Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Developer Discussions

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 AM
Supporter

TIL that invisible squirrels helped improving Titan Quest.

Sent from my 6039A using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Or maybe you've stepped it up a bit and it's now an invisible Zantai in his zentai suit that is the trigger.
I didn't think zentai suits could get any creepier but I think you managed to figure out how to do it.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Whenever I tell people who've just bought the game or are thinking of buying it that Crate communicate regularly with the fan base via the GM's and live dev streams the reaction is always positive. They like the fact that Crate does tell people what's going on. To nick a comment from Zantai (mistress of quotations that I am ), it's working well for you. And I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard aren't kinda wishing they'd done the same.
I first discovered Crate and GD at about the same time as The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut was supposed to come out. I bought VH on GOG where the game wasn't actually released until eight months later. Neocore Games was largely silent during this and the few of us who bought it on GOG were left wondering when (or even if) we were going to get it. I'm sharing this because I'm trying to show how much it means to me to know that every two weeks I can at least get confirmation that you're still here and that we haven't been left to twist in the wind. So yeah, sometimes we get a little bitchy but we really do appreciate being kept in the loop.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:30 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salazar View Post
So yeah, sometimes we get a little bitchy but we really do appreciate being kept in the loop.
100 percent agree with that sentiment. I think that if Crate just keeps following that methodology they'll have no problem keeping on making us games, no matter if its another GD or a city-builder. It has worked out exceptionally well for them to this point and I see no good reason to change that aspect and sincerely hope they never do no matter what comes down the line.

Can't wait to see them begin the city-builder's version of Grim Misadventures.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #65  
Old 11-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
And if you're still in a question answering mood Medierra still using this hack?

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ing_tricks.php

Can't say I've noticed any squirrels lurking in GD, but then again being invisible you never know. Or maybe you've stepped it up a bit and it's now an invisible Zantai in his zentai suit that is the trigger.
Haha, no, we totally re-wrote the quest system for GD. Trying to make another game with the old TQ system would have been a nightmare and very limiting.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for answering that big M. Still sounds a pretty ingenious way to solve the problem at the time - says me who knows nothing about programming/game making.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Tags
crate