Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
MI, dropped by those insectoid ch'thonians in the new void areas
Oh, i see. Im not too familiar with what the expansion has to offer yet. I've only got about 3-4 hours playtime there.

Where do you reckon the five extra devotion points should go?
I'm tempted to pick up the three first Ulzuin's torch nodes tbh.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:45 AM
Supporter

Bumping this one.

Does anyone have any new input to this build?

Manticore for rr with the loss of master spellblade?
Could Guardians gaze (eye of the guardian constellation) be useful somehow?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Acolyte

Maybe manticore devo with Mythical Voidblade if the servitors axe is hard to find? Seems like a large increase to chaos dmg

Makti si må
ein mann med vit
hovsamt og høveleg bruke.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormundgandr View Post
Maybe manticore devo with Mythical Voidblade if the servitors axe is hard to find? Seems like a large increase to chaos dmg
The Mythical Voidblade is still a caster weapon, DPS seems lower than the Mythical Fang of Cthon's. And the Master's Spellblade was a choice weapon due to the flat Chas RR.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Herald

Take it, bro https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWyz77N
Old 01-14-2018, 09:35 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsar View Post
Impressive. How is it working out?

Makti si må
ein mann med vit
hovsamt og høveleg bruke.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:02 AM
Herald

Cool, ofc. Can't be different.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:40 PM
Initiate

Gonna make my little effort to keep this build relevant, since it's my main and I've been finding it a blast to play. After exhaustive farming and tinkering around with different pieces of gear, I've come to some conclusions. Mind that my character only has the permanent buffs active for the attached screenshots (field command, counter strike, Solael's witchfire, possession). Blood of Dreeg kicks the total dps up by 14k+ without any other external buffs, and adds a good amount of OA to round up to a proper number. Blood of Dreeg is expected to be refreshed and up constantly.
  • Darkblaze Source: I'd easily call this new amulet a must for this build, seeing how it adds attack speed and a total conversion from acid to chaos damage to Blood of Dreeg. And I haven't even mentioned the devastating chaos damage aoe active skill you get from it, which adds to the build's lacking aoe. Invaluable addition to an already pure chaos character
  • Voidheart: Personally swapped out the "Demonic-of the Untamed" ring for this one. Similar stats, GREAT boost to chaos damage, and an auto applying debuff to chaos resist
  • Servitor's Corruptor: This one could be subjective or based on the particular build you're on, but I find the +2 to cadence and the 100% conversion from physical to chaos damage for cadence too good to pass on, plus a raw increase in the ability's chaos damage
  • Benn'jahr's pauldrons instead of Maiden's, at least if you can get your hands on a +5 cadence badge of mastery
  • Obviously, stonehide stoneplate greaves of kings, almost a must at this point
  • Swapping out one of the Outcast's Riftstorm enchantments for an Essence of Ch'thon has proven very effective in adding to the general resist debuff this build relies on without losing any damage or significant amount of OA

On the extra skill points, I personally decided to max out curse of frailty + vulnerability. I've been considering using the skill points for something else, but I haven't really found a better option, curse of frailty doesn't affect chaos resistance, but it's an overall great debuff that will help with crowd control, and increase the damage your allies in multiplayer will deal more significantly than your own.

For devotions, I added the Wretch constellation plus complete Ghoul's "Ghoulish Hunger" (when this one procs you become pretty much unkillable for its duration as long as you have something to focus down). I personally didn't find Manticore necessary since Essence of Ch'thon, Fang of Ch'thon, Voidheart, Solael's flame and Eldritch fire (plus the Cursed Tincture new consumable) already stack up more than enough to make a significant dent even on high chaos resistance enemies.

As for stat points, you can follow the OP's general principle, maybe diverting a few points so you have the bare minimum spirit to wield the fang of Ch'thon (421 with the -15% requirement decrease).

I keep working on trying to improve this build, but for now it seems perfectly viable except for the most brutal new nemesis (specifically Grava'Thul). I'd welcome any opinions that could help improve the general layout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	17911   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	17912   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	17913   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	17914  

Last edited by Themis; 01-29-2018 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Correcting the name of one of the items

Tags
witchblade