Old 10-31-2010, 02:33 AM
Herald

I hated the D2 PvP system. There was no consent, simply go Hostile and destroy whoever you wanted.

There should be consent between both players before anyone gets to attack. At least in this way there won't be any PKing.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Lord Advocate

PVP in a game which relies on client-based servers will never work or do anything at all for the game. Everyone can and will hack or use hacked items (they already do whenever they can on closed servers).

I don't care much for pvp in these games, but I really don't think it would increase the game's popularity if its not based on closed servers.

Only if there will be closed servers one day, than yea, sure, pvp can add a lot to the longevity of the game.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Herald

PVP will be a fun diversion for friends that trust one another, but obviously not competitive due to the hacking/cheats issue. I wouldn't mind taking part in some PVP with some of the members of this site though. You guys wouldn't cheat on me... would you?
Old 11-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
I don't care much for pvp in these games, but I really don't think it would increase the game's popularity if its not based on closed servers.
Something interesting to note, when Diablo went to 1.08 or 1.09 (can't remember if it was earlier or not), a group of players made open hacked dueling a competition.

It was recorded at a site called Nightshiver's Ladder Hall (or just the ladder hall) and it was a blast. Who could hack up the best character; abusing the number system as well as mods to goof or trick your way into a victory. There was some truly random stuff that people discovered.

This deals directly with the longevity of the game and it helps with learning how the system works.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Lord Advocate

Yea, I think I heard that once. Must've been some funny duels. But than it's not about playing anymore, it's more about who has the most inventive and most creative hacked sword. I would also imagine a lot of crashes..

Actually, we can do that in Titan Quest. With 100% damage absorption though, I doubt we'll get very far..
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Actually, we can do that in Titan Quest. With 100% damage absorption though, I doubt we'll get very far..
I like making swords that have 100% chance to spawn chain lightning and have 100% chance to bounce...endless bouncing is hilarious.
Closed Thread

Tags
multiplayer, pvp