Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 07-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelgodstoya View Post
i always thought that this game has so much vitality dmg oriented items but still no 2handed vitality dmg item or any set that converts savagery lightning dmg to vit yet? incredible right ?
2x Decree of Malmouth or Wildblood crusher
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
2x Decree of Malmouth or Wildblood crusher
ill take this as a joke, cause it should be
Old 07-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Speaker

How would this compare to a RE cabalist with Dark Ones both in power and surviveability?

Cabalist would certainly have less rr (swarm is just insane with -70%) and less healing from skills, but cof+vuln as a whole isnt shabby either, BoD is amazing sustain and posession would be the better exclusive imho. Lots of gear also seems to favour the cabalist, esp. if you dont have the full Valguurs.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:14 PM
Praetorian

I don't think it would be as good, it would be a very different build at least.
Ths build relies on the 18k+ HP before Crucible buff to survive burst and leech things back instantly, without all the HP on Valguur set and Shaman skills, your pool would be a lot lower.

You also lose a lot of RR from no DS and Valguur set bonus and I don't think the Dark One set is a good replacement for an RE build, the 15% Reduced target's Damage on the gloves to BP is wasted for example because you have RE.

You could probably make a viable build with it but it would be completely different from this and most likely weaker in both offense and defense because of above reasons.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:13 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by allufewi View Post
How would this compare to a RE cabalist with Dark Ones both in power and surviveability?

Cabalist would certainly have less rr (swarm is just insane with -70%) and less healing from skills, but cof+vuln as a whole isnt shabby either, BoD is amazing sustain and posession would be the better exclusive imho. Lots of gear also seems to favour the cabalist, esp. if you dont have the full Valguurs.
Sadly if you like RE the pox bonuses on Dark Ones are more trap than anything. Although bonespike x 2 and dark ones ritualist is definitely the easy-ish gearing option for RE. Lets you go from zero to hero by normal homestead with most items you'll need being targetable.Something like this
Old 07-16-2018, 05:15 AM
Initiate

Love the idea of this build and would love to try it out but i'm fairly new. Any chance of a leveling guide? Like what order to spend skill points, what order to get devotions, leveling equipment to look for, components, etc. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-16-2018, 05:43 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurlock View Post
Love the idea of this build and would love to try it out but i'm fairly new. Any chance of a leveling guide? Like what order to spend skill points, what order to get devotions, leveling equipment to look for, components, etc. Thanks in advance!
Having just leveled RE myself...id recommend using summon skeletons until level 12-15, respec to RE once you finish bat devotion (bat being your number one priority) once you reach mountian depths and can get bonespikes use dual wield bonespikes (use a melee dw relic) until you can get full valgurr set. Your important skills will be Ravenous Earth (first and third nodes), spectral binding/wrath, devouring swarm, and heart of the wild. Other skills can wait. Once you are comfortable with your main RE skill fill in the others on an as needed basis - ie feeling squishy get heart/binding, bosses living too long get devouring swarm/wrath.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silben View Post
Sadly if you like RE the pox bonuses on Dark Ones are more trap than anything. Although bonespike x 2 and dark ones ritualist is definitely the easy-ish gearing option for RE. Lets you go from zero to hero by normal homestead with most items you'll need being targetable.Something like this
Yup, I asked mainly because the Dark Ones is so easily accessible. Inferior or not, I will still try it I guess. Cant let all that pox-bonuses go to waste on a ritualist.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Supporter

ditching Manticore's acid spray to max out foul eruption instead is a bad call and they don't stack, right?
It seems like I forgot some important stuff while I was gone.

edit: I really asked this a few months back and digged up the explanation Chthon gave me back then:
"Foul Eruption isn't a reliable source of RR as it requires Ravenous Earth to kill your enemy to proc Foul Eruption."

Either way, looks like a solid build and I love the skills used. Great job!

Last edited by Psykrom; 07-16-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykrom View Post
ditching Manticore's acid spray to max out foul erruption instead is a bad call and they don't stack, right?
It seems like I forgot some important stuff while I was gone.
They don't stack no. I'd say it's a bad call as Foul Eruption only goes off when Ravenous Earth kills something whereas Acid Spray can be triggered consistently so is more reliable.

Tags
ritualist