way too easy.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:32 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
OG transmuter not hurting retal makes sense. Does the global penalty also not hurt RDatA? If not that's pretty broken.
It doesn't right now, but in the next patch there will be a separate retaliation damage penalty stat added to it.