Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Initiate

Default Necro/Shaman, Aether/Vit - Build, could need some help

Hello Guys,

I'm Bezar and new to this forum and game.
First of all, sorry for my bad english. As I'm new to this please don't use shortcuts for skills etc., I'm not confirm with all of them...

I read and watched a lot of guides until now, so i know i run a harder way than needed for my first character.

Right now i played ~ 10 hours, killed Krieg (without die, but problems because melee...).

My build:

I want to got for a main aether, second vitalitydmg character.
Savagery is used as mainattack together with the bat-skill (read that this is a good starter constellation).
Reaping strike and the first 2 auraabilities from necro are also skilled.
For earlygame I skilled raise skeletons because they make most of the game easy, don't know if i remove them later... i want, but they are helpfull...
AoE abilities are lightning nova from componentskills (just a filler) and my bread and butter skill siphon soul.

Final build will be something like:

- Savagery (constellation unknown) with the trans to aetherdmg, i read that this is possible even when i don't know how until now.

- Reaping strike (con unknown)

- Siphon soul, blood boil (Rattosh, the Warden) and maybe trans to aether.

- Spectral binding / spectral wrath (defensive con)

- maybe mark of torment

- Harbringer of souls (con unknown)

- Wendigo totem (con unknown, i read everywhere this is strong...)

Now to my problems:

1. I'm not sure if i should go for a 2H weapon or if i should jeep 1H+shield, because I dont know all the items?

2. I've problems with the constellations, for sure Rattosh, the Warden is my GO TO constellation linked to siphon soul, but i dont know how much T3/T2 constellations i can complete in lategame and which T2 i should go for (towards Rattosh T3)??

Chariot of the death, (Alladrahs phoenix, sounds cool but is more fire...), Harvestmans scythe, Behemoth... for T2 there are some more, but as i don't know if i go with skeletons/2H or not its hard to decide.

3. I don't know which ability should be my second attack? Is siphon souls enough?

My target is something like a blooddeathknight, go in, stay alive and decrease enemies health while healing myself up.

Thanks for your answers.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Counsel

For savagery lightning damage to aether dmg:
Conduit of Wild Whispers
100% Lightning Damage converted to Aether Damage to Savagery << this is just one of the possible prefixes you can get on this item, and the item itself require, above anything else, lvl 94 to be equipped.

Now about your questions:

1> i think it's more straightforward to go 2h since you get some physical resistance and some free damage both from the transmuter of savagery itself and the 2handed line of skills (Brute Force, Feral Hunger and Upheaval). Also you're not a soldier and a shield would not be as useful.

2> http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jBrAj2 << A very, very rough example on how you should develop your char, devetion-wise. Of course if you don't go 2h remove kraken

3> If i got your question right, Savagery itself is enough in most cases. I would try to maximize it first, then see if you have spare points to develop another ability.

Anyway the "bat-skill" thing made my day
Old 11-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Initiate

Okay this will be a very late Goal to Switch the dmgtype...

Do you think ist worth to skill this attackproccs, with physicaldmg/bleed/lightning, when i Focus on vitality/aether?

This would be my basicbuild... http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlqBgRZ

Last edited by Bezar; 11-01-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Initiate

Widow and Solemn watcher are fine, but why would you go for Manticore is this so strong by itself, mistake or what?

Ghoul and Wendigo Looks also nice for a meleebuild...

Last edited by Bezar; 11-01-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Initiate

just a placeholder
Old 11-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Counsel

Acid Spray from manticore give you a flat reduction to ALL the enemy's resistances, and these include Aether and Vitality of course. So it's not a mistake

Wedigo can be ..nice i guess if you can bind it to an aoe skill with decent coverage. Ghoulish Hunger is also nice by itself but it has a 1/5 uptime at most, cuz the large cooldown. Never found these particularly useful unless you really plan to make a build entirely focused on life leech.

"attackproccs" mean savagery?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Initiate

Ok didn't see the debuff from Manticore.

No i mean the entire Brute Force talents.

I just picked ghoul because i need the red points for Rattosh... need to figure out, how i can unlock Behemoth... this devotion is very hard to.... mmmh.... get the overview.

A tool would be nice, where i can choose a T2 or T3 and then it creates some/all possible paths for this.

Last edited by Bezar; 11-01-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 PM
Counsel

"Feral Huger" is similar to "Reaping Strike", so if you want to leech both complements well. The lightning damage on Brute Force, since it's general added dmg, should be converted as well with that amulet, but only when you use savagery- will check this as these new conversion items are... new to me. You may only lose the physical damage on these skills, unless you find an aether/vitality based 2handed weapon that also has like 50% physical converted to one of these two damage types, plus some other gear that can give similar conversion.

And Behemot require 11 points but give you 5 back in the affinities you need anyway.

EDIT: ok, i just tested it and the amulet's conversion seem to be ..... bugged? it convert nothing into aether

Last edited by ETK; 11-01-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Initiate

The entire game is a tiny bit overcomplicated.... its nice, but a bit too much, the tooltips should be more detailed...

When i have a weapon that converts x%physicaldmg to aether(or something else), what happens to a talent like Feral Hunger, does it deal 110% physical&aether dmg or does it only take physical part because aether is magicaldmg?

The tooltip should show all parts and sources;

[(50physicaldmg+{+%physicaldmg from items/talents etc.} + 50aetherdmg+{+%aetherdmg from items/talents etc.}) x 110% weapondmg] x 30% to all dmg.... or something like this... the result can be extremly different

At the end, the game has a bit too many factors...
Old 11-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Counsel

Weapon damage is just a total multiplier of the damage you would do with a regular attack, and also carry all the effect you would apply with that attack. So yes, you would deal both physical and aether damage if we follow your example.

And about the game itself.... yeah, it can be confusing, however only for a short time. I also agree that the design could have been more... polished, but this is what we have and imho the game is nice enough for us to deal with these minor issues and carry on A perfect game don't exist after all.

Anyway in case you skipped it, I TESTED THAT AMMY AND IT IS NOT WORKING AT THE MOMENT. It does nothing, even if this will probably be fixed in the next patch.

Tags
ritualist