Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Champion

AAR of FoI both scale with cast speed. With AAR it's really important to cap it because the majority of its damage is flat. FoI has some flat damage but relatively much more dot, so cast speed is not as important but still obviously very useful to have.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:05 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
AAR of FoI both scale with cast speed. With AAR it's really important to cap it because the majority of its damage is flat. FoI has some flat damage but relatively much more dot, so cast speed is not as important but still obviously very useful to have.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Supporter

The grimtool has been updated to what I'm playing now. About 3200 OA and 3500 in fight.

The only encounter I can't bear is Lokarr (killed him a bunch of times but the fight is long and hard). Nemeses (what's the plural of Nemesis ?) and normal bosses are a walk in the park.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Supporter

I'm trying a new Devotion path, more RR oriented. As soon as my new Devotion procs are xp maxed, I will compare with Mad Queen, Nemeses and Lokarr encounters and update the guide if needed.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Supporter

Guide updated with a new Set-up: a more conventional devotion path with Harp and lots of RR.

I got the Mageslayer Set and with the 1.6.0 slight buffs on the set, Lokarr is now doable. Not in easy 20 second mode but doable with care.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:24 AM
Supporter

I edited this guide a last time. I made a few changes thanks to TzTz and his FoI Vindicator .

I came to the conclusion that, even with the buff in 1.0.6.0., the Mageslayer Set and FoI builds are OK but not powerful ebough. Especially with the huge investment in Mastery points needed.

I'm trying a the Runebinder Set now (WPS 2H ranged). Not even optimised, it feels way more efficient and Lokarr was surprisingly easy to take down.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:38 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzzzz View Post
I edited this guide a last time. I made a few changes thanks to TzTz and his FoI Vindicator .

I came to the conclusion that, even with the buff in 1.0.6.0., the Mageslayer Set and FoI builds are OK but not powerful ebough. Especially with the huge investment in Mastery points needed.

I'm trying a the Runebinder Set now (WPS 2H ranged). Not even optimised, it feels way more efficient and Lokarr was surprisingly easy to take down.
It's nice to hear if FoI build can take down Lokarr easily
I never tested my FoI for fighting Lokarr yet.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:24 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ Tz View Post
It's nice to hear if FoI build can take down Lokarr easily
I never tested my FoI for fighting Lokarr yet.
Lokarr with this FoI build isn't so difficult but long, not efficient and not fun.
WoP, Elgobox, then FoI; use your emergency abilities and kite/run waiting for the CD to comeback; kill the clones on the way; rinse and repeat.

I tested Lokarr with the Runebinder set and a 2h ranged WPS build + Rune of Hagarrad. And it's pretty good compared to FoI.

Tags
mage hunter