Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 03-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Counsel

I am gonna be frank, is there another version of items for people who don't use item crafting tools ?

Last edited by Pyroscar; 03-21-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopranos View Post
okay guys, i took your advice and will post updated pictures tomorrow. i gotta say, major improvements were made, and the results are ridiculous! a hefty amount more adcht, dps, +chaos damage and rr. devotions have been reworked as well
Is it tomorrow already?
Old 03-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroscar View Post
I am gonna be frank, is there another version of items for people who don't use item crafting tools ?
You don't need to cheat those. You can simply farm them. Just takes some luck and a lot of time.

But this is how a version of this build could look like without too many MI items:

Spoiler!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170321114550_1.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	13931  

Builds. Runs. Guides.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:53 PM
Speaker

Okay! The guide is now updated with all the changes. Notably, I swapped out both weapons, so our first weapon is Master's Spellblade of Fury. I took that specific suffix for its attack speed. Abyss was initially suggested for its rr abilities, however, I wouldn't be able to cap attack speed with that suffix, so Fury it is. Only way I could manage to hit 200%. Second change, I switched my second Bloodlord Blade for Fang of Ch'thon. This gives us innate chaos, adcth and +1 to Occultist skills. It's ability when it activates, which we have 100% up-time, gives us an additional 33% adcth and -20 chaos resistance. Oh yeah! We socket it with Haunted Steel because we want even MORE innate adcth AND its granted skill gives us 24% adcth... jesus christ talk about never seeing our health bar move! Third change is one of the rings. We switch out General's Cronley's Signet of the Untamed for an Imposing Cronley's Signet of Solael's Malice because of the +1 Solael's Witchfire, innate +chaos damage and crazy crazy crazy health boost. Fourth change made is the removal of the 3 points in Consecrated Blade. We take those 3 points and put them in Deadly Momentum to gives us some more Cadence damage. Fifth change made was towards the devotions, because I fucked them up in the initial post. Dropped the useless Kraken, allocated those points into Jackal for the attack speed, and picked up Eel because we needed the blues and it gives us good defensive bonuses.

As a result of these changes, we see a massive increase in reduced resistances for enemies, resulting in quicker kill times. We picked up ~7k sheet dps, an additional 200 chaos damage, dropped about 140ish OA which is totally fine, we're still at 3100+ lol, DA goes up slightly, as does our health thanks to the new ring. All in all, if you thought the build was good before, these changes bring it to a whole new level of absurdity. Enjoy!

edit: I really need to make a video to showcase this build, any good recommendations for a free recording program?

Last edited by Sopranos; 03-21-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Herald

Nice work.
Replace Haunted steel into Master's Spellblade for getting more lifesteal from second hand.
For recording you can use OBS program.

Last edited by korsar; 03-21-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsar View Post
Nice work.
Replace Haunted steel into Master's Spellblade for getting more lifesteal from second hand.
For recording you can use OBS program.
thank you!

time to make some videos to showcase this build
Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Initiate

What about boots, Your Dark Majesty? You switched those fancy Stonehide of Kings snickers for Harvest Footpads (I guess) and didn't tell your minions about it in your gearing section? How cruel!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDuke View Post
What about boots, Your Dark Majesty? You switched those fancy Stonehide of Kings snickers for Harvest Footpads (I guess) and didn't tell your minions about it in your gearing section? How cruel!
Keen eye disciple, very keen. However, those were just a cheap pair of nothings I bought to temporarily wear while my beloved stonehide boots were getting polished, too much blood and guts were staining them red. They were a decent contemporary pair to wear while I played with my other armor and trinkets, but the stonehides are still the best.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:10 PM
Initiate

Yay! Heavy man-stompers instead of those filthy farmer's rags for our Chaos Incarnate!

In all honesty, take my sincerest gratitude, mr. Sopranos! Since..like what? B31, I suppose, I dreamt about melee chaos juggernaut (Howdy, WH40k fan here!) and now..oh my, dreams came true! I'm hailing your Dark Intent, mr. Sopranos
Old 03-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Initiate

oh, quick question!
Why not Essence of Ch'thon instead of Rifstorm? OA, I know..but there is still plenty, why not more rr? Or is there something to do with "essence's rr doesn't stack with X"?

Tags
witchblade