Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 04-18-2019, 01:00 AM
Supporter

Doombolt. Though favourites don't last forever.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:33 AM
Supporter

Can't choose just one overall, so here's one for each.

Soldier: Blitz for the aforementioned ragdolls flying
Demo: transmuted BWC, although it would easily be Canister Bomb for how it feels/plays if it didn't fall off so hard after Normal
Occultist: honestly Blood of Dreeg because never having to worry about poison resist, free physical resist, OA, AND a heal are amazing
Nightblade: Blade Spirit all the way and I haven't even tried them out as permanent summons
Arcanist: Callidor's Tempest for dat nova skill
Shaman: Wind Devil for the OG spin-to-win
Inquisitor: Aura of Censure for automatic X elemental skill synergy
Necromancer: skellie bros, even though I always found RE so much easier to build around, but it is kind of ugly
Oathkeeper: Vire's Might hands-down to usher in the era of real movement skills
devotions: I haven't played around with all of them enough to say for sure, but Falcon Swoop in its prime OP days or Eldritch Fire for its satisfying auto-spread that can actually kill trash mobs too and the juicy red aura
Old 04-18-2019, 01:44 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
Can't choose just one overall, so here's one for each.

Soldier: Blitz for the aforementioned ragdolls flying
Demo: transmuted BWC, although it would easily be Canister Bomb for how it feels/plays if it didn't fall off so hard after Normal
Occultist: honestly Blood of Dreeg because never having to worry about poison resist, free physical resist, OA, AND a heal are amazing
Nightblade: Blade Spirit all the way and I haven't even tried them out as permanent summons
Arcanist: Callidor's Tempest for dat nova skill
Shaman: Wind Devil for the OG spin-to-win
Inquisitor: Aura of Censure for automatic X elemental skill synergy
Necromancer: skellie bros, even though I always found RE so much easier to build around, but it is kind of ugly
Oathkeeper: Vire's Might hands-down to usher in the era of real movement skills
devotions: I haven't played around with all of them enough to say for sure, but Falcon Swoop in its prime OP days or Eldritch Fire for its satisfying auto-spread that can actually kill trash mobs too and the juicy red aura
I like this. Will copy. But my favorites shift around all the time.

Soldier: used to be FW but cadence's big hits have won me over.
Demo: mortars
Occultist: blood of Dreeg as well. Always loved the sound effect and bonuses it gives.
Nightblade: shadow strike and death's chill are tied.
Arcanist: hard to pick now. OFF mageslayer is very distinct feeling now and it's fresh for me so I pick that.
Shaman: totems. There are a lot of nuances to using them and I like how as a fight lingers you DMG builds up a bit due to setting more down.
Inquisitor: Rune of Hag.
Necromancer: another hard pick but I agree skellies. I wanted a skelly Necro in GD for so long during vanilla. I still appreciate that we got it and thematically it feels so right to play.
Oathkeeper: I appreciate Vire's but it's charm wore off a bit. Aegis of Menhir is my fave.
Devotion: meteor shower of course

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 110
World First Slayer of Callagadra, World First Slayer of FG secret boss
World First all achievements unlocked, World First Last-Secret-Getter
Old 04-18-2019, 02:13 AM
Counsel

Top 3 in no particular order:
  • Callidors Tempest. Didn't like it at all when I first tried it but I gave it another chance, it grew on me as I leveled up and now it's my favorite spam skill. Much fun when combined with a charge or teleport skill.
  • Summon Familiar because ravens are cool. The only other pets I like are Nemesis and Deathstalker but nothing beats the bird.
  • Aegis of Menhir, I really like that metallic "klonk!" sound it makes on hit, very satisfying
Old 04-18-2019, 02:36 AM
Initiate

Canister Bomb w/Fissure. My favorite thing in TQ was the Volcanic Orb + Eruption combo, and this is as close as I can come.