Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Champion

Ah, now I understand. Damn, so everything min-maxed already, great job.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:32 AM
Champion

Added Crusible-related stuff.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:27 PM
Initiate

The build is, of course, quite original for a DW, and you're a source of great inspiration Ptiro
I'm gonna lay down a question though that is haunting me: isn't that armor value a bit too low, especially for the Crucible?
I'm seeing a lot of high-rated builds on this forum with all the biggest numbers, but kinda neglected armor. While I can understand that some of them compensate with high "absorb damage" / "reduced enemy damage" / DA values, some others, like this one, don't have any of the like, except perhaps something like Mark of Torment, which, while powerful, wont have a 100% uptime, even with Aeon's.

I'm sorry if this question might sound stupid to some veterans here, I'm really only trying to understand better.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:39 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkez View Post

I'm sorry if this question might sound stupid to some veterans here, I'm really only trying to understand better.
His build leeches A LOT. That's how he survives, deep enough HP pool in order not to get murdered too quickly, enough DA to avoid crits from big hitters, and monster leech coupled with leech RR from Staff of Rattosh and Reaping STrike.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
I'm gonna lay down a question though that is haunting me: isn't that armor value a bit too low, especially for the Crucible?
You just made my day Thnx, man, I need to wipe my tears

This build is not Crusible farmer. Its a glass-canon concept. I did 170 run just to prove my skillz, and get some adrenaline from close-death experience, nothing more .
On serious note :
Armor is just flat mitigation that work after %phyz resist and before DMG absorbtion. Due to amount of dmg dealt by AoM nemesises this mechanic became pointless for caster-armor users. If you receive 15K phyz hit it dosent matter if you wear 1k armor with 70% absorb or 2K armor with 100% absorb- this shit will kill you in 2 hits. It start to kick-in past 3500+ with some extra juice from %phyz resist but , well, you need to wear something heavy and be soldier to feel it.
So how do poor low-armor chars survive? Well, you need something effective to reduce incoming dmg and something effective to replenish your life. Il omen reduce incoming phyz dmg by 25% - dropping 15K hits down to 11,25. Its good, but not nearly enough. MoT reduce incoming dmg by 57% , so if we stack them together 15k hit transform intro 4,9k hit. So, now we can survive 5 hits instead of 2. And that's when ADCTH came in play - we replenish our entire lifepool with every hit. That's how we survive the madness of high level crucible.
Keep in mind that such playstile require some special skill and positioning awareness. If you try mindlessly yolo-facetank you will die almost immediately.

Last edited by Ptirodaktill; 04-28-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
His build leeches A LOT. That's how he survives, deep enough HP pool in order not to get murdered too quickly, enough DA to avoid crits from big hitters, and monster leech coupled with leech RR from Staff of Rattosh and Reaping STrike.
Ya, I did notice that he leeched a lot, but in all honesty I didn't think it possible to actually outheal the Crucible armies with a lifeleech build... plus it sounds extraordinarily risky for anything with some form of CC. But alright, I got my answer, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
You just made my day Thnx, man, I need to wipe my tears
Well, I did say it might have sounded stupid to someone with more knowledge than me...

Anyway, thank you for the explanation.

Last edited by Valkez; 04-28-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Champion

Valkez
Sorry, didn't mean to offend :roll: . But after hellish dual-rapist wave 170 it was just too funny
Old 04-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkez View Post
Ya, I did notice that he leeched a lot, but in all honesty I didn't think it possible to actually outheal the Crucible armies with a lifeleech build... plus it sounds extraordinarily risky for anything with some form of CC. But alright, I got my answer, thank you
You would be surprised what vitality build can do then. Both caster and melee can outleech 2 nemesis at the same time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2018, 05:20 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
You would be surprised what vitality build can do then. Both caster and melee can outleech 2 nemesis at the same time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Only with huge lifepool , lots of dmg and MoT chaincasting or %phyz res stacking. Even then its nowhere near Spellbinder immortality or DA stacking.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:23 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Valkez
Sorry, didn't mean to offend :roll: . But after hellish dual-rapist wave 170 it was just too funny
I know you made it, I saw the vids. I just couldn't understand the "how". Thought armor had more impact overall. Meh, nevermind then.

Tags
ritualist