Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Old 02-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Acolyte

Divinity Original Sin 2 is probably the best RPG I will play for a long while. What a fascinating game and world it is. About 20 hours in on classic difficulty and I can't get enough, even with a few bugs here and there

I was always a big fan of Baldur's Gate(s) and Planescape Torment, and I think this finds a very nice medium between the two
Old 02-06-2018, 04:25 AM
Emissary

You could try Sacred. It is still my all time favourite ARPG.

It can be a little buggy, (save often!) but the fan patches may have fixed many of them. It has been a while since I last played it.

There is also Sacred 2...which I still havent got to after all these years...sometime I'll get to it...sometime...

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 08-20-2018, 08:44 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboii2 View Post
Hi everyone here on this forum.
I am interested in finding RPG games that is really nostalgic.

I have looked some time after games that resemple Diablo 2 and 3.
I have in my search for a new RPG game found Titan quest and this Grim Dawn, which looks like RPG games that I would like to play.

I have played and finished both Diablo games (and yes more than once in same campaign)I have also looked at Torchlight and Path Of Exile.

I have tried other semi like RPG games like "Baldurs Gate" which did not make my blood boil ... sadly and I have heard about a "semi" low key game called "Dreadmire" (Vr game) that is not released yet)) which I hope can help me BUUT - I wanna play more RPG games NOW!!

So here comes my question - now that you guys have heard about my lifestory.

Can you recommend any nostalgic RPG games for a RPG gamer that is looking for the Thrill like old times?

Hope you guys can help me.
Thank you.
Path of Exile and Grim Dawn are my go to ARPGs. Damn I love them. :3
Old 08-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Supporter

Have you tried Pillars of Eternity? The first one is very good. The second one I can't really comment because I have not got far enough into it. Tyranny is also good, the spell creation is awesome.

Presumably you played Dragon Age games? Origins + Inquisition (Latter is best with difficulty mod I find).

Legend of Heroes series are nice turn based RPG to try out.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen also quite fun.

Van Helsing Final Cut is OK only if you use the popular balance mod imo (skill mechanics bugs really aggravate me). Victor Vran is quite fun too.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Speaker

Divine Divinity is by far the best old school hack n slash game if you dont count the diablo series. Imo its better than divinity OS, I dont really enjoy turn based that much after discovering hack n slash.

Nox is another little known game that was actually pretty good back in the day, not forgetting sacred 2 of course another classic (please dont even look up sacred 3). Theres also Van helsing, imo Victor Vran is a better game, but you said old school right? So dungeon siege 2 might fit the bill i enjoyed it more than pillers of eternity tbh.

Or there is another game ive followed for years but never really got into to much, called Exanima.

Im sure there is a few more old ones ived played and just cant think of there names. Any way hopefully there is a game here ive mentioned to get you some good gaming hours in, there pretty much all solid games, more or less.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Counsel

In old school ARPG there is Sacred 1 which is isometric and a bigger open world compared to lots of isometric ARPG games. Has a unique feel/humor/art. Sacred 2 is another big open world ARPG but not isometric has rotating camera 3 dimensions.

Last edited by claudius; 09-13-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Speaker

Torchlight 1 and 2

Tags
diablo 3, dungeon, dungeon crawler, help me, rpg