Old 09-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Initiate

Default Help │ Hilfe Controller?!

Hey there, I'm new to Grim Dawn.

I really enjoy playing with my XBox 360 Controller. But Houston has a problem... >.<
When skilling the attack-skills with the mouse, it works fine. Attacking works, everything works. BUT when using the controller, the fields for the attacks are grey and dont work at all. Why is it like this? I dont want that :c

Pls help me! :/

xo,
Lady Jancelot
Old 09-13-2018, 11:53 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jancelot View Post
Hey there, I'm new to Grim Dawn.

I really enjoy playing with my XBox 360 Controller. But Houston has a problem... >.<
When skilling the attack-skills with the mouse, it works fine. Attacking works, everything works. BUT when using the controller, the fields for the attacks are grey and dont work at all. Why is it like this? I dont want that :c

Pls help me! :/

xo,
Lady Jancelot
Hey welcome to the game and to the forums
Its no big problem, maybe you just have to realign these skills with the controller

Press "Back" on the controller and use the R shoulder button to go on skills and class trees.Press Y and reconfig the skills.

Maybe by Grey you mean that are skills from old items and now you removed that item with the skill? can you post a small pic?
Old 09-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Initiate

"Press "Back" on the controller and use the R shoulder button to go on skills and class trees.Press Y and reconfig the skills."
--> Yeah, uhm no, that works. But in the strip bottom side of the screen its not "available". Does is make sense? ^^'

I'll try to post a picture, when I found out how to do a screenshot.
(So embarrasing, I'm a gamer and I have nooo idea when it comes to technic etc. xd haha)

xo
Old 09-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Praetorian

If you're using Steam then F12 usually takes a screenshot for you. Hope this helps
Old 09-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Counsel

The controller basically has 3 menus.

1. Non-combat skill bar. The mouse sets the skills to this bar. It is only active when not in combat mode. Mouse can activate these when not in combat. This is what you have been mapping.

2. Combat skill bar/button mapping.
As mentioned above, the combat skills are mapped by using the controller to navigate to the skill menu and then press the controller Y button. This will bring up the the controller button layout ( and this is what you will seen at the bottom when in combat - currently it is grey because nothing is mapped )

While in the "Y" menu, pressing the right stick brings up the second map bar. There are primary and secondary button maps, which basically allows you to have 2 maps and twice the buttons for skills. You can both map and clear skills in this way. The default swap key in battle is the right stick.

Note that the button layout allows for extra buttons that some controllers have. The xbox controller does not have these so don't worry about the not being able to assign those extra buttons. Edit: er, you can assign them...but you won't have the buttons to trigger these.

Once in the button menu, navigate to the button with the left joystick, press A to pick a button to map, scroll down the list with the joystick, A to select a skill. Repeat.
It can be easy to accidentally leave the button map menu and navigating takes a bit of getting used to.
3. The default controller button settings (portal, map, swap weapon, drink health/mana etc) can further be reassigned in the game options menu, key mapping.

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 09-13-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammyhamster1 View Post
The controller basically has 3 menus.

1. Non-combat skill bar. The mouse sets the skills to this bar. It is only active when not in combat mode. Mouse can activate these when not in combat. This is what you have been mapping.

2. Combat skill bar/button mapping.

As mentioned above, the combat skills are mapped by using the controller to navigate to the skill menu and then press the controller Y button. This will bring up the the controller button layout shown at the bottom when in combat.

While in the "Y" menu, pressing the right stick brings up the second map bar. There are primary and secondary button maps, which basically allows you to have 2 maps and twice the buttons for skills. You can both map and clear skills in this way. The default swap key in battle is the right stick.

Note that the button layout allows for extra buttons that some controllers have. The xbox controller does not have these so don't worry about the not being able to assign those extra buttons.

3. The default controller button settings (portal, map, swap weapon, drink health/mana etc) can further be reassigned in the game options menu, key mapping.

Omg, i love you so so so much! <3 Thx! I didnt know that! <3 It worked, thanks! ahhhhh i'm happy ^-^

Tags
controller