Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Counsel

Default Bysmiel's Trinkets are gonna need a buff

I've been doing some theory crafting with the new jewelry set for Forgotten Gods 'Bysmiel's Trinkets' which looks potentially fun but is really hard to optimise a build around...

I feel like to occupy your Amulet/Medal and BOTH ring slots there needs to be more helpful modifiers/traits or skills than what they currently have.

I think they are really cool and there's some cool conversion traits there, especially when paired with Bysmiel's Mindweaver and Stormbringer of Malmouth, but I feel like it just needs a tiny bit more to make it worth replacing the huge amount of awesome looking amulets/rings/medals coming in FG

Here's an example build I put together - Conjurer focusing on the Familiar and Storm Totem - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E8Wn7N
Here's on that focuses more on pets and the damage conversion from the items used - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKypEjV

It's likely I'm just bad at making pet builds, but would like to know what other people think of the set and what they think could be done to improve it.

Last edited by Tazor; 03-21-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:58 PM
Champion

I honestly wouldn't touch it until after release and we have had a chance to see how it performs.

I had theorycrafted a few builds using those and there are only 2 things I am worried about:

o) Mana for Primal Spirit + Wind Devils
o) Aggro since we no longer have Beastcaller's and double Briarthorns to hide behind.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:00 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
I honestly wouldn't touch it until after release and we have had a chance to see how it performs.
This.

Wait for Forgotten Gods and actually try it out first, you will be able to give more detailed feedback if you do. Your feedback will also be taken more seriously based on practical tests than pure theory
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:06 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
Wait for Forgotten Gods and actually try it out first, you will be able to give more detailed feedback if you do. Your feedback will also be taken more seriously based on practical tests than pure theory
This /10char
Old 03-22-2019, 12:13 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
This /10char
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post

I had theorycrafted a few builds using those and there are only 2 things I am worried about:

o) Mana for Primal Spirit + Wind Devils
o) Aggro since we no longer have Beastcaller's and double Briarthorns to hide behind.
Thanks for the replies all, duly noted.