Old 01-12-2018, 11:50 AM
Acolyte

Default Necromancer build

So been playing around with the necromancer its fun but having a few issues with build's...(seriously running out of money to redo skills ha ha.) Have so far found the most success with Spectral binding and its modifier maxed out,and have harbinger of death maxed out and a point into the first weapon skill (Not sure I'm sticking with weapon skills). I have some in siphon souls just for some healing and damage mostly have been letting enemies well kill themselves on me and swiping with my omen sword thinking of either going Ritualist for the totems and another healing source (I love that healing totem) or Cabalist which while it has the sigil not sure its as good life drain/healing wise as the totem though I do like a good few occultist spells. Either way I'd be going a heavy focus on vitality damage not really a summoner type as I like a more active role now if there's a summoner where I can cast spells on enemies or attack enemies as well as summon I'd be all too willing to try that.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM83 View Post
So been playing around with the necromancer its fun but having a few issues with build's...(seriously running out of money to redo skills ha ha.) Have so far found the most success with Spectral binding and its modifier maxed out,and have harbinger of death maxed out and a point into the first weapon skill (Not sure I'm sticking with weapon skills). I have some in siphon souls just for some healing and damage mostly have been letting enemies well kill themselves on me and swiping with my omen sword thinking of either going Ritualist for the totems and another healing source (I love that healing totem) or Cabalist which while it has the sigil not sure its as good life drain/healing wise as the totem though I do like a good few occultist spells. Either way I'd be going a heavy focus on vitality damage not really a summoner type as I like a more active role now if there's a summoner where I can cast spells on enemies or attack enemies as well as summon I'd be all too willing to try that.
grimtools.com/calc/a2EOb5bZ
Cast swarm, totem and drain essence
Old 01-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Acolyte

Seriously drain essence? I tried that and it does so little damage and just "feels" off I LOVED the idea of it but in practice doesn't work so well least from my attempts at it. How do you make it work well?
Old 01-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Seriously drain essence? I tried that and it does so little damage and just "feels" off I LOVED the idea of it but in practice doesn't work so well least from my attempts at it. How do you make it work well?

a lot of vitality damage and ether converted to vitality (25%)
And much draind health, plus totem heal and dmg). Link build 1 my post.

and mmm Reaper poison and acid build link: grimtools.com/calc/aZqG39M2 (Main attak mouse Harvest and kd attack trigger, nice dmg and bad defence (dodge and blight fiend save), i 30lvl need more lvl test)

Last edited by spherelord; 01-12-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Initiate

Quote:
I am currently levelling two different DE builds (one for single player and one for multiplayer with my son). Both of them do ridiculous amounts of damage but with a pretty steep energy cost. Early levels will need some gear with energy regen but it gets easier as you go. Level Drain Essence as you can deal with the energy requirements. For Hungering Reach and Decomposition you get three levels for each energy increase so make sure you have them at the level right before the increase. I generally have my Vitality to Aether bonuses at about 2:1 currently.

Single player Cabalist: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4w3r5Z Level 66 sheet DPS: 56K

Multiplayer Ritualist: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOgObYN Level 42 sheet DPS: 14K

Last edited by SnordCranston; 01-12-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Tags
cabalist, necromancer, ritualist, vitality damage, vitality decay